Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With job on line in 2017, Payton fires all his buddies!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, any idea on who they might bring in?

The more I think about it...

I want Jim Tomsula for DL coach and Mike Singletary for LB coach.

Joe Barry of Washington and John Pagano of SAN Diego would also be great candidates for the LB coach position but I want Tomsula for DL coach.

WHODAT91FOREVER
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:

Joe Barry of Washington and John Pagano of SAN Diego would also be great candidates for the LB coach position but I want Tomsula for DL coach.

That would be so sick.

mike23md on the sig
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:

Dude, I've been praying for us to land Singletary for years now. I actually wanted him as DC, but you know Allen isn't going anywhere soon. If Singletary comes in for linebackers, Allen would have no choice but to listen to him. He is a stud!! And he hones badasses!!!

Special teams alone kept us from being a wildcard. I'd have been even more pissed about keeping Payton if they'd have kept ST coaches and not fired Vitt.

I was thrilled when I saw the NFL Alert on my phone that showed a moderate house cleaning, starting Vitt. So thrilled I actually interrupted a meeting with my employees and told them. Some of them are big football fans, so they thought it was funny Smile
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love Singletary as a LB coach but he's got a really strong personality that I doubt Payton would want to deal with (although he should embrace that) so I would be shocked to see him land in NO.

Tomsula will be the guy I will scream and moan for until a DL is hired. I personally feel he's not only one of the best DL coaches in football but one of the best position coaches overall. He'd be a HOME RUN for Payton and would have talent to work with in NO.

Recently fired Redskins D.C. Joe Barry is a really good LB coach and so is likely soon to be fired Chargers D.C. John Pagano. I feel the guy that will take over LB will be someone with lots of experience but yet young enough to be able to relate with these young players and his first order of business will be to remake Stephone Anthony into a starting NFL linebacker.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like Johnson somewhat. Has a much better resume than the Vitt and McMahon that's for sure. It's not like he was some elite DL coach though so I'll take it. So happy about the others.

Wake up call for Payton? His decision or is he feeling the pressure from Loomis? No one will know. I hope it's the 1st though, just cause it'd show Payton is willing to do this and make the team better and wants to stay and win.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans (unfortunately)

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomsula and Singletary would be incredible. Feel like both will eventually be good DCs in this league so getting them for now to coach position groups would be amazing.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans (unfortunately)

Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Singletary still under contract with the Rams?

Anyway, Tomsula and Singletary had an awesome defense when they worked together in San Fran. If they came to the Saints, I would 10/1 you that we'd have another Championship almost immediately. Maybe multiple. Just a couple personnel tweaks, and BAM!

We know what our offense can/will do. Please, God, let's build this defense with appropriate, killer leadership.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:

Anyway, Tomsula and Singletary had an awesome defense when they worked together in San Fran. If they came to the Saints, I would 10/1 you that we'd have another Championship almost immediately. Maybe multiple. Just a couple personnel tweaks, and BAM!

We know what our offense can/will do. Please, God, let's build this defense with appropriate, killer leadership.

I want to get excited but deep down I realize that the guys ultimately marking the decisions are still the ones who have been making them all along so just because Vitt and the boys are finally gone doesn't mean it's a shoe in that Payton gets these hires right... in actuality the odds are that he won't.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:

I want to get excited but deep down I realize that the guys ultimately marking the decisions are still the ones who have been making them all along so just because Vitt and the boys are finally gone doesn't mean it's a shoe in that Payton gets these hires right... in actuality the odds are that he won't.
Yeah, sad we have to think that way.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that we'll complain before Payton has even interviewed a guy. Laughing Let's wait a little before we complain, eh? Firing them shows that Payton is willing to do what it takes, if Loomis told him to do it or he's canned then it shows he wants to stay and win here. If he did it on his own then even better. Either way he made the right decision and let's wait before we whine some more.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans (unfortunately)

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
I see that we'll complain before Payton has even interviewed a guy. Laughing Let's wait a little before we complain, eh? Firing them shows that Payton is willing to do what it takes, if Loomis told him to do it or he's canned then it shows he wants to stay and win here. If he did it on his own then even better. Either way he made the right decision and let's wait before we whine some more.

I'll agree here... I am hoping for the best and your right, reguardless why or how he fired them the fact is that he fired them. Hopefully this is Payton getting his fire back.

Time will tell

WHODAT91FOREVER
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Good point. I hope this is a true turning of the page. I've said all along that (for the most part) I'm impressed with our offense. The defense is just a joke. I hope they remove the joke.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: