Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players to watch - Bowl games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Players to watch - Bowl games Reply with quote

So a lot of you focus on Southern schools (of course) so I thought I'd throw out a few players to watch from my neck of the woods, specifically the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Iowa will play the Florida Gators on Monday in the Outback Bowl.
Here are some players to watch:

Defense:
Dez King - DB - #14 - Senior. Could have been drafted as a Junior last year but decided to play his Senior year. Very durable. The only player in Hawkeye history to play 53 games in the uniform.

Jaleel Johnson - DL - #67 - Senior. Big body (6'4" 310lbs.) and a high motor. Generally plays interior, 1-4 tech. Nobody runs at him, and he's responsible for safties when teams are backed into their own endzone. He's a BEAST!!

ANY of our offensive line. Iowa was voted the best O-Line in the Nation. Seems they're all about 6'5" and 290-310, so there's room for more weight, and these guys are tough!! I would be happy with the Saints picking up any of these guys.
Seniors are #'s 54, 64, 73, 74.

An O-lineman to really watch for the future is starting center, Sophomore #78, James Daniels. This kid will be an all American. He's 6'4" and 295 as a Sophomore, and he's lean. (His brother is our #2 running back, Leshun Daniels).

Leshun Daniels - RB - #29 is a Senior. He is big at 6' 225lbs, and has wheels and vision.

Riley McCarron - WR - #83 - I honestly don't expect much out of him as a pro (if anything) but he'll certainly get some catches on Monday as one of our leading receivers. He's kinda small, like Welker and Beasly.

That's all I've got for now.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: