You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Think
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
porterfarrior55

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
Neumatic wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
Neumatic wrote:
Im confident Anthony Smith will become the verbal leader of our defence/team

I agree, but before he does that he needs to become less cocky.
I dont find him too cocky, i find Porter and Foote more cocky atleast so far. Although maybe we havent seen how cocky Smith is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0imu31yP2Fw
look at that stupid little dance he does after the hit. I hate those kinds of things. I cldnt find the video where he danced his way out of bounds after an interception and got yelled at by bill.

Changing teh subject a little...

As much as I used to say I hate when people get cocky liek this...I kno for a fact if I made a big hit like that I would get up talk smack pump up teh crowd...How cant you after a hit liek that?

Exactly, i don't see anything wrong with that. However the INT where he put that ball by his head and danced out of bounds was ridiculous.

^props to saintsfan^
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: so Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
Neumatic wrote:

joey porter wasnt cocky ?

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
ktfuehrer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
Neumatic wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
Neumatic wrote:

I dont find him too cocky, i find Porter and Foote more cocky atleast so far. Although maybe we havent seen how cocky Smith is...

look at that stupid little dance he does after the hit. I hate those kinds of things. I cldnt find the video where he danced his way out of bounds after an interception and got yelled at by bill.

As much as I used to say I hate when people get cocky liek this...I kno for a fact if I made a big hit like that I would get up talk smack pump up teh crowd...How cant you after a hit liek that?
Exactly. Making a play like that should be celebrated.

Leaders are Ben and Ward on offense, Farrior and Polamolu on defense. Troy has the respect of his teammates and him being on the field making plays is leadership enough, encourages the others to make plays too.
Blacky Gold

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:
Ben is the face of the franchise. He's slowly growing into a leadership role he didnt need to occupy until now b/c of guys like Porter and Bettis. Year 4 officially marks the first year of the beginning of his prime so its time he becomes more vocal and hold people accountable.

Bingo, Spush. Ben is the face of the franchise. The reconstructed face of the franchise, in fact.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktfuehrer wrote:
gatek99 wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
Neumatic wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
Neumatic wrote:

Leaders are Ben and Ward on offense, Farrior and Polamolu on defense. Troy has the respect of his teammates and him being on the field making plays is leadership enough, encourages the others to make plays too.

ya but come on that dance was STUPID. + Troy makes those kinda plays all the time and doesnt have to look like an idiot afterward, and i almost wanted to cut him when he did that stupid dance with his hand behind his hand running out of bounds on the interception. Did you see the way bill was yelling at him afterward?

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: cmon Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
ktfuehrer wrote:
gatek99 wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
Neumatic wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
Neumatic wrote:

ya but come on that dance was STUPID. + Troy makes those kinda plays all the time and doesnt have to look like an idiot afterward, and i almost wanted to cut him when he did that stupid dance with his hand behind his hand running out of bounds on the interception. Did you see the way bill was yelling at him afterward?

We were beating their brains out I for one was happy to see it deon sanders did it all the time i laughed wasnt it troy that threw the ball at the bengals in their playoff game everyone makes bonhead plays

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
ktfuehrer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
It's not the Icky Shuffle but that's the type of plays we want to see. IMO, it's nice to see a player roam the field and lay hits like that (Ronnie Lott or Steve Atwater style), deflect passes and get INTs. If he is able to do that consistently and Troy is doing his thing, scary for another offense to pass the ball (and you know they don't want to try and run against us).

Maybe the team needs to hire a choreographer to help and make the player's celebrations better Smile
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktfuehrer wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
It's not the Icky Shuffle but that's the type of plays we want to see. IMO, it's nice to see a player roam the field and lay hits like that (Ronnie Lott or Steve Atwater style), deflect passes and get INTs. If he is able to do that consistently and Troy is doing his thing, scary for another offense to pass the ball (and you know they don't want to try and run against us).

Maybe the team needs to hire a choreographer to help and make the player's celebrations better Smile

Laughing

Jdrocco01

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a player that we don't normally look at as being a leader is James Farrior. I think, with Porter gone, he will step up as the leader of this defense. A lot of people overlook Farrior, but I think he is a top ten linebacker in this league, if not top five. He's just a very underrated player.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talkin about a guy who can step up in the locker room, and get everyone pumped up to go rip apart the openet. Before it was always porter/cowher/bettis. there all gone so who does it now? i cld see tomlin doin that, or ben.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: