Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 Steelers @ Bengals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
If Marvin doesn't get fired, then I'm praying they get there asses handed to them in the next 2 games so that way he will finally decide to just quit. The only reason Marvin has never been fired for having a losing season is because every losing season he's had he's finished the season with momentum. Going on a 3 game losing streak would not help his cause, especially if they get destroyed.

And then that momentum carries in the next year and they win a lot of games.

Yes, that's terrible. Let's get rid of him.

While I agree J he does win games, I think his message is starting to fall on def ears. He is 2-14 at home against the steelers. He even said today he isnt pushing the right buttons with these guys. He has had the same roster for most of the last few years and still can't push the right buttons.

He has done a remarkable job with the team, but I worry that he cannot get us over the hump.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
If Marvin doesn't get fired, then I'm praying they get there asses handed to them in the next 2 games so that way he will finally decide to just quit. The only reason Marvin has never been fired for having a losing season is because every losing season he's had he's finished the season with momentum. Going on a 3 game losing streak would not help his cause, especially if they get destroyed.

While I agree J he does win games, I think his message is starting to fall on def ears. He is 2-14 at home against the steelers. He even said today he isnt pushing the right buttons with these guys. He has had the same roster for most of the last few years and still can't push the right buttons.

He has done a remarkable job with the team, but I worry that he cannot get us over the hump.

For many of those years the Steelers had a huge edge at the one position that really matters - QB. Now it's a little more even, but the Bengals as a team have fallen off a little.

Hitting the panic button here probably puts the odds at 75% of a reboot and a few more losing seasons before maybe getting better. But i hope we're all smart enough fans to know there's no guarantee there.

~T.S. Eliot
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

For many of those years the Steelers had a huge edge at the one position that really matters - QB. Now it's a little more even, but the Bengals as a team have fallen off a little.

Hitting the panic button here probably puts the odds at 75% of a reboot and a few more losing seasons before maybe getting better. But i hope we're all smart enough fans to know there's no guarantee there.

I agree there is no guarantee in it. But at this point, I am not sure we can get over the hump. I am willing to take the risk of making a move and hoping for the best.

But I, in no way, expect Marvin to be let go.

theJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

I agree there is no guarantee in it. But at this point, I am not sure we can get over the hump. I am willing to take the risk of making a move and hoping for the best.

But I, in no way, expect Marvin to be let go.

I'd like to see one more season with the new Dalton at the helm, and a little better play from the guys around him. I think this team would have gotten over the hump with Dalton in 2015, and unfortunately we never got to find out because the rest of the team was trash this year.

~T.S. Eliot
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Marvin will be back.

Few things I noticed yesterday:
1. I have no idea what Zampese is doing. The play calling in the 2nd half was brutal. We continue to shove an ineffective RB down teams throats and leave a guy like Burkhead on the bench. Also, 2 targets for Eifert is inexcusable.

2. We might be the worst blitzing team in the league. We send guys, and they get no where. Half of the time, they run into the line and just get stone walled

3. Not sure what our safeties do most of the time. I really dont. They play so far back to not get beat, but give up everything right in front of them and miss way too many tackles

4. I would love to move on from Pacman and Dre. Pacman is just an idiot and Dre needs to stop celebrating every incompletion and getting so many penalties. Let's roll with Jackson, Dennard and Shaw.

5. Please god, move on from Bodine.

Tell me how you really feel ocho. Laughing

A couple of counters, I'll make:

1.) Yes, we need to move on from Adam Jones. He's just an idiot that will never mature and will keep costing us in the future if we keep him on the field. Dre's celebrations are annoying but he's really stepped his game up this season. I'd love to see him back. If the celebrations are the worst part of his game, I'm fine with it. Dennard is nowhere near where Dre is yet.

2.) Regarding the safeties, I'm ok with the scheme but Shawn Williams has been a disappointment this season. Replace him with Reggie Nelson and we would have had at least 5 more INTs this season. Unbelievable how many INT's he's dropped...
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Tell me how you really feel ocho....

.......any news yet on the fine issued by the NFL office for DeCastros' stomp on Burfict ?
theJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

.......any news yet on the fine issued by the NFL office for DeCastros' stomp on Burfict ?

Saw on twitter, no fine.

~T.S. Eliot
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Saw on twitter, no fine.

Wasn't a clear video of it. Don't think they can fine him

Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Saw on twitter, no fine.

There wasn't a clear video of Burfict stomping them earlier this year but he still was fined $75k.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Saw on twitter, no fine.

There wasn't a clear video of Burfict stomping them earlier this year but he still was fined $75k.

The beauty of being vontaze and having a reputation.

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Saw on twitter, no fine.

The beauty of the NFL "losing" the view that was on vines last week. Just like they cropped the video of Martavious Bryant to convienently lose the view of his feet on the non touchdown in the playoffs. Just like they lost the video of the angle that showed Hioll's elbow was down at the end of the same game, or the video that showed Tyler Boyd was down before the ball came out week 2 this year. Strange hoe this stuff randomly happens and benefits the same team over a specific opponent time after time.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Saw on twitter, no fine.

The beauty of the NFL "losing" the view that was on vines last week. Just like they cropped the video of Martavious Bryant to convienently lose the view of his feet on the non touchdown in the playoffs. Just like they lost the video of the angle that showed Hioll's elbow was down at the end of the same game, or the video that showed Tyler Boyd was down before the ball came out week 2 this year. Strange hoe this stuff randomly happens and benefits the same team over a specific opponent time after time.

......this was what I was kinda angling at with my question..... if it had've been VB goin' dancin' all over a Steeler; theyd've found an angle........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: