Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pro Bowl... 0

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5005
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Pro Bowl... 0 Reply with quote

Admit it... despite the fact that this team is stuck in neutral the idea that it possesses the top offense in the entire league and one of the top graded defenders in all of football this year, having zero ZERO players make the pro bowl is kinda odd.
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 2476
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ones cares about the Saints, even when we had our good seasons we were rarely spoken about in the media. The pro Bowl is a joke anyway.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aout


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 835
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please explain to me why Aaron Rodgers is in the Pro Bowl and Drew Brees isn't ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mid Iowa


Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 520
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aout wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why Aaron Rodgers is in the Pro Bowl and Drew Brees isn't ?
The Pro Bowl has nothing to do with how good a player is, it's all about money and popular vote.

I'll probably go to the casino that day and play 5 hours of hold 'em rather than subject myself to the powder puff, should all be wearing all pink, let's be best friends even though we're on rival teams "football game".

It is a joke, has been a joke for a long time, and is another reason the NFL is losing footing, and they deserve every ounce of it.

Oh, and to your point, because Rogers is more vocally entertaining than Brees.
_________________
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 728
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
Aout wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why Aaron Rodgers is in the Pro Bowl and Drew Brees isn't ?
The Pro Bowl has nothing to do with how good a player is, it's all about money and popular vote.

I'll probably go to the casino that day and play 5 hours of hold 'em rather than subject myself to the powder puff, should all be wearing all pink, let's be best friends even though we're on rival teams "football game".

It is a joke, has been a joke for a long time, and is another reason the NFL is losing footing, and they deserve every ounce of it.

Oh, and to your point, because Rogers is more vocally entertaining than Brees.


Better commercial too, IMHO.
_________________


Mid Iowa wrote:
trade Browner to Canada for a tub of fine Maple syrup, and call it a night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5005
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one that chaps my you know what is Michael Bennett with his 3 sacks and 29 tackles in over Cameron Jordan...

Jordan has been graded as the best edge player behind only Kahil Mack all season but people say his low sack total keeps him out and yet Bennett gets in with 3 sacks???

I truly want the pro bowl to go away... is isn't what it once was and almost 50% of the players selected do not deserve the recognition that comes with it.
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NS922


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 11240
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise. Drew Brees is really taken for granted, people are just so used to him putting up these stats. Without enough wins behind them no one's concerned and honestly I can't blame them. No one on this team will get proper recognition if they keep missing the playoffs. Looking at some of our players individually, yes they deserve Pro Bowls, but what's more important is winning games and if they did enough of that they'd be in the Pro Bowl. Remember in the Super Bowl year it felt like half the team made the Pro Bowl, it's what happens when you're.....you know.....RELEVANT. Which this team is currently not and neither is the Pro Bowl itself so whatever.

My main complaint would be Drew never getting MVP. If this team was still one of the best you figure he'd have to get one eventually, even with the exact same stats. He was definitely robbed by Peyton and now this team is robbing him by being mediocre. What a shame, but at least he got Super Bowl MVP!
_________________
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 728
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, agree that the Pro Bowl should go away. But, it won't. Why? Because people pay to go see it...that simple. As long as there is money to be made, Goodell will not let it go.
_________________


Mid Iowa wrote:
trade Browner to Canada for a tub of fine Maple syrup, and call it a night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5005
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
I, too, agree that the Pro Bowl should go away. But, it won't. Why? Because people pay to go see it...that simple. As long as there is money to be made, Goodell will not let it go.


Remember when it meant something to be a pro bowl player???

Rewarding lesser players because they are on better teams appears to be the approach so they should make it that in the selection process... why not push the announcement back until playoff time and all teams that don't make the playoffs forfeit their ability to have any of their players selected for the pro bowl.

If you disagree with that then you have to disagree with Prescott making it over Bree's and Bennett making it over Jordan.
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mid Iowa


Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 520
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see it for what it really should be, talent oriented, NOT popular opinion.

Have the top 3 of every position, and then 1 popular vote. The top 3 play the first 3 quarters, then the popular kids get the 4 quarter.
_________________
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 2476
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, its better being the popular picks because they don't play hard anyway. Its basically a WWE match, so might as well include the most popular characters.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mid Iowa


Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 520
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do players have contract incentives to make the Pro Bowl anymore? I remember they used to get bonuses if they were selected, but not sure if that's a thing now.
_________________
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group