Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16 GDT: Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Week 16 GDT: Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers Reply with quote

Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers
I-85 Rivalry

1pm ET Saturday FOX

Last four meetings
-October 2nd 2016 L 48-33 (Julio 300 yard game)
-December 27th 2015 L 20-13 (1st and only regular season loss)
-December 13th 2015 W 38-0 (First falcons shutout since 2004)
-December 28th 2014 W 34-3 (Clinched NFC South)

Keys to the game
-Blanket Julio(Great end of year matchup for Bradberry)
-Constant pressure on Ryan(We currently lead the league in sacks)
-Get the running game started early

Prediction
There isn't anything left for us on the table to play for so why not hurt their playoff chances. I'd like for us to keep that great December record intact and show we aren't going to roll over with nothing to play towards. This game could be a nice measuring stick for our team moving forward into next season with such a young secondary. We need another big game from Cam at home.

34-28 the good guys

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks
Forever To Thee
faccda01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if we won one or both of the next two games, but I don't see us winning this one. It would be nice to have a little revenge on the Falcons for ruining our 16-0 last year.

We need to get some big hits on Ryan (which will be called for personal fouls probably). Also, protect Cam from big hits (which would end up in taunting penalties for us).

Injury free football all across the board is the number 1 priority.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the falcons...

I would like to beat them into submission... put out or second string and lose on a fluke series of plays.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam's mechanics need to be improved this offseason. That was one of the worst throws I've seen him make all year. For him to be in that "elite" qb conversations he needs to make heavy improvements to his passing game.

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks
Forever To Thee
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our offense currently...

Down with Shula.

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks
Forever To Thee
pf9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers make wrong kind of history today. They become first team to have a losing season a year after winning 15 games, only second team overall to miss playoffs a year after winning 15 (in 2008, Patriots infamously missed playoffs at 11-5 a year after having a perfect regular season, but they haven't been out of the playoffs since).

Hard to keep Rivera after this. #Fedora2017
Zithers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Cam's regression and the offense looking flat, you have to think that Shula and Dorsey don't feel particularly safe.

After seeing the potential of this offense last season and what it has become, I do not see any excuses. Especially with Benji back (had a good game today) and the OLine improving compared to the disaster it was earlier in the season (though it still needs improving).

Also, targeting Joe Webb TWO times in a row? Good lord... also notice how the offense started moving the ball once Cam was given some designed runs for the first time in who knows how long. Giving him 3-5 designed runs should be mandatory every Sunday.

Making this offense work isn't rocket science. Let Cam run. Pound the ball with Stew/Tolbert/Cam/whoever. Do play action. Have the big men do shorter routes and let Ginn do his go's. This is the same crap that happened last year but it vanished this season. Also, screens? Can we do screens? Just not the kind where we do the dumb play action, pump fake, turn around, throw a pick six kind? Wouldn't mind getting a H-Back or 2nd tight end either since Tolbert has lost the gas and Dickson sucks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Individuals I would not like to see representing the Panthers next season:
-Mike Shula
-Ken Dorsey
-Tre Boston
-Mike Oher
-Mike Remmers
-Ed Dickson
-Joe Webb

This team may be further away from a sb push than I thought. A couple overhauls this offseason is a must.

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks
Forever To Thee
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newton looked horrible today. Probably his worst performance of the season all things considered; nobody else on the offense (from what I saw, I was multi-tasking) performed nearly as bad.

This offense just needs an overhaul. Our scheme sucks. It's too inconsistent and far too dependent on everybody playing well. The quarterback has to have pin-point accuracy downfield, the offensive line has to hold their blocks for a long time, and the receivers have to be able to consistently get open downfield. And our offense isn't that talented as is, so relying on all 3 things happening consistently is foolish.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Individuals I would not like to see representing the Panthers next season:
-Mike Shula
-Ken Dorsey
-Tre Boston
-Mike Oher
-Mike Remmers
-Ed Dickson
-Joe Webb

This team may be further away from a sb push than I thought. A couple overhauls this offseason is a must.

Tre Boston def needs to lose his starting gig at the very least. Coleman should be back at FS and we gotta find someone to play SS.

Remmers is good enough to stick around as a backup. It isn't like he's expensive. Oher will stick around but we need to find a franchise OT.

Joe Webb is a good STer but he shouldn't be used on offense. And Ed Dickson is bad, yeah. Need a replacement there.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 17 vs Tampa: Sit Newton and play the rest of the starters for the first half. Look onto building for next season, can't afford an injury this late in the season with nothing to play towards.

Top 10 draft pick!

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks
Forever To Thee
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to think about is that since we won't be in the playoffs, that gives our coordinators chances to interview for HC jobs. Last year I could have seen Shula contending for a HC job, but not so much this year. Our best bet for him leaving may be him getting a job elsewhere rather than getting fired.

On the other hand, I 100% expect McDermott being a head coach somewhere unfortunately.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: