Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. 7: DRAFT Thread! Post here check pg. 36
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What position are you most concerned about for the upcoming season?
Left Guard
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Left Tackle
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Right Tackle
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
NT (1tech)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
We are just sad on the line of scrimmage. We really have no choice but to question either Cable, Schneider, or both

How can you not mention Pete? He's President and has input on ALL personnel moves. That includes Draft & free agents. Players that don't perform in practice are potentially on the chopping block.
Sure, he takes some blame. But i think it is pretty silly to think he has as much input as Schneider or the scouts on the OL prospects we draft. Where blame goes to Carroll with tbis offense imo is his loyalty to a guy like Bevell and maybe Cable.

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who wants to keep pretending that Hauschka is the biggest problem on special teams can look at Glow getting blown off the ball on a freaking PAT. The blocking has been poor on field goals all year

#1 ET Supporter
imani

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Anyone who wants to keep pretending that Hauschka is the biggest problem on special teams can look at Glow getting blown off the ball on a freaking PAT. The blocking has been poor on field goals all year

Only thing he's doing wrong is kicking low. It's been way too often

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Yeah its either the blocking or a bad snap. I think he had one low kick that got blocked that I can remember. The blocking is terribad all around.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-8 on 3rd downs. Against SF. Lol.

And Nolan Freese can GTFO. Get Gresham back.
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
We are just sad on the line of scrimmage. We really have no choice but to question either Cable, Schneider, or both

How can you not mention Pete? He's President and has input on ALL personnel moves. That includes Draft & free agents. Players that don't perform in practice are potentially on the chopping block.
Sure, he takes some blame. But i think it is pretty silly to think he has as much input as Schneider or the scouts on the OL prospects we draft. Where blame goes to Carroll with tbis offense imo is his loyalty to a guy like Bevell and maybe Cable.

Onus falls on Schneider IMO. I have to imagine the formula for how we pick OLinemen and the general strategy are determined by Schneider. He ultimately determines where the money goes. I hope Ifedi works out, but we had several posters in here immediately comment on how terrible he was in college and it's the same we've seen of him this year. How are they comfortable with that level of play?
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been outplayed by the 9ers? Get real.

It's getting so tough to watch.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Onus falls on Schneider IMO. I have to imagine the formula for how we pick OLinemen and the general strategy are determined by Schneider. He ultimately determines where the money goes. I hope Ifedi works out, but we had several posters in here immediately comment on how terrible he was in college and it's the same we've seen of him this year. How are they comfortable with that level of play?

I showed plenty of You tubes on how I loathed Ifedi but nobody wanted to listen and instead just argue. Ifedi has slow feet and poor balance. There was a thread on which player we don't want the Hawks to draft. Mine was Ifedi.

PC will still have say on whom we draft. Schneider may have more influence but PC still has some say & blame. He will rarely veto but has that authority.

Point is they're all culpable, including PC.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone remember why we drafted Nick Vanett?

I kept thinking it was a waste of a draft pick but maybe someone has an ideal of why we draft a TE in rd 3 that was a 5th rd prospect & we already had 3 TE's on our depth chart.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After we drafted Ifedi, this was my response! Nothing has changed!

Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
Does anyone remember why we drafted Nick Vanett?

I kept thinking it was a waste of a draft pick but maybe someone has an ideal of why we draft a TE in rd 3 that was a 5th rd prospect & we already had 3 TE's on our depth chart.
Only reason I can think of is that they are just drafting Willson's backup a year ahead

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

I showed plenty of You tubes on how I loathed Ifedi but nobody wanted to listen and instead just argue. Ifedi has slow feet and poor balance. There was a thread on which player we don't want the Hawks to draft. Mine was Ifedi.

PC will still have say on whom we draft. Schneider may have more influence but PC still has some say & blame. He will rarely veto but has that authority.

I was a big Ifedi supporter and I still think he has the talent needed to be successful. With that said, his progression this year has been very disappointing. He doesn't have bad balance, he has bad technique. He's a lunger and needs to be taught how to use his size in pass pro especially and that is where I believe Cable has done a poor job. Maybe Ifedi isn't coachable, that is quite possible, but I just see a lot of technique issues that I had faith Cable could fix

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

I can't put too much blame on Pete in regards to the OLine. He's a DBs coach by trade and a defensive mind more than anything.

It's pretty evident John has a formula when evaluating linemen and the team promoted Tom Cable to Assistant Head Coach, which IMO signals the fact that he has a lot of say in his position group. I'd reason that John and Tom are the most important voices in the room when determining which OLinemen we should bring in.

And to be fair, Tom Cable has an abysmal record with evaluating linemen. He has always prioritized athleticism and size above all else. I can only imagine how much he was gushing over Ifedi during the draft process.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhat irrelevant right now, but has anyone else noticed that the only good lineman the Seahawks have ever drafted (Russell Okung) was the only draft that Tom Cable wasn't on the coaching staff? Interesting considering how much input he has into the O-lineman we draft.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
Somewhat irrelevant right now, but has anyone else noticed that the only good lineman the Seahawks have ever drafted (Russell Okung) was the only draft that Tom Cable wasn't on the coaching staff? Interesting considering how much input he has into the O-lineman we draft.
Okung has been really bad this year and I think it is worth considering that Okung was a top 6 pick

People are right on when they the staff in Seattle puts too much emphasis on physical ability for OL

#1 ET Supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 27 of 45

Jump to: