You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11: SEA v PHI Pregame

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Week 11: SEA v PHI Pregame Reply with quote

I'm not gonna waste a bunch of time with this. Just wanted a place to talk about the game.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need THEFOOTBALLXPRT to drop by again sometime.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my thoughts going into it:

- The Eagles OLine has been shaky at best this season since losing Lane Johnson. I'm hoping Richard dials up a few more blitzes than he normally does considering it's a rookie QB.

- Along those same lines, the Eagles perimeter WRs are terrible. Sherm/Shead shouldn't have any issues with anyone who comes there way. This is another reason I expect more blitzing.

- This will be a great test for our OLine. They looked good against New England, but the Pats don't have nearly the same firepower that Philly does on the front four. The strength is on the interior with Fletcher Cox as a penetrator and Bennie Logan as the run-stuffer. Luckily the strength of our OLine is on the interior, but Fant/Gilliam will be tested nonetheless by Brandon Graham and Vinny Curry. Graham in particular has been playing very well this year and Curry is a good player as well. I expect Russ to get more heat in this game than he did last.

- New England is great at stopping the oppositions best weapon, which is why we saw relatively little of Jimmy Graham last week. Philly can't take away the #1 option like NE, but what they can do is shutdown opposing TEs with fast coverage LBs/DBs like Jordan Hicks and Malcolm Jenkins. I expect Jimmy to have another relatively quiet game.

- This should be another heavy Prosise day. I expect to see Collins, Pope, and Rawls sprinkled in.

I have a tough time seeing us lose this game at home with the way the offense is humming and Carson Wentz hitting somewhat of a rookie wall as of late.

27-10 Hawks
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their DL is scary good. Reminiscent of the Dolphins or Rams

That is by far my biggest concern

#1 ET Supporter
imani

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Their DL is scary good. Reminiscent of the Dolphins or Rams

That is by far my biggest concern

Their front 7 is amazing and it's what scares me. I feel like our online will struggle greatly this Sunday. Hopefully we can overcome it.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, according to Football Outsider's DVOA rankings, we are going to be watching the two best teams in football on Sunday.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2016/week-10-dvoa-ratings

Eagles ranked #1 in defense and #1 in special teams.
Cicero

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright boys, I'm from Portland and lived in Seattle for a few years from 2011 to 2014. Right in the heart of the Hawk Nest. Need a favor and a thorough dismantling of PHI and in particular Carson Wentz this week. I should want to see you lose, 1st seed race and all, but I don't.

Also, wassup SoS.. Laughing

Malik wrote:
Dak is very good at recognizing blitzs, makes audibles at the line, consistently stands tall in the pocket, immediately took command of the team as a leader.
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
Alright boys, I'm from Portland and lived in Seattle for a few years from 2011 to 2014. Right in the heart of the Hawk Nest. Need a favor and a thorough dismantling of PHI and in particular Carson Wentz this week. I should want to see you lose, 1st seed race and all, but I don't.

Also, wassup SoS.. Laughing

What is up my dude.

Consider this one an L for Philly.

Cicero

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna see alot of this Sunday!

Malik wrote:
Dak is very good at recognizing blitzs, makes audibles at the line, consistently stands tall in the pocket, immediately took command of the team as a leader.
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice win. So glad to have Kam back & Wags continues to get it done. It is about frickin' time that we've started to come with safety blitzes and continue to bring Wags.

Clamored for this forever. Kam tripped in the sand & got a roughing call vs NE but is showing that blitzing is the way to run a D that has a nice back 7. Fortunately, Kris has seen the success & we'll continue to sprinkle it into our packages.

I don't know why we haven't been doing this for the past 28 games. Even a lawn jockey could draw these D schemes in the dirt. So very very simple.

To think we still have Bennett returning soon is sweet. To be 3 games up on Zona with 6 left is also sweet.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: