You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15: Saints @ Cardinals... GAMEDAY!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who Cares?! Who Cares?! Who Cares about a Saints Game Day?!

I'm with NSF. I just don't care about this team right now. I'll tune back in when there's a big shakeup.
SWATcha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Who Cares?! Who Cares?! Who Cares about a Saints Game Day?!

I'm with NSF. I just don't care about this team right now. I'll tune back in when there's a big shakeup.

Same......

I didn't even watch the game Sunday. Watched Pats/Broncos and Raiders/Chargers instead Embarassed

Oh look, Saints winning another meaningless game at the end of the year to hose themselves out of a top 10 pick. We've never seen that before..... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I played Overwatch instead. Laughing

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
SWATcha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:

Haha. I may have mixed in some (ok, a lot Laughing) of Smite instead.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 15: Saints @ Cardinals... GAMEDAY!!! Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
2018 5th rounder... haha I want to move on from Payton but I can gaurentee you it ain't happening for that price.

Okay. Y'all can keep the 4 years $36 million remaining on his deal. We'll go hire one of the other qualified people and give up nothing. But keep in mind that if you fire him in the future, you'll come away with no compensation at all and have to pay off his contract. Cool

Sounds like an owner issue... coaches salary and contracts have zero effects on the teams salary cap. I could care less about Benson's money. Also, losing him for a 5th rounder in 2018 isn't worth not keeping him around in 2017.

By the way... isn't the guy interviewing those other qualified people the same guy that hired Jeff Fisher??? Cool

Fisher was considered the best coach on the market at that point. He was a failure. But less of a failure than the two guys who came before him. He at least left the team in a better place than when he found it.

It is an owner issue. But the reports are that your owner doesn't want to pay Payton $9 million a year to go away.

If it isn't worth not keeping him around in 2017, that's fine. It just seemed to me that you guys weren't happy with him as a HC. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:

I need to get back on the stick myself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I need to get back on the stick myself.

I had it rough. Crying or Very sad Would've rather just have watched the game because I lost like 5 games in a row and lost over 100 SR. Sad

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 15: Saints @ Cardinals... GAMEDAY!!! Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
2018 5th rounder... haha I want to move on from Payton but I can gaurentee you it ain't happening for that price.

Okay. Y'all can keep the 4 years $36 million remaining on his deal. We'll go hire one of the other qualified people and give up nothing. But keep in mind that if you fire him in the future, you'll come away with no compensation at all and have to pay off his contract. Cool

Sounds like an owner issue... coaches salary and contracts have zero effects on the teams salary cap. I could care less about Benson's money. Also, losing him for a 5th rounder in 2018 isn't worth not keeping him around in 2017.

By the way... isn't the guy interviewing those other qualified people the same guy that hired Jeff Fisher??? Cool

Fisher was considered the best coach on the market at that point. He was a failure. But less of a failure than the two guys who came before him. He at least left the team in a better place than when he found it.

It is an owner issue. But the reports are that your owner doesn't want to pay Payton $9 million a year to go away.

If it isn't worth not keeping him around in 2017, that's fine. It just seemed to me that you guys weren't happy with him as a HC. Wink

Trust me... many of us aren't happy and the rumors surrounding him for the last few seasons are there for a reason. Still in the NFL you MUST capitalize on every asset you have via trade and despite his recent record, Payton is a proven winner and his specialty (offense) is still tops in the league. That's a mighty big asset Loomis has locked up and there is a market for his services outside of the Rams. All I was eluding to was 5th rounder a year away is simply bad business for the Saints.

WHODAT91FOREVER

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: