You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the Texans be entertaining now?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Will the Texans be entertaining now? Reply with quote

When Osweiler was our starting QB our offense was so boring. I found myself falling asleep during the games he was in. Not even our 2-14 seasons under Capers and Kubiak was this boring. To make matters worse UH's offenses under Tony Levine wasn't this boring. Now that Savage is the starting QB do you think our offense will be more entertaining to watch? Savage averaged 7.2 yards per pass against the Jags. Osweiler this season has averaged 5.7 yards per pass. Hopefully O Brien opens the playbook up and take more chances downfield instead of this intermediate to short pass crap he does.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will definitely make people want to tune in and watch the game Saturday night. We will see if it makes any difference. Part of the problem has been play calling.

As excited as i am about Savage finally getting his chance, there are some negatives i saw from the game as well.

1. He is not mobile at all. This dude has Tom Brady and Peyton manning type speed. His attempt at a scramble was legendary.

2. He locks on to WRs. He didnt do it the whole game, but he did do it a lot.

3. He got lucky more than a few times. He had a pick dropped, and he had some great catches by hopkins and Fuller

so I am extremely glad hes getting a chance, but I still expect him to struggle some. It would be great to see him emerge as a legit QB like several of the greats have, but we will see.

The new thing is to start people right away, but looking at players in the past like Brett Farve, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Kurt Warner, Carson Palmer and the list goes on of guys who needed some time to develop.

Savage reminds me most of Kurt Warner. I dont know if he will be that good, but his frame and ability remind me of him.

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage will hit Williams or Fuller for a long touchdown, mark it down. What a fantastic football Christmas present we've been given.
jch1911

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not want to create a new thread.

Did this in a mock... thoughts?

Houston Texans trade
2017 1st
2017 2nd
2017 4th
2018 1st
WR Jaelen Strong
WR Braxton Miller
T Chris Clark
QB Brock Osweiler
ILB Brian Cushing
CB Kareem Jackson
S Kurtis Drummond

to Indianapolis Colts for
QB Andrew Luck
DE Kristjan Sokoli
CB Darryl Morris
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:

Houston Texans trade
2017 1st
2017 2nd
2017 4th
2018 1st
WR Jaelen Strong
WR Braxton Miller
T Chris Clark
QB Brock Osweiler
ILB Brian Cushing
CB Kareem Jackson
S Kurtis Drummond

QB Andrew Luck
DE Kristjan Sokoli
CB Darryl Morris

lol this is even too complicated for Madden.
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
It will definitely make people want to tune in and watch the game Saturday night. We will see if it makes any difference. Part of the problem has been play calling.

As excited as i am about Savage finally getting his chance, there are some negatives i saw from the game as well.

1. He is not mobile at all. This dude has Tom Brady and Peyton manning type speed. His attempt at a scramble was legendary.

3. He got lucky more than a few times. He had a pick dropped, and he had some great catches by hopkins and Fuller

so I am extremely glad hes getting a chance, but I still expect him to struggle some. It would be great to see him emerge as a legit QB like several of the greats have, but we will see.

The new thing is to start people right away, but looking at players in the past like Brett Farve, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Kurt Warner, Carson Palmer and the list goes on of guys who needed some time to develop.

Savage reminds me most of Kurt Warner. I dont know if he will be that good, but his frame and ability remind me of him.

Being a Rutgers fan and watching this come up, he did the exact same stuff at RU as far as locking onto guys and making numerous poor decisions. He also quit the team and transferred when told he'd have to compete for the job with a 5'10 sophomore the next season. Then he quit Arizona when Rich Rod came in.

He truly does NOT embrace competition and that terrifies me.

In other news, I came in here to ask you guys about Kevin Johnson. How do Texans fans feel about him? I liked him a lot in the draft, and it seemed he was playing really well before he broke his foot.
jch1911

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Being a Rutgers fan and watching this come up, he did the exact same stuff at RU as far as locking onto guys and making numerous poor decisions. He also quit the team and transferred when told he'd have to compete for the job with a 5'10 sophomore the next season. Then he quit Arizona when Rich Rod came in.

In other news, I came in here to ask you guys about Kevin Johnson. How do Texans fans feel about him? I liked him a lot in the draft, and it seemed he was playing really well before he broke his foot.

Thx for info on Savage - I'm hoping he has matured and learned while sitting on bench!

As far as KJo, he is considered one of future cornerstones of the franchise. If/when JJo retires, he will be future top CB. He and McKinney are viewed as future defensive stars.
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Jlash wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Thx for info on Savage - I'm hoping he has matured and learned while sitting on bench!

As far as KJo, he is considered one of future cornerstones of the franchise. If/when JJo retires, he will be future top CB. He and McKinney are viewed as future defensive stars.

Haha, I like the nicknames.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:

Houston Texans trade
2017 1st
2017 2nd
2017 4th
2018 1st
WR Jaelen Strong
WR Braxton Miller
T Chris Clark
QB Brock Osweiler
ILB Brian Cushing
CB Kareem Jackson
S Kurtis Drummond

QB Andrew Luck
DE Kristjan Sokoli
CB Darryl Morris

so basically all our bad contracts and this years draft for Andrew Luck and next years Super Bowl Ring?

ill tkae it all day, every day, forever

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: