You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11: Chicago Bears @ New York Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
This offense has no killer instinct. It's a6 point lead not 20, put the game away

It's the coach not the players. The coach isn't good. I swear we we have a sweep run play in our arsenal

Agreed that's what I meant
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't watch the game today. I saw Collins made another gamechanging play and our passrush showed up for a second straight week in the highlights. What else happened?

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I couldn't watch the game today. I saw Collins made another gamechanging play and our passrush showed up for a second straight week in the highlights. What else happened?

Tale of two halves. First half defense was getting gashed, offense went nowhere (aside from the opening drive). Second half defense woke up and stiffled their offense, and our ofense played well in the third then got stagnant in the 4th. BMc went to a total prevent offense with 4 mins left and luckily the defense was stout.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The conservative formula has been consistent these past few weeks against subpar offenses and it is winning us football games. When they call a pass play, Eli almost throws a pick six that would've given the bears the lead.

It'll be interesting to see whether the formula changes against better offenses but one thing is certain: we will not feel comfortable in any games. They will all come down to a few plays one way or the other.

Don't look now but we're ranked #2 in the league in penalties per game and #11 in the league in penalty yards per game. However, we're #1 in the league in that category over the last three games. We are playing sound football and managing our talent limitations right now. If we continue to play with the obvious level of confidence the team has right now, we can do some damage.

Rookies: Eli Apple with another very solid game. Gave up 1 big play but his style is going to cause that to happen every now and then. Shepard is really coming into his own at the right time. He and Eli have to work on the communication a bit more though. Seems like a lot more near-INTs when Shep is targeted. Perkins cut was dirty. Didn't get much work yesterday but he looks very promising. Andrew Adams has another game where you don't even hear his name called. That's all we need from him. Let's hope Roger Lewis is okay. He's not ready to be relied upon but this experience is important moving into next season. Need to find out if he's going to be a player for us.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: