Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospect-Pro Comparisons 2016-17
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 5938
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Prospect-Pro Comparisons 2016-17 Reply with quote

Pro comparisons are often one of the more contentious aspects of the pre-draft process and while it's still 2016 I figured we start early. A few guys I've watched this year who remind me of guys in the league:

QB:
Deshaun Watson - Marcus Mariota with less top end speed
Pat Mahomes - Donovan McNabb with the right coaching
Brad Kaaya - Chad Pennington

RB:
D'Onta Foreman - Eddie Lacy

WR:
Corey Davis - Terrell Owens
Mike William - Michael Floyd

CB:
Desmond King - Joe Haden
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 20127
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watson is not as smart or physically talented as Mariota.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lycaons


Joined: 25 Jan 2016
Posts: 86
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deshaun reminds me more of Tyrod.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 5938
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
Watson is not as smart or physically talented as Mariota.

Don't know about smarts, Watson proved to be a quick study as a freshman. They're within earshot of one another when it comes to athleticism. What brings them close to me is they have a very similar release, accuracy, and arm strength.

Lycaons wrote:
Deshaun reminds me more of Tyrod.

I don't view Watson as a "run first" quarterback in the NFL like Tyrod.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingBishop


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 7879
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Watson is not as smart or physically talented as Mariota.

Don't know about smarts, Watson proved to be a quick study as a freshman. They're within earshot of one another when it comes to athleticism. What brings them close to me is they have a very similar release, accuracy, and arm strength.

Lycaons wrote:
Deshaun reminds me more of Tyrod.

I don't view Watson as a "run first" quarterback in the NFL like Tyrod.


He's an Oregon Homer. He wouldn't accept any comparison to those quackers.
_________________
Top 10 Players in the 2017 Draft: (Not in Order)

Jourdan Lewis, Jonathan Allen, Myles Garrett
Corey Davis, David Njoku, OJ Howard, Dalvin Cook
Steven Taylor, Rueben Foster, Derek Barnett

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingBishop


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 7879
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the TO comparison for Davis. I can see it when watching him.
_________________
Top 10 Players in the 2017 Draft: (Not in Order)

Jourdan Lewis, Jonathan Allen, Myles Garrett
Corey Davis, David Njoku, OJ Howard, Dalvin Cook
Steven Taylor, Rueben Foster, Derek Barnett

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 20127
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Watson is not as smart or physically talented as Mariota.

Don't know about smarts, Watson proved to be a quick study as a freshman. They're within earshot of one another when it comes to athleticism. What brings them close to me is they have a very similar release, accuracy, and arm strength.

Lycaons wrote:
Deshaun reminds me more of Tyrod.

I don't view Watson as a "run first" quarterback in the NFL like Tyrod.


He's an Oregon Homer. He wouldn't accept any comparison to those quackers.
lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LitesOut13


Joined: 26 Nov 2013
Posts: 3325
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Prospect-Pro Comparisons 2016-17 Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Pro comparisons are often one of the more contentious aspects of the pre-draft process and while it's still 2016 I figured we start early. A few guys I've watched this year who remind me of guys in the league:

QB:
Deshaun Watson - Marcus Mariota with less top end speed
Pat Mahomes - Donovan McNabb with the right coaching
Brad Kaaya - Chad Pennington

RB:
D'Onta Foreman - Eddie Lacy

WR:
Corey Davis - Terrell Owens
Mike William - Michael Floyd

CB:
Desmond King - Joe Haden


Watson cant mentally process plays like Mariota can. His accuracy is nowhere near his either. Mariota is a MUCH better prospect.

and Mahomes could be Mcnabb, but he could also end up being a more erratic version of Tajh Boyd
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @ _codygarrett
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BleedTheClock


Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 4738
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch Trubisky--Derek Carr
Deshaun Watson--David Garrard
Deshone Kizer--Colin Kaepernick
Pat Mahomes--Jay Cutler
Brad Kaaya--Oblivious Matt Ryan


Leonard Fournette--Faster Ricky Williams
Christian McCaffrey--Reggie Bush
Dalvin Cook--Ahman Green
D'Onta Foreman--Jonathan Stewart (stolen from sum1)
Nick Chubb--Chris Anderson
Elijah Hood--Corey Dillon
Kareem Hunt--Cedric Benson


Corey Davis--Josh Gordon
Mike Williams--Brandon Marshall
Isaiah Ford--Torrey Smith
Juju Smith-Schuster--Michael Floyd
Curtis Samuel--Percy Harvin


Jake Butt--Todd Heap
OJ Howard--LaDarius Green
Jeremy Sprinkle--Kyle Rudolph
David Njoku--Jared Cook


Cam Robinson--Jason Peters


Myles Garrett--DeMarcus Ware
Derek Barnett--Olivier Vernon
Carl Lawson--Jerry Hughes
Caleb Brantley--Poor Man's Aaron Donald
Malik McDowell--Muhammad Wilkerson


Reuben Foster--Derrick Johnson
Jarrad Davis--Al Wilson
Kendall Beckwith--Rich Man's D'Qwell Jackson


Jabrill Peppers--Adam Archuletta
Jamal Adams--Reshard Jones
Malik Hooker--Poor Man's Ed Reed
_________________
GFalcon wrote:
Yes, you guys will still win series but jokes on you because lebron going to fail again in the finals for CLE against GS or SA. Cool Sometimes i feel bad for cleveland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BleedTheClock


Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 4738
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foreman is way faster than Lacy. And he doesn't really carry around bad fat. He looks pretty swole for a 240+ guy. Lacy just looks like a big guy.
_________________
GFalcon wrote:
Yes, you guys will still win series but jokes on you because lebron going to fail again in the finals for CLE against GS or SA. Cool Sometimes i feel bad for cleveland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 4969
Location: NC
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned last night how Corey Davis reminds me of TO. His acceleration when he cuts up field after the catch is reminiscent to Owens(especially for someone their size) and like TO, I think he's going to be a beast with his YAC.

Also, how about Steve McNair for Watson?
_________________


#MTGA
Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 9352
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
I mentioned last night how Corey Davis reminds me of TO. His acceleration when he cuts up field after the catch is reminiscent to Owens(especially for someone their size) and like TO, I think he's going to be a beast with his YAC.

Also, how about Steve McNair for Watson?


Corey Davis IMO has more Keenan Allen than he does TO. He's not nearly the freak that TO was, who partially made a living because he was 6'3" 230 and ran a sub 4.4 basically into his 30's. Davis doesn't have that kind of athleticism, but he does have that same kind of speed in and out of breaks and quickness.
_________________


MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 10597
Location: WI
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlon Humphrey - Chris McAlister
_________________
Follow me on Twitter - @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 13520
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
I mentioned last night how Corey Davis reminds me of TO. His acceleration when he cuts up field after the catch is reminiscent to Owens(especially for someone their size) and like TO, I think he's going to be a beast with his YAC.

Also, how about Steve McNair for Watson?


Corey Davis IMO has more Keenan Allen than he does TO. He's not nearly the freak that TO was, who partially made a living because he was 6'3" 230 and ran a sub 4.4 basically into his 30's. Davis doesn't have that kind of athleticism, but he does have that same kind of speed in and out of breaks and quickness.

Owens ran a sub 4.4 into his 30's? Not sure where you heard that, but it is BS.

According to a NY Times article Owens ran a 4.64 forty yard dash at the combine.

Quote:
Owens, like Calico, played at a small college (Tennessee-Chattanooga), and both played basketball. Both produced similar numbers in college (Owens had 19 touchdown catches; Calico had 17), and the knock on both players coming out of college was that they dropped too many passes.

Calico put up better numbers at the combine. Calico ran a 4.34-second 40-yard dash, while Owens ran a 4.64 in 1996. Calico's vertical leap is 38 inches; Owens's was 33. Calico is also almost an inch taller than Owens.


If you don't believe me still, then just take it from Terrell Owens. In his autobiography Catch This!: Going Deep with the NFL's Sharpest Weapon he talked about when he ran his fastest 40 time.

Quote:
"Let's go," Dorsey said to the others, putting away his stopwatch. "I've seen enough." I ran a 4.47, the fastest I've ever run.


He claims later in the book that he got down to a 4.45 after he was introduced to a track coach who helped him on getting a quicker start.

That also wasn't at 230 lbs. He was around 215 lbs (same weight Corey Davis was reported at this off-season) then as he says he was within 10 lbs of his eventual playing weight of 225.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 21216
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Mitch Trubisky--Derek Carr
Deshaun Watson--David Garrard
Deshone Kizer--Colin Kaepernick
Pat Mahomes--Jay Cutler
Brad Kaaya--Oblivious Matt Ryan


Leonard Fournette--Faster Ricky Williams
Christian McCaffrey--Reggie Bush
Dalvin Cook--Ahman Green
D'Onta Foreman--Jonathan Stewart (stolen from sum1)
Nick Chubb--Chris Anderson
Elijah Hood--Corey Dillon
Kareem Hunt--Cedric Benson


Corey Davis--Josh Gordon
Mike Williams--Brandon Marshall
Isaiah Ford--Torrey Smith
Juju Smith-Schuster--Michael Floyd
Curtis Samuel--Percy Harvin


Jake Butt--Todd Heap
OJ Howard--LaDarius Green
Jeremy Sprinkle--Kyle Rudolph
David Njoku--Jared Cook


Cam Robinson--Jason Peters


Myles Garrett--DeMarcus Ware
Derek Barnett--Olivier Vernon
Carl Lawson--Jerry Hughes
Caleb Brantley--Poor Man's Aaron Donald
Malik McDowell--Muhammad Wilkerson


Reuben Foster--Derrick Johnson
Jarrad Davis--Al Wilson
Kendall Beckwith--Rich Man's D'Qwell Jackson


Jabrill Peppers--Adam Archuletta
Jamal Adams--Reshard Jones
Malik Hooker--Poor Man's Ed Reed


I have a very hard time believing Fournette is a faster Ricky Williams.

And I have a hard time believing he was everybit as nimble or as powerful as Ricky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUdJzT7N2CM
_________________
GeneralDissaray wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
I don't agree with the pick.Bad teams pick rb's with a top 5 pick.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group