You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14: Saints vs Buccaneers... Gameday!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooks complains after a blowout and says it's from just wanting to be great... gets his chance here in a must win division game on the road and drops a go ahead TD pass.

Well great players do great things when given the opportunity, Cooks is failing to do that. Wonder if he'll complain after this game???
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 2529
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we're just a bad team. Just fire everybody, burn it down and start over.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One step closer. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
One step closer. Cool


I can see Loomis's end of the year press conference now... acting as if making changes would be absurd, talking as if we should be grateful Payton is our coach and giving excuse after excuse as to why the season was a disappointment. He'll move quickly towards talking about how they will make sure this will not happen again in 2017 and how there all committed to this city and this team.

It will be a complete load of crap and Saints fans will have to eat it because we have a mentally incompetent owner who dosent know his butt hole from his elbow right now and this regime will continue to bleed this bad situation dry!
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some fast facts that all Saints fans need to come to grips with...

1. Payton's offense is fools gold... they beat up on bad teams and pad stats against good ones when the game is out of reach.

2. Brees is in fact getting older, he fades in the second half of seasons.

3. Special teams suck because this team has zero depth and that points directly towards the failures in the draft and free agency.

4. The Saints are the worst team in the NFC South.

5. It isn't likely to change anytime soon... not until Saints fans start hitting Benson where it hurts, his pockets!
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read a ridiculous stat...

The Saints are 1-4 his season when the defense holds the opposing offense to under 350 yards of total offense!!!
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 8791
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Some fast facts that all Saints fans need to come to grips with...

1. Payton's offense is fools gold... they beat up on bad teams and pad stats against good ones when the game is out of reach.

2. Brees is in fact getting older, he fades in the second half of seasons.

3. Special teams suck because this team has zero depth and that points directly towards the failures in the draft and free agency.

4. The Saints are the worst team in the NFC South.

5. It isn't likely to change anytime soon... not until Saints fans start hitting Benson where it hurts, his pockets!


I agree with the others but come on with #1. For years we've always been one of the best offenses against great defenses, including this year having good games against Seattle and Denver. We were bad against Chicago in 06 and Seattle in 13 and that's really it as far as being bad against a top 3 defense.

Anyhoot, Payton just can't keep his teams going all year long anymore. 3 years in a row we get to .500 and collapse. This year there felt like there was some real optimism and then the Denver ending just took the wind out of our sails. That's something you have to be able to bounce back from in the NFL, I doubt Payton can do it any longer.
_________________

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Some fast facts that all Saints fans need to come to grips with...

1. Payton's offense is fools gold... they beat up on bad teams and pad stats against good ones when the game is out of reach.

2. Brees is in fact getting older, he fades in the second half of seasons.

3. Special teams suck because this team has zero depth and that points directly towards the failures in the draft and free agency.

4. The Saints are the worst team in the NFC South.

5. It isn't likely to change anytime soon... not until Saints fans start hitting Benson where it hurts, his pockets!


I agree with the others but come on with #1. For years we've always been one of the best offenses against great defenses, including this year having good games against Seattle and Denver. We were bad against Chicago in 06 and Seattle in 13 and that's really it as far as being bad against a top 3 defense.

Anyhoot, Payton just can't keep his teams going all year long anymore. 3 years in a row we get to .500 and collapse. This year there felt like there was some real optimism and then the Denver ending just took the wind out of our sails. That's something you have to be able to bounce back from in the NFL, I doubt Payton can do it any longer.


I should have been more clear on what I was saying... 1-5 are based on the past 3 seasons alone. 14,15 & 16 which I feel Payton's offense was in fact fools gold. It started in 14 and has gotten more obvious over the last two years. It was mostly ignored due to the fact that the defense was so atrocious but it's been like this for a while now.
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Canadian Saint


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 3425
Location: Canada!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the last 3 seasons, at no point in the season have we held a record over 0.500. What a waste of a franchise QB.
_________________



NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 736
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Payton has not been the same coach since they won the Super Bowl. He digressed even more after his suspension. But hey! He lost weight Very Happy
_________________


Mid Iowa wrote:
trade Browner to Canada for a tub of fine Maple syrup, and call it a night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mid Iowa


Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 563
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Some fast facts that all Saints fans need to come to grips with...

5. It isn't likely to change anytime soon... not until Saints fans start hitting Benson where it hurts, his pockets!
You beat me to it. I was going to ask what the Saints revenue has been.

A few (revenue) things:
1) Brees puts butts in the seats. Every game is a sell out. In fact, our home games have had higher turnout in the 2nd half of the season than in the 1st half.

2) The NFL's revenue sharing policy makes it so your team can suck, you have crap for merchandise sales, but you still get a cut from everyone else's sales. (Socialism at it's finest, by the way)

So, the "pocket book" doesn't get hit too hard... not as hard as it should.

Mark my words, the minute Payton and/or Brees is gone, fanfare will decrease and Benson knows it, and that's when he'll start losing money (or just not making as much. the NFL is a no lose situation for an owner).
_________________
~courtesy of the weak minded
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 2529
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees needs to shut the [inappropriate/removed] up with his happy go lucky attitude. I don't want to see him happy, I want to see him pissed the [inappropriate/removed] off because he's playing like [inappropriate/removed], and his offense is playing like garbage and whining to the media.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 8791
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't we one of the most valuable franchises? Top 10 despite being one of the smallest markets. I'm sure they're doing just fine. Crying or Very sad
_________________

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mid Iowa


Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 563
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Brees needs to shut the [inappropriate/removed] up with his happy go lucky attitude. I don't want to see him happy, I want to see him pissed the [inappropriate/removed] off because he's playing like [inappropriate/removed], and his offense is playing like garbage and whining to the media.
^^^Agree 100%^^^
_________________
~courtesy of the weak minded
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group