Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cam Should Retire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveDX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Cam Should Retire Reply with quote

#clickbait

More specifically, he should start considering it and do it if things don't change in the next couple of years.

My wife asked me why I was in such a bad mood last night. First, it was the no call. Then my thoughts went to all the other no calls recently. Then I thought, cynically, he'd be better off leaving football. Then, I realized that's actually a valid thought. THEN, I got really angry and depressed that the NFL and their officials caused me to wish for such a talented guy to retire.

tl;dr Sorry for the clickbait, but am I wrong?

Turns out it was a dude.
Lasus83

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

click bait indeed.

you had me geared up before reading...

All players should weigh their long-term health versus their desire to play football and the need for income.

Cam is one of the toughest guys I have ever seen and he is a tough competitor. He reminds me of that saying from Money Ball "I hate losing... I hate losing even more than I like winning".

That is why I have zero problem with Cam being in a "mood" when he is losing... I am too when I lose.

On a lot of hits... was it Bosa last week? The person hitting Cam is more likely to get hurt than Cam. Cam is massive and when he took that hit last night, he sprung back up and was pissed off... not hurt.

He needs protection... he needs the protection afforded with the position he plays. But if anyone should consider retirement, it is a guy like Oher. Even arguing that Luke should consider retirement is more appropriate than Cam.

There are plenty of often-hit QBs out there... Bortles/Carr come to mind at first... that are not half the badass Cam is.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do see your point. While I don't want it to happen, I would totally understand if Cam didn't want to risk his long term future, especially with baby #2 on the way.

Plus, it would be a real middle finger to Goodell and the NFL if one of the marquee players called it quits after the injustice of the NFL was shown once again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda, precisely. He'd do it passive aggressive as hell.

Lasus, that's true, but you can't flex your brain muscle to prep for impact or soldier through CTE. And unlike other QBs, there currently doesn't seem to be any disincentive to hitting Cam. If that continues, why not tee off on him?

Turns out it was a dude.
Lasus83

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveDX wrote:
faccda, precisely. He'd do it passive aggressive as hell.

Lasus, that's true, but you can't flex your brain muscle to prep for impact or soldier through CTE. And unlike other QBs, there currently doesn't seem to be any disincentive to hitting Cam. If that continues, why not tee off on him?

Dave, I see where you are going and I'm with you.

However, Cam does not take any more hit to the head than a LB/RB or any member of the OL. He takes more hits than someone at his position... but his brain is taking less overall damage than many positions.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
DaveDX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valid, and I'm with you on your Luke point from before. I was, after all, a massive Dan Morgan fan. But there are different expectations from QBs to be protected and they may go into their careers (these days) believing themselves to be at lower risk of certain types of injuries. Not saying which players are more sensitive to that, but these days they are fully within their rights to feel that way with the rule changes.

Turns out it was a dude.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: