Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16 GDT: Baltimore Ravens (8-6) @ Pittsburgh (9-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
I've stated my case before for why I think Williams is gone. You let a player that good with no real flaws (character/injury history) hit UFA, with no viable use of franchise tag and hungry teams that are forced to spend 10s of millions to hit the cap floor....

Ricky Wagner is probably going to get a fat contract too. I wonder if we put Alex Lewis in his spot.

Juice probably earned a couple mil over his contract with the big primetime showing. Merry Christmas to him.

I'd like to see offers to the other guys like Levine and Guy and even Matt Elam. If we stop looking at Elam as the first round bust, he's an athletic, still young player who we may as well continue to try to develop on the cheap.

Matt Elam is a bust and not a good enough player to on the roster just because of ST ability.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90 points allowed in the last three games. BEND DON'T BREAK BABAY.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
90 points allowed in the last three games. BEND DON'T BREAK BABAY.

Needs to be renamed the break when you lose one piece on the field defense.
Danand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We where never the number 1 or 3 or 5 ranked defense as someone thought, but we basically ended up being a mediocre to bad defense, which somewhat went unnoticed.

Bills, Browns, Redskins, Bengals and Dolphins we played good to great against on defense, but that is basically it. Several of them have not been good offenses anyways in their own right.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
I've stated my case before for why I think Williams is gone. You let a player that good with no real flaws (character/injury history) hit UFA, with no viable use of franchise tag and hungry teams that are forced to spend 10s of millions to hit the cap floor....

Ricky Wagner is probably going to get a fat contract too. I wonder if we put Alex Lewis in his spot.

Juice probably earned a couple mil over his contract with the big primetime showing. Merry Christmas to him.

I'd like to see offers to the other guys like Levine and Guy and even Matt Elam. If we stop looking at Elam as the first round bust, he's an athletic, still young player who we may as well continue to try to develop on the cheap.

I don't see why we can't use the tag on him. We should be able to free up quite a bit of room with some fairly straight-forward moves.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Danand wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:
we would probably be wining right now if not for juicechcek

Lmao. Wtf. You're blaming juice and not our crappy arse soft defense? Gtfo

If he knew who we had scheming this defense, he would stop on the 1. yard line. That was unfortunately the right thing to do.

Like I said before, dropping at the 1 instead of scoring is the smart thing to do but is difficult to think of at the time in that scenario.

That said, the loss is on the defense - given how [inappropriate/removed] our O is and how good our D is supposed to be, 27 points on offense should win the game

I don't necessarily agree that it was the right thing to do. When you are trailing late in the fourth, you have to take the points when they're available. What if he drops on the one, then Flacco and Zuttah have an exchange issue or any one of a bunch of possibilities?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
Honestly, I don't see how they wouldv'e made (much less won) the Super Bowl this year anyway, so the loss is fine by me. There are way too many issues this team needs to resolve to be a legitimate contender.
It starts with the OC and ends with the DC.

Pees was fine IMO but is still not good enough, no matter what the stats say (he's not getting fired, though. Let's face it). And the RZ offense is absolute garbage. They desperately need someone to replace Smith, too.

I think a lot of folks said the same thing in the SB year when many on this forum completely quit on the team then tried to pretend like they didn't throw dirt on Flacco's grave. I will never prefer to not make the playoffs. You get to the SB by maximizing your shots on goal, not getting one perfect year. We were better poised to win in 2006 than in 2012, for example, based on regular season results.

For your second graf, I would prefer someone other than Pees, but if only one gets replaced, I'd prefer it be MM.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
Danand wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:
we would probably be wining right now if not for juicechcek

Lmao. Wtf. You're blaming juice and not our crappy arse soft defense? Gtfo

If he knew who we had scheming this defense, he would stop on the 1. yard line. That was unfortunately the right thing to do.

Like I said before, dropping at the 1 instead of scoring is the smart thing to do but is difficult to think of at the time in that scenario.

That said, the loss is on the defense - given how [inappropriate/removed] our O is and how good our D is supposed to be, 27 points on offense should win the game

I don't necessarily agree that it was the right thing to do. When you are trailing late in the fourth, you have to take the points when they're available. What if he drops on the one, then Flacco and Zuttah have an exchange issue or any one of a bunch of possibilities?

Keeping possession of the ball and controlling the clock is absolutely the right/smart call (if you can make it in that split second).

The coaching staff should have the faith in the offense to gain 1 yard over 4 attempts given that the run game was performing reasonably well (we converted all three 3rd & short runs before the TD play in question which was also a 3rd & short run).

That 'what if?' argument is futile imo, because you can apply that argument to plenty of things. The facts of the matter are that we all knew at the time that there was too much time left on the clock for Pittsburgh to score given how the D was performing, and that is what they did. If Juice had the presence of mind to drop at the 1, we could have easily taken an extra 20+ seconds and/or made PIT burn their remaining 2 timeouts which would/could have significantly altered their strategy on that final drive.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just look at it this way, do you burn the clock with 1:20 secs to go at the 1 yard line with 4 tries against a defense you've been able to constantly move the ball against all game long and Kenneth Dixon was able to run with people draping all over him(Also keep in mind their defense was very tired at that point, it was a long drive) or give the ball to Big Ben and Antonio Brown with 1:20 secs to go and 3 time outs. And keep in mind, our defense gave up 14 points their last 2 drives, our defense was looking like hot trash at that point. The choice was pretty freaking easy to me. I was flipping out when Jusyzchk went in, I was just looking at the clock and saying oh great we're going to go to OT.

It just doesn't make sense to me. Our defense was looking very bad at the end of the game, the last thing I wanted to do was have our defense win the game. 1:20 with 3 time outs is way too much time to give Big Ben and Antonio. I still have flashbacks of Brown burning Webb 5 years ago. I actually thought we would go to OT, and I'd rather try to convert a 1 yard run on 4 tries than see where our luck goes in OT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: