Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Next year's opponents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Next year's opponents Reply with quote

Next years opponents - our schedule looks pretty tough at this point.

Home in the Dome:
Atlanta Falcons, #2 seed this year and thumped us good, twice... They're not changing any time soon. They'll only get better under Quinn.
Carolina Panthers, These guys will right the ship, with a great defense. Never look past Ron & the boys.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, On the rise. If they can get Winston to practice this offseason like he's a leader, he'll be scary. And their defense is improving.
Chicago Bears, Did we see the end of Cutler? I hope not, he is our beyatch. Chicago is our only "we should win this" opponent so far.
Detroit Lions, Another playoff team with an improving defense and a really good QB with a decent offense. These guys almost won their division with a skeleton crew in their backfield.
New England Patriots, You know.
New York Jets, Maybe the #2 "we should win this" opponent. (as a Saints fan, these scare me).
Washington Redskins This team is for real, on the rise, and is to be taken seriously. They played really well in the best division in the NFC.

Away:
Atlanta Falcons, See above
Carolina Panthers, See above
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, See above
Green Bay Packers, Won their division after a slow start. Never count out Rogers (even without running backs), and the GB defense is always tough.
Minnesota Vikings, The new "most accurate QB in the league" and started really well this season before the injury bug caught up to them. In Minny, so I'll be there, but this will be a tough game as well.
Buffalo Bills, Who knows. They'll have a new coach, that's the only certainty here.
Miami Dolphins (London), Do we travel well yet? A new Dolphins team is quietly in the playoffs and showing lots of improvement.
Los Angeles Rams Who knows what to expect here. They'll have a new coach, really good defense, and a QB with an entire offseason to study, and a pretty darn good running back coming off a Sophomore slump season.

Nothing easy about next season - if everything remained the same, of course.

We'd best improve on defense about 10 fold if we expect anything close to a 7-9 season.

If our D continues down this road, and our special teams don't button it up, we're looking right down the gun barrel of 7-9 again. If I play optimist, I see us no better than 10-6.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time we had the Pats in the dome we blew them out and Brees had a perfect passer rating. Belichick is known for not making the same mistakes twice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, don't knock Chicago. This will be tough. I think they'll rely more heavily on the run now that they have a KARB in Jordan Howard. Oh, and he was the best FA pick-up I made on my fantasy team this year (winner!).

Mid Iowa wrote:
trade Browner to Canada for a tub of fine Maple syrup, and call it a night.
wow_junky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we played any of those games tomorrow I wouldn't feel confident in us going over 0.500, not one bit.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Bradford is not the most accurate QB in the league. His high comp % is paired with 7.0 Yards/attempt, whereas Brees is paired with much more attempts, as well as 7.7, 8.3, and 8.5 seasons.

Brees is higher than 70% despite throwing deep, and throwing more than everyone else.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Also, Bradford is not the most accurate QB in the league. His high comp % is paired with 7.0 Yards/attempt, whereas Brees is paired with much more attempts, as well as 7.7, 8.3, and 8.5 seasons.

Brees is higher than 70% despite throwing deep, and throwing more than everyone else.
I'm not going to argue with you here, I'm just surprised that you read down that far Wink

Did you ever hear the story of David Lee Roth's contract? Deep in his contract he insisted on a clear glass bowl of green ONLY M&M's to be placed on a table just inside their dressing room door. He wasn't being a Prima Donna, he knew the very second that he entered the room, at a glance, if the vendor had read through his contract or not.

I know Bradford isn't the most accurate passer, he just had a pretty darn good season, all things considered.

Brees is still a stud, and will be for some time.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schedule isn't as bad as this year's was.

If we have a middling offseason and don't improve much, if at all: 7-9

If we have a great offseason and have considerable improvement: 7-9

This is our life now.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans (unfortunately)

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
NS922

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what our schedule is. We've always been a team that can beat anybody but lose to anybody.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:

I'm not going to argue with you here, I'm just surprised that you read down that far Wink

Did you ever hear the story of David Lee Roth's contract? Deep in his contract he insisted on a clear glass bowl of green ONLY M&M's to be placed on a table just inside their dressing room door. He wasn't being a Prima Donna, he knew the very second that he entered the room, at a glance, if the vendor had read through his contract or not.

I know Bradford isn't the most accurate passer, he just had a pretty darn good season, all things considered.

I knew you probably didn't seriously think that, I just felt the need to put it into written words for all to see.

And I'm not taking away from Bradford, I've always thought he could have success with a supporting cast that isn't pure garbage like he's had since day 1.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
It doesn't matter what our schedule is. We've always been a team that can beat anybody but lose to anybody.

Additionally recently we seem to have lost the ability to close out close games. Maybe it's the lack of consistent run game but I don't know how one of the leagues consistently highly ranked 3rd down offences struggles in the "clutch".
We all know since CenturyLink 2010/Candlestick 2011, leaving anything in the defences hands is asking for trouble. Crying or Very sad Laughing

Nothing we can know for certain till next year, be nice to play the Pats again. Last two games have been really good. [2013 frustrating as heck though].
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:

I knew you probably didn't seriously think that, I just felt the need to put it into written words for all to see.

And I'm not taking away from Bradford, I've always thought he could have success with a supporting cast that isn't pure garbage like he's had since day 1.

Thing is, his supporting cast is still garbo. All he needed was a good coach to play well. Imagine if they actually get him a line and any offensive help outside of Diggs.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans (unfortunately)

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:

Thing is, his supporting cast is still garbo. All he needed was a good coach to play well. Imagine if they actually get him a line and any offensive help outside of Diggs.

Yes, I know, he has potential to be a great QB, he's just been dealt an absolutely awful hand his entire career.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Yes, I know, he has potential to be a great QB, he's just been dealt an absolutely awful hand his entire career.
Truth!
R.I.P. Will Smith #91

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: