Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 Ups 5 Downs Wild Card edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warfelg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

43M-

I'm not saying it was right to leave him in. I thought it was stupid. Just have Landry hand it off a bunch.

But we agreed in another thread that people unjustly put things on Tomlin. And you know as well as me that if Landry was in there and Miami got a fast FG and TD, bringing it to a 1 score game, people on here would rip Tomlin for taking Ben out and letting Miami back in the game. That's my point. Some on here hate Tomlin blindly and will always put him in no win situations.

I mean look to the two-three people that posted that we were going too easy by running it.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
43M-

I'm not saying it was right to leave him in. I thought it was stupid. Just have Landry hand it off a bunch.

But we agreed in another thread that people unjustly put things on Tomlin. And you know as well as me that if Landry was in there and Miami got a fast FG and TD, bringing it to a 1 score game, people on here would rip Tomlin for taking Ben out and letting Miami back in the game. That's my point. Some on here hate Tomlin blindly and will always put him in no win situations.

I mean look to the two-three people that posted that we were going too easy by running it.

Okay...I see. Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did tomlin learn his lesson though? Is Ben really hurt (as bad as they say) or was this a drama distraction? Never know with this team, something we have to try and get used to or understand.

I am not expecting to be winning games by such a margin the rest of this season but if we are and tomlin lets this piece of history repeat, then what? It contradicts the last game of the season when he rested players IMO, I can't understand his mentality. Was he caught up in the moment of winning a playoff game (first one in 5 years IIRC) and didn't realize what was going on? Even if so, wtf were the coordinators doing when they could have stepped in and said something?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
Did tomlin learn his lesson though? Is Ben really hurt (as bad as they say) or was this a drama distraction? Never know with this team, something we have to try and get used to or understand.

Has anyone even said Ben is hurt? I know there were unconfirmed reports that he had a grade two sprain....but that hasnt been confirmed. Thus far, all we know is he was in a walking boot after the game and he said he would be fine.

[quoteI am not expecting to be winning games by such a margin the rest of this season but if we are and tomlin lets this piece of history repeat, then what? It contradicts the last game of the season when he rested players IMO, I can't understand his mentality. Was he caught up in the moment of winning a playoff game (first one in 5 years IIRC) and didn't realize what was going on? Even if so, wtf were the coordinators doing when they could have stepped in and said something?[/quote]

My guess is he thought nothing would happen. Foolish assumption, but they were running most of the time and the passes they did throw were mainly short ones.

Not defending the decision to keep them in at all, but in some fairness to Tomlin, Ben shouldnt have been trying to make a big play there. He should have just thrown it away. Then again, as stated, we shouldnt have been throwing at all at that point.

Next week, given this and Ben's play on the road this season, we should be riding Bell and the running game, and only depend on Ben if we have to. Basically, Id make Ben a game manager against KC unless they are able to really shut down the run.

I think that approach could work vs KC....but it wont work vs the Pats. We need Ben at his best and the defense playing well if we make it to Foxboro in 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roethlisberger is no longer wearing the boot. He said the team wanted him to wear it as a precaution. He said he should be good to go on Sunday as the MRI showed he aggravated an old foot fracture but nothing serious.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: