Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Team Needs Reply with quote

If this has been posted before I apologize, but I am trying to get a fan base opinion of the team needs.

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.WR
2.S

3.OL
4.RB

Adopt-a-Buc Kwon Alexander 90 Tackles, 7 Tackles for Loss, 3 Sacks, 1 INT
indifference

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. WR
2. OL
3. S
4. DL
5. RB
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
1. WR
2. OL
3. S
4. DL
5. RB

Pretty much this.

The coaching staff seems to be higher on the oline than most people, but I think there's an element of the coaches having the players' backs.

While these needs are pretty much the same order I have them, I think we go BPA from one of these positions when we're on the clock. The receiver class is too weak to justify reaching, especially when it's a decent Dline and safety class.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team has a worse depth chart at TE then WR. Don't get me wrong WR is weak, but TE is putrid.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. OL
2. WR
3. TE
4. S
5. RB

As far as the draft goes, I think we are in the position draft BPA more than need for the first time in a while. Free agency will obviously change the above order as well.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres no way WR is a NUMBER 1 need
NO WAY
we already have a number 1 reciever

look at the rams now thats a team with a number one need of WR
not us

we need a

Saftey

another DE
YES another DE, we need more sacks, we need to put more pressure on these QBs and we didnt do that well last year , i mean there was an improvement but not good enough IMO

then RT

then WR
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
theres no way WR is a NUMBER 1 need
NO WAY
we already have a number 1 reciever

look at the rams now thats a team with a number one need of WR
not us

we need a

Saftey

another DE
YES another DE, we need more sacks, we need to put more pressure on these QBs and we didnt do that well last year , i mean there was an improvement but not good enough IMO

then RT

then WR

Receiver is definitely our biggest need. It's Evans, Humph as a decent slot receiver, and a bunch of guys who can't get open consistently. We need help for Winston and Evans too. Think what Evans would be able to do if he wasn't getting doubled or tripled every play. Also, consider what would happens if Evans missed some time. We'd be screwed.

Just because we have one of the best receivers in the NFL, doesn't mean the position groups as a whole isn't the weakest on the team. It might not be a position that we go after solely in the draft, but it's one that will need to be improved this offseason.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR - Mike Evans and next to nothing else. Hump is a slot guy, Shepard is a free agent who shows flashes from time to time and then...yeah, that's nowhere close to good enough. Huff is garbage, and Martino and Reedy are replacement level talent. Derel Walker is intriguing, but we can't bank on a CFL star to develop into a #2 WR. It's critical for Winston's development that he has adequate targets. Wouldn't surprise me if we end up adding 2 additional WRs this offseason.

S- Keith Tandy. Wow. What a way to end a season. He's firmly entrenched as a future starter but we don't really know what we'll do next to him. Conte and McDougald are free agents and I think we'll only bring back McDougald. Even if we bring back McDougald we should look to bring someone in to compete with him. We have no depth at the position now with Ryan Smith being groomed as a CB moving forward.

TE - Our depth chart at TE is worse than it is at WR, it's just a less important position in the offense. Brate has been a fantastic surprise, but we don't have an actual receiving threat behind him. Myers is a free agent and is as good as gone, IMO. Alan Cross made some plays as a FB leaking out into the flat, but he's not ready to take TE snaps, and Stocker has managed to stick on this roster despite continuing to underperform. We're lucky that this is a TE rich draft and I think that we'll draft one much higher than most believe.

DT - McCoy is still a beast, but McDonald is coming into the final year of his contract, and Siliga and Spence are both free agents. Depth and production are both issues here. Maybe not as immediate as S and TE, but it's up there. Adding someone to the rotation should be a priority.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 WR
2 OL
3 DL
4 S
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT: during the sap days , we had cullpepper and booger McFarland who did a lot of dirty work to free guys up at the NT. We have minimal quality depth at DT behind McCoy and McDonald. We will add two guys letting spence go.

My prediction : sign Jonathon Hankins and draft a DT in the middle rounds.

Safety: I think Tandy is a perfect fit for this defense and earned a starting role as our defense really came on when he replaced conte. I don't dislike mcdougald and I think he's a quality player for depth purposes but I wouldn't mind an upgrade. The fact still taking Aguayo over Vonn bell sickens me bc Bell had a good year with the Aints.

My prediction: if we cannot throw the cash Eric berrys way, then look for Budha Baker in round 2-3 range. If not him, Eddie Jackson in round 3.

WR: this is a huge need opposite Evans. We thought Jackson had one more year in him and he didn't.
I'd be hoping for a receiver round 1 of the caliber of Corey Davis. Eagles pick 3 spots in front of us but I think Davis can be there for us at 19.

Prediction: Corey Davis in round 1; marquise Goodwin in FA.

RB: there were times last year that Rodgers was able to find holes behind our line. To me , I think RB was more of the issue. Sure we can upgrade center and RT. This is where I'd go draft.

Prediction: Alvin kamara out of Tennessee in round 2 or Perinne in round 3/4.

Center and RT: there is a lot of debate about our OL and what we will do interior wise. We realized how much we missed Dotson when he went down. So upgrading depth will be a priority.
I don't like our center position. Whether we move Marpet to center and Sweezy to RG, that will upgrade entirely.

I think the draft will be in play for depth but the available prospects are weak amongst the OL position.

My take: option 1: we move Marpet to center. Sweezy comes back at guard. And we take a look at free agent options at RT. Rick Wagner from Baltimore.

Option 2: sign Brian Schwenke to be our center, kick pamphile to the right side.

DE: we will get jaq smith back for depth purposes. How long he holds up is one thing. But looking at the draft this is loaded with talent. Spence could use a future bookend guy.

I'm going to go bold here. With William Gholston more than likely commanding 5-7 million on the market, I may look at Jabaal sheard at 11 million per year. Licht has the selling point of an improved defense. Cap space. Jameis Winston and a team on the rise.

In the end:
Fa signings:
DT Jonathon Hankins 4 years 20 mil
RT Rick Wagner 5 years 18 mil
WR marquise Goodwin: 2 years 5 mil
De Jabaal sheard:5 years 50 million

Resign Keith Tandy and Russell shepherd and CB josh Robinson

Draft:
1. Corey Davis WR
2. Alvin kumara RB
3. Eddie Jackson safety
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

In the end:
Fa signings:
DT Jonathon Hankins 4 years 20 mil
RT Rick Wagner 5 years 18 mil
WR marquise Goodwin: 2 years 5 mil
De Jabaal sheard:5 years 50 million

Resign Keith Tandy and Russell shepherd and CB josh Robinson

Draft:
1. Corey Davis WR
2. Alvin kumara RB
3. Eddie Jackson safety

I'd hope we resign Will Gohlston as well but if this is exactly how it played out id lose my mind. Shocked Expectations would be through the roof.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: