You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 Saints vs Panthers on TNF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually not a bad idea considering the success the Rams have had against our o line. Brees will get lit up unfortunately, and no need to risk getting him hurt to win a meaningless game in a meaningless season.

That being said, if you guys really want to see what a true crap offense looks like, let the Saints run on every down.

I like that our defense hasn't folded to bad offense like they used to, but that's what we've played recently, bad offense. Really bad offense, and really good defense. It's amazing how NO and ATL have the top offenses in the league despite playing both west divisions. And both have played well against those great defenses. Even Carolina played good defense last night, despite being [inappropriate/removed] wipes for most of the season.

Our strength of schedule is near the top, it's a shame because we maybe could have been an 11-5 team with the Cowboys schedule, but at least we don't get our hearts broken in playoffs because of it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
I'm all on board for big changes too. Have been for a long time.

Not gonna happen though. We have too much potential now, and that'll buy time for everyone who doesn't deserve a job. I don't see any major changes coming soon, maybe my tune will change around this time next year.

I'm guessing Loomis, Payton, Allen and Brees stay... I think McMahon gets canned in the offseason but is allowed to walk away as a parting of the ways and not a firing.

Saints will land a top 15 pick and use it on another defender and Loomis signs a slew of value mid range free agents i.e. Robertson and Stupar but stays away from big money guys.

Saints draft a TE fairly early.

Saints take the idea away from this season that there close by pointing to margin of victory in all their losses.

They remain fairly healthy in 2017 and after another season under Allens scheme the defense improves dramatically and the Saints go 11-5 and Brees wins the MVP.

WHODAT91FOREVER
NS922

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

Not gonna happen though. We have too much potential now, and that'll buy time for everyone who doesn't deserve a job. I don't see any major changes coming soon, maybe my tune will change around this time next year.

I'm guessing Loomis, Payton, Allen and Brees stay... I think McMahon gets canned in the offseason but is allowed to walk away as a parting of the ways and not a firing.

Saints will land a top 15 pick and use it on another defender and Loomis signs a slew of value mid range free agents i.e. Robertson and Stupar but stays away from big money guys.

Saints take the idea away from this season that there close by pointing to margin of victory in all their losses.

They remain fairly healthy in 2017 and after another season under Allens scheme the defense improves dramatically and the Saints go 11-5 and Brees wins the MVP.

Is this a joke or are you actually really being optimistic? I won't say that won't happen for sure, but the last 2 &1/2 years have taught me not to get my hopes up. I don't care how close our losses are, they're still losses. If we had more solid victories then I'd let these losses slide.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

No o-line? I wouldn't mind seeing us use a high pick on an o line if one is available. Brees makes our o line look better than it actually is, and the older he gets, the slower he gets. When injuries hit us, we aren't good at all there. Strief's days are numbered also. Can't argue with improving the defense, it's our greatest need, but between Brees and this young WR group, we have a chance to be true world beaters on offense next year, and it could very well be Brees' final productive year.

We've always managed to score, but good defense this year have exposed some weaknesses we have on offense. Maybe Fleener can improve his chemistry with Brees and be a semi-force next year. Maybe we can find a good dual threat back to complement it.

Our special teams has to be overhauled. Can you imagine a disciplined team like the Pats having a group like that?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

Is this a joke or are you actually really being optimistic? I won't say that won't happen for sure, but the last 2 &1/2 years have taught me not to get my hopes up. I don't care how close our losses are, they're still losses. If we had more solid victories then I'd let these losses slide.

Just mostly being optimistic... it's possible and this team shows signs of being good in the future but there are holes and depth issues. However I see a lot of promising players. Yes the record remains consistent in the win loss Column but the arrow is pointing up as opposed to down the last few seasons.

I honestly believe health is a major issue... I still am a believer in Kikaha and Anthony and I believe both could return in 17 and be very good contributors to this scheme in situational roles. This team needs to add a dynamic starting edge defender opposite Jordan either through FA or the draft. They must decide if Peat is a guard or tackle and address the offensive line. This defensive secondary also needs quality depth and more players with ball skills.

With some money to spend and 6 draft picks I think the Saints can take the next step in 17... the difference between 8-8 and 11-5 sometimes boils down to experience, good health and a lil luck.

This Saints team had none of those this year.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that has irked me, and it might be me looking through biased eyes, but this team seems less and less prepared every year.

I remember around 2009 this team would have top notch execution. Very little mistakes and overall negative plays. However in recent seasons it seems this team is just sloppy. From fumbles, to mental errors and everything in between. The problem is, it's costing us games now. I also think it's been getting worse.

While I agree overall you need a degree of luck in a season, I don't believe our pitfalls are due to luck. Just sloppiness and not being prepared. Hopefully we can figure that part out but I think it stems from coaching.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
One thing that has irked me, and it might be me looking through biased eyes, but this team seems less and less prepared every year.

I remember around 2009 this team would have top notch execution. Very little mistakes and overall negative plays. However in recent seasons it seems this team is just sloppy. From fumbles, to mental errors and everything in between. The problem is, it's costing us games now. I also think it's been getting worse.

While I agree overall you need a degree of luck in a season, I don't believe our pitfalls are due to luck. Just sloppiness and not being prepared. Hopefully we can figure that part out but I think it stems from coaching.
Absolutely agree. Our preparation has terrible. We go into a game and look totally overwhelmed at times, we never used to see that.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:

Absolutely agree. Our preparation has terrible. We go into a game and look totally overwhelmed at times, we never used to see that.
So do you think it's due to the radical youth movement, or what?
We used to be an older team and we'd pull some vets in here and there, all of which seemed to be leaders. Now our vets are few, and the young guys seem to be missing that "winning" veteran leadership.

We have what, 2 guys left from our SuperBowl run? Brees & Strief?
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:

So do you think it's due to the radical youth movement, or what?
We used to be an older team and we'd pull some vets in here and there, all of which seemed to be leaders. Now our vets are few, and the young guys seem to be missing that "winning" veteran leadership.

We have what, 2 guys left from our SuperBowl run? Brees & Strief?

Could and is likely a combination of things...

Younger team
Lesser talent
Older veterans
Zero accountability within coaching staff
Honeymooning in West Virginia
New defensive scheme every few years
Failed draft picks
Failed free agent signings
Mismanagement of salary cap

Look, this list can go on and on but you get the idea... typically when you see what we see from a team like the Saints on how they go from where they were in 2009 to where they are now, it's never just one thing to blame as it is always a multitude of things.

WHODAT91FOREVER
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
As others have stated, Fleener is crap. Just another name to add to the over paid FA signings that never panned out.....

Lutz also needs to go. Kid has a fantastic leg, but his problem is trajectory. His kicks are just too low. He's had I think at least 7 kicks that were blocked or tipped. It's just how he kicks....

Payton still needs to go. This team is stale, and undisciplined. It's just more of the same we've all come to expect and we've all grown tired of.

I think the Saints D actually played pretty good, and I think they've actually been playing decent for awhile now. They're not setting the world on fire or anything, but they're playing tough. They need LBs in a major way though. I really like the Jordan/Rankins/Fairly combo too. Another DE opposite of Jordan would be fantastic.

Offense needs a true dual threat back. It's painful watching the play calls. My football Xs and Os knowledge isn't the greatest, but if I can sit on my couch and call out the plays with 90% accuracy.....yah, something ain right, just sayin.

At least back when GW was DC our defense at least "appeared" disciplined. Need to bench Vacarro for his antics.

Mid Iowa wrote:
trade Browner to Canada for a tub of fine Maple syrup, and call it a night.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:

At least back when GW was DC our defense at least "appeared" disciplined. Need to bench Vacarro for his antics.
Isn't Vacarro facing a suspension? That was the rumor last week and I haven't heard anything since.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really miss GW, he lost us several important games with pretty bad playcalling. Even though we committed 5 turnovers in the 49ers game, we still scored 32 points against the number 2 defense in the league, and had a chance to win except GW and his very predictable and very avoidable blitzing.

The 2010 defense benefitted greatly from playing 16 of the worst QBs any team has played. And of course, forever embarrassed our franchise against Marshawn Lynch in the playoffs.

That 09 defense was special though, too bad Darren Sharper had to be involved. Thats all we need to contend, a competent special teams, and a defense that while gives up tons of yards, can get the ball back for Drew.

I actually wonder if Payton gets too conservative when our defense plays well. We didn't have the greatest offense in 2013, but he got way too conservative some games and it might have cost us the division and a playoff home game.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: