Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Phillip Dorsett's Potential

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Phillip Dorsett's Potential Reply with quote

You all think this guy can become a guy that gets 700 yards next season?
He's starting to look like a bust, but I scouted him last year and thought it was a good pick for you all at the time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not really sure. I thought he wasn't the best choice at the time- the Colts passed up on some defensive players, notably Damarious Randall and Landon Collins, who could have helped the team, in favor of "getting help for Andrew Luck". Not sure if a smallish receiver was a first-round priority, but then I'm not the football mastermind that Ryan Grigson is.

Whether he will turn out to be a bust has yet to be determined, but he hasn't exactly been Odell Beckham in his first year-and-a-half. Dorsett, caught 18 passes and 1TD in his rookie year. So far in this, his second season, he's caught 20- again with 1 TD- and his yards-per-catch has gone up. Nothing to write home about, but not yet a certified bust. Factoring in where he was drafted; the Colts' positional needs, then and now; and his modest production, I think it would be fair to call him a disappointment.

I must however offer a caveat: I do not get to actually watch the Colts' games, as I have been advised is a far better way to judge talent than relying on mundane statistics. For an in-depth analysis of Phillip Dorsett I will defer to stallyns, the moderator, who has been absent from this forum recently but is a diligent student of the Indianapolis Colts and a canny observer of NFL football.
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like Dorsett's speed, I'll say that much.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can be a very good #3 WR, not sure if I'd build the team's receiving corps around him though.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 700 yards is attainable. My hope is the offensive game plan adds more screens, slants and curl routes instead of fly routes. OL can't hold up all the time
bzane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
I think 700 yards is attainable. My hope is the offensive game plan adds more screens, slants and curl routes instead of fly routes. OL can't hold up all the time

And, lone star, there you go!
bananabucket

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorsett seems to be a nice #3 due to the mismatches he creates. However as far as first round picks go, he seems to have been a poor selection. I haven't seen signs of him being a #1 or even a #2 to this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: