Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 FA's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green4gulf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
I'd much rather roll the dice on a mid-round draft pick of Pat Maholmes than to shell out another 8 figure annual contract to a non-elite QB.

I value ESPNs QBR when it comes to evaluating QB performance.
Tyrod is ranked #9 on their 2016 QBR with a 68.2.
Tannehill is ranked at #24 with a 54.6.

Significant upgrade imo.......but as I mentioned earlier, I don't foresee Tyrod coming to Miami if released......
hrubes20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
I'd much rather roll the dice on a mid-round draft pick of Pat Maholmes than to shell out another 8 figure annual contract to a non-elite QB.

Significant upgrade imo.......but as I mentioned earlier, I don't foresee Tyrod coming to Miami if released......

I mean yeah, if you could choose one of Tannehill or Taylor, you probably choose Taylor. But the Fins can't just cut Tannehill this year without any dead money. They will still be on the hook to pay him this year, and the improvement from Tannehill to Taylor isn't enough to warrant spending $30+ million on the QB position in 2017.

That's why I would rather they draft Pat Maholmes and give Gase a chance to work with him. Only problem is that he may go higher than you'd like to see, given the dearth of QBs in this draft.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where to post this.

Rumors are DC Vance Joseph is the front-runner for Denver's HC vacancy.

Supposedly Gase has pegged current LB coach Matt Burke as an in-house replacement.

Don't be surprised if Gase then brings in Joe Vitt as LB coach, who was recently fired by Sean Payton. Vitt is Gase's father-in-law.

I'll be sad to see Vance go, I think he was instrumental in the development of our CBs. Lippett has grown so much this season. Howard didn't get a ton of snaps due to injury but has impressed for a rookie. And Maxwell has bounced back in a serious way after being benched. Look no further than his game against Antonio Brown earlier in the year, when he shadowed him most of the time.

True, the defense hasn't been fantastic but Vance has done very well plugging in sub-par players and getting decent results, in my humble opinion.
Emerica

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any FA LBers we could be interested in?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:

Zach Brown?
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
Emerica wrote:

Zach Brown?

Dont'a Hightower, but he is going to get some big bucks.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some new information has been leaked.

Kiko has been advised that the Dolphins will place a 1st round tender on him in free agency. Last year the 1st round tender paid 3.675 million, so it should be slightly higher this year.

Landry and the Dolphins are currently negotiating a new contract to keep Jarvis a Dolphin for the next 5 years. The Dolphins want to send the message to the other players that hard work will be rewarded.

Stills is on the back burner until the Landry deal is complete. Stills will have to accept less than market value to stay with the Dolphins.

Both Jenkins and Bushrod have not been asked about resigning.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:

Kiko has been advised that the Dolphins will place a 1st round tender on him in free agency. Last year the 1st round tender paid 3.675 million, so it should be slightly higher this year.

Landry and the Dolphins are currently negotiating a new contract to keep Jarvis a Dolphin for the next 5 years. The Dolphins want to send the message to the other players that hard work will be rewarded.

Stills is on the back burner until the Landry deal is complete. Stills will have to accept less than market value to stay with the Dolphins.

I'm on board with all those moves.

I would've done a 2nd round tender for Kiko.. I doubt anybody coughs up a 2nd pick + a multi-year contract for him. But the difference is only about $1.5 million, not too bad.

100% on board with extending Landry first, and it should happen this offseason. I'm expecting $12 million annually. I'm okay with letting Stills walk.. the money would be better spent on a LB / DE / TE / S / CB etc.

Bushrod doesn't need to be extended.

Jenkins.. is not the best LBer but if the Dolphins get rid of both Jenkins & Misi that's a lot of LBers to replace in one offseason. Maybe Misi is restructured to bring his cap number down?
Daryl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also cool with those moves and Stills needs to be retained also. I hope they can work it out. DVP is in consistent or at least he was this season and so is Stills so they kind of balance each other out BUT if we could get them both to play consistently we would have a ridiculous three headed beast. Throw in a TE and we should average close to 30 points a game. All this of course is predicated on the OL taking a step forward n staying healthy.
Dolphinmeister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Miami has a good foundation laid for the future
I do not think you will see Miami let play makers walk as in years past.
Pay your young play makers, resign proven veterans at a discount rate and let the overpaid non producers go, and build through the draft.
The only high dollar free agent I would consider is OLB Melvin Ingram from SD,
Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinmeister wrote:
Now that Miami has a good foundation laid for the future
I do not think you will see Miami let play makers walk as in years past.
Pay your young play makers, resign proven veterans at a discount rate and let the overpaid non producers go, and build through the draft.
The only high dollar free agent I would consider is OLB Melvin Ingram from SD,

I agree with this except I would replace Ingram with Kevin Zeitler personally.
Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:

I would've done a 2nd round tender for Kiko.. I doubt anybody coughs up a 2nd pick + a multi-year contract for him. But the difference is only about $1.5 million, not too bad.

100% on board with extending Landry first, and it should happen this offseason. I'm expecting $12 million annually. I'm okay with letting Stills walk.. the money would be better spent on a LB / DE / TE / S / CB etc.

Jenkins.. is not the best LBer but if the Dolphins get rid of both Jenkins & Misi that's a lot of LBers to replace in one offseason. Maybe Misi is restructured to bring his cap number down?

I'm going to disagree with you on this. We lost Clay and Vernon in back to back years for giving lower tenders than we should have. I don't want to see that happen again. Give him the first round tender and work out a long term deal with him
Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:

I don't agree with any of those measures. Those data are skewed. The only way to really analyze a quarterback's performance are to analyze every play one by one. Look at time to throw the ball, decision making, receiver routes, the play call, timing and precision of the throw, the receiver's performance (did he catch it, how many yards gained after catch, broken tackles, etc.) Looking at the end results of a game let's say the line is 18 of 32 for 236 1 TD and 1 int. does not tell the whole story. Personally, I would much rather have Tannehill than Tyrod Taylor
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemmiwinks wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:

I don't agree with any of those measures. Those data are skewed. The only way to really analyze a quarterback's performance are to analyze every play one by one. Look at time to throw the ball, decision making, receiver routes, the play call, timing and precision of the throw, the receiver's performance (did he catch it, how many yards gained after catch, broken tackles, etc.) Looking at the end results of a game let's say the line is 18 of 32 for 236 1 TD and 1 int. does not tell the whole story. Personally, I would much rather have Tannehill than Tyrod Taylor

ESPN's adjusted total QBR is the most complete rating I'm aware of for QB's. They take a lot into account when measuring a QB's performance, not just yards, touchdowns, and interceptions. It uses sacks, designed runs, passes, scrambles and even penalties. It even adjusts for stats accumulated in "garbage time". If you know of a better QB rating tool then please let me know. As for Tannehill over Taylor, we'll have to agree to disagree.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17653521/how-total-qbr-calculated-explain-our-improved-qb-rating
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemmiwinks wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:

I'm going to disagree with you on this. We lost Clay and Vernon in back to back years for giving lower tenders than we should have. I don't want to see that happen again. Give him the first round tender and work out a long term deal with him

Neither Clay nor Vernon were given tenders though? They were UFAs. Dolphins were just outbid on both.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: