You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Perkins

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brutle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Perkins Reply with quote

Hello Giant fans just a quick thought,, why is Perkins not getting most of the reps at RB ? most explosive guy in the backfield my opinion, thought's on him being the guy next year ?
Go_Giants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Perkins Reply with quote

brutle wrote:
Hello Giant fans just a quick thought,, why is Perkins not getting most of the reps at RB ? most explosive guy in the backfield my opinion, thought's on him being the guy next year ?

He clearly will be the guy next year, this year he is just a rookie that has made some rookie mistakes and Jennings is a veteran that the coaching staff has trust in.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying for the past couple weeks Perkins should be the #1 RB. He's clearly the best back on this team already.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Perkins Reply with quote

Go_Giants wrote:
brutle wrote:

He clearly will be the guy next year, this year he is just a rookie that has made some rookie mistakes and Jennings is a veteran that the coaching staff has trust in.

I've thought about us drafting a RB since this class has some good talent, but I really like Perkins. I wouldn't mind Cook or Foreman but Perkins is solid. We still need a LT so maybe we will draft that guy from Wisconsin.
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way our draft is shaping up come june at least at this moment in time.. Key needs will be

1- OT or top OG
2- RB
3- WR - an outside target (hate to say it but I think Cruz will not be with us next season unless he takes a huge pay cut)
4- QB to groom for when Eli hangs em up
5- DE
6- OLB
7- K

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Perkins, but I would try to grab a guy in the draft next year to compliment him. Either a power guy or a speed guy, since Perkins is a textbook slasher who predicates his game on deceptive cuts. Jennings is definitely done. We can keep someone like Vereen or Rainey as a 3rd option, but I want another pair of young legs to join them.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBliz wrote:
I really like Perkins, but I would try to grab a guy in the draft next year to compliment him. Either a power guy or a speed guy, since Perkins is a textbook slasher who predicates his game on deceptive cuts. Jennings is definitely done. We can keep someone like Vereen or Rainey as a 3rd option, but I want another pair of young legs to join them.

I agree with most everything you said, but I do want to reinforce the point that we shouldn't write off Vereen just yet. He was starting to look like a really nice weapon before the triceps injury. He hasn't quite regained form yet, but I chalk it up to rust. I still agree that we should draft another viable option somewhere in rounds 2-5, but Perkins/Vereen can potentially be a very nice 1-2 punch. I love Jennings character and leadership, but he sadly just doesn't have much to offer as a RB at this point.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way Jennings is on this team next year because they save cap space by cutting him. If there is a RB in rounds 2-4 with good value, I'd consider it but I don't see it as a high priority. There is already not that many touches to go around when you have Perkins and Vereen getting reps. We still have a good pure runner in Darkwa buried on the depth chart and Rainey has experience if we need the depth.

Darkwa and Rainey are easily cutable if the right guy is there in the middle rounds but we have bigger holes to fill (OL, DL depth, CB, WR). Nobody is talking about CB as a need but it is going to be one very quickly. DRC is a potential cap casualty (though I hope they see his value and hold onto him), Leon Hall is on his last legs. Then all of a sudden you're looking at Jackrabbit, Apple, Trevin Wade and Coty Sensabaugh. You can say Wade and Sensabaugh have filled in admirably this year but do you want to rely on either of them as your full-time nickel? There is potential to have a serious lack of depth there.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: