Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Talk - 2016 is over
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartan300

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
One position I can see us using an earlier pick on than some may assume is a TE. Eifert has back issues, Kroft who knows. Usama is ok, but Eifert is also in a contract year. I can see us taking another one in the first 2 days this year.

Not at all. I like Uzomah a good deal. Kroft isn't bad either. Hell, Eifert is great when he's healthy and we barely utilize him on a weekly basis. He has some good games and then other games where he has like 2 targets, which makes zero sense. With this coaching staff/scheme, we definitely don't need to waste a pick on a top TE...

I love Eifert. But his most recent back injury could be scary. Also in a contract year. Kroft is struggling to stay healthy. I like Uzomah as well, but he is a 3rd TE. I'm just saying, I wouldn't be shocked

I don't see it this year. Maybe next year.

Depending on how far he falls due to injury, I would love to take Jake Butt.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
One position I can see us using an earlier pick on than some may assume is a TE. Eifert has back issues, Kroft who knows. Usama is ok, but Eifert is also in a contract year. I can see us taking another one in the first 2 days this year.

Not at all. I like Uzomah a good deal. Kroft isn't bad either. Hell, Eifert is great when he's healthy and we barely utilize him on a weekly basis. He has some good games and then other games where he has like 2 targets, which makes zero sense. With this coaching staff/scheme, we definitely don't need to waste a pick on a top TE...

I love Eifert. But his most recent back injury could be scary. Also in a contract year. Kroft is struggling to stay healthy. I like Uzomah as well, but he is a 3rd TE. I'm just saying, I wouldn't be shocked

I wouldn't be shocked if we go CB and then TE in the first two rounds, but I damn sure won't be happy about it... Laughing Crying or Very sad
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Shame we couldn't keep Matt Lengel around.

He's on our practice squad one moment, and is likely/probably in the mix for a starting TE spot in a Superbowl squad the next......
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Since we definitely need another injured TE on the roster lol

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Shame we couldn't keep Matt Lengel around.

He's on our practice squad one moment, and is likely/probably in the mix for a starting TE spot in a Superbowl squad the next......

They use tight ends more than us. I don't think he is anything too special.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Since we definitely need another injured TE on the roster lol

Depending on how far he falls I say draft him and stash him away since we have depth and he is very talented. Especially with Eifert entering a contact year. Think of the 2 TE sets in the red zone with him and Eifert on the field together. Plus if Eifert gets hurt or doesn't resign, there wouldn't be as big of a talent drop off as there would be otherwise. Obviously, the Bengals have much bigger needs but if the value is there I wouldn't mind it.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching this national championship game it's hard not to want Foster

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Watching this national championship game it's hard not to want Foster

Yeah. So my only concern is he already has like 3 or 4 concussions in his career. But since Marvin Lewis doesn't believe in concussions, it's fine... Laughing
HangOnSloopy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I hate having to go back to a position we used two early picks on, I hope Cam Robinson falls to us. Whit is close to the end and I don't think Fisher or Ced are going to turn into servicable Tackles. Makes my stomach turn that we may miss out on Foster, Garnett, Hooker etc. But it all starts up front, especially while we have Andy running the show. He needs a clean pocket to operate.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HangOnSloopy wrote:
As much as I hate having to go back to a position we used two early picks on, I hope Cam Robinson falls to us. Whit is close to the end and I don't think Fisher or Ced are going to turn into servicable Tackles. Makes my stomach turn that we may miss out on Foster, Garnett, Hooker etc. But it all starts up front, especially while we have Andy running the show. He needs a clean pocket to operate.

I still have some hope for Fisher, but i'm done with Ced. Doesn't appear to have the drive to get better. Hearing some of his postgame stuff makes me think he's content or just giving lip service on his bad performances.

They will have to keep him around as a backup for the next couple of years, but i think he's probably a big bust.

I don't know about spending a high pick though. I think i'd resign Whit, declare an open competition at RT and choose between Fisher and Winston. And maybe a third option rests on the market somewhere in FA.

~T.S. Eliot
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I don't know about spending a high pick though. I think i'd resign Whit, declare an open competition at RT and choose between Fisher and Winston. And maybe a third option rests on the market somewhere in FA.

I threw it out earlier but what about bring Andre Smith back?
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:

Yeah i don't think i responded but that would be fine.

~T.S. Eliot
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch much college football outside of Ohio State this year, but there are a few guys, outside of the earlier guys and probably later rounds, that I like.

Raekwon McMillan
TJ Watt
Jordan Leggett
Jarrad Davis

I'd like to see us get a corner no later than the 4th, as well as a tackle that could probably play guard. That guy definitely wasn't on Ohio State this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bengals talked with 2 prospects today for this week's senior Bowl

S: Johnathan Ford, Auburn
QB: Antonio Pipkin, Tiffin

Obvious Pipkin won't even probably get drafted, but Ford is a guy to maybe keep an eye on, because he's probably a 6th round grade.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:

Yeah i don't think i responded but that would be fine.

He played four games last year. Four. No thanks. His heart quit about four years ago when he didn't get that big payday in free agebcy before his last contract with us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 6 of 19

Jump to: