Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jacoby Brissett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
young juice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Jacoby Brissett Reply with quote

Haven't seen a topic on him. We only saw a small sample of what he is capable of. IDK about anyone else but I think he is the future of this team and not Garrapolo. Mainly because in the upcoming off-seasons I see the team unloading Garrapolo. Jacoby will have 2-3 to learn under Brady and I like that he can throw a pass but also has speed to run it. Dont think the Pats have ever had that in a QB.

RIP Marquise Hill (August 8, 1982 May 28, 2007)
RIP Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 November 27, 2007)

1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His maturity is something I knew the Patriots loved, from what I read they gathered from Parcells, who has been a mentor of his. I've read he's taken Floyd under his wing since he got here and has put in extra work. The guy seems to be doing all the right things so far, which is nice to see/read. I'm excited for his development.
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Jacoby Brissett Reply with quote

young juice wrote:
Haven't seen a topic on him. We only saw a small sample of what he is capable of. IDK about anyone else but I think he is the future of this team and not Garrapolo. Mainly because in the upcoming off-seasons I see the team unloading Garrapolo. Jacoby will have 2-3 to learn under Brady and I like that he can throw a pass but also has speed to run it. Dont think the Pats have ever had that in a QB.

If he can pick up Brady's pocket presence then he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

He's got great long distance speed and ok take off ability. I don't think he has the scramble ability that Kap, Taylor, and Wilson possess. He's more of a Jameis Winston player who has enough speed to keep defenses wary of leaving him open space but, not quick enough to warrant someone shadowing him on him every play

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
MoJo63

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we flat out don't know enough about him yet. How well does he read defenses? Does he panic in the pocket? How well does he throw the timing routes? How accurate is his long ball? To many question maturation and praise from coaches is one thing let's see how the rest pans out. Bottom line if Jimmy is gone we don't have much of a choice.
reamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's a good player. Throw out the Buffalo game -- it's impossible to gauge his accuracy when throwing with a thumb that required surgery and rehab. He can improve his mechanics and accuracy over time. The encouraging thing is that he seems to make good reads and keep the ball safe. He clearly knows the playbook at this point, and I think the fact that he's been brought back from IR, as well as assigned the task to bring newcomers up to speed, speaks volumes about how the coaching staff feel about Jacoby. Really excited to see him develop. Who knows how far he'll go, but the attitude and intelligence are clearly in place.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Jacoby Brissett Reply with quote

bluemushrooms wrote:
young juice wrote:

If he can pick up Brady's pocket presence then he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

He's got great long distance speed and ok take off ability. I don't think he has the scramble ability that Kap, Taylor, and Wilson possess. He's more of a Jameis Winston player who has enough speed to keep defenses wary of leaving him open space but, not quick enough to warrant someone shadowing him on him every play

Long term, I see Brissett more in the Roethlisberger mold. Big, strong guy who can be a pain to bring down but doesn't run. Can take off here and there, maybe a little better than current Roethlisberger who has been slowed by age and injury. I don't see Brissett as a mobile QB or a guy who would even have a Rodgers-esque ability to run. He's a play extender, not a true mobile QB. He'll probably have a bunch of 3-7 yard runs on broken plays (like Alex Smith) and capable of breaking one or two longer ones per year. But not a true rushing threat for defenses to have to worry about.

I think people overrate his athletic ability and speed as a runner. He wasn't much of a running threat at school and as he (presumably) bulks up and as he gets older, his speed will slow.
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Jacoby Brissett Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
bluemushrooms wrote:
young juice wrote:

Long term, I see Brissett more in the Roethlisberger mold. Big, strong guy who can be a pain to bring down but doesn't run. Can take off here and there, maybe a little better than current Roethlisberger who has been slowed by age and injury. I don't see Brissett as a mobile QB or a guy who would even have a Rodgers-esque ability to run. He's a play extender, not a true mobile QB. He'll probably have a bunch of 3-7 yard runs on broken plays (like Alex Smith) and capable of breaking one or two longer ones per year. But not a true rushing threat for defenses to have to worry about.

I think people overrate his athletic ability and speed as a runner. He wasn't much of a running threat at school and as he (presumably) bulks up and as he gets older, his speed will slow.

Ben R is a good comparison. I stopped myself of comparing him to Ben R because I felt like Jimmy G is pretty similar to Ben R with regards to their balance and ground game.

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He allowed the Phins to come back after coming in, he managed a good game and couldnt overcome a bad injury in the third outing. I would say he is nothing more than a giant question mark at this point.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
MoJo63

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
He allowed the Phins to come back after coming in, he managed a good game and couldnt overcome a bad injury in the third outing. I would say he is nothing more than a giant question mark at this point.

I looked for him on defense never saw him.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Obviously the defense allowed Miami to score, but Jacoby didn't respond well.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Hunter2_1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want Garoppolo. Speak to the hand
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Obviously the defense allowed Miami to score, but Jacoby didn't respond well.

First drive, 3 and out on incompletion to Edelman

2nd drive got a TD on a 68 yard drive on his first drive replacing Garoppolo

3rd drive was killed by a sack (maybe blame that on his awareness) and a -4 yard run by White

4th drive Brissett took the Pats from their own 19 to Miami 35 before a Thuney hold and a sack crippled the drive

5th drive Brissett drove the team from Pat 25 to Miami 21 and Gostkowski missed a FG

Saying he "didn't respond well" is just flat out wrong. I guess you can say those two sacks could have been avoided by a better/smarter/more experienced QB but he led a TD drive and two drives into Miami territory in 3 of 5 drives. That's about as well as you could expect any backup QB to perform, let alone a guy who is a 3rd string rookie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: