Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs @ Carolina Panthers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the worst season in recent memory all things considered.

JF16 Forever
Lasus83

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a different room this place becomes after a win or a loss.

We are taking it on the chin this season... we did so in the 7-8-1 season too. We made a playoff appearance then. It could still happen.

This team can win games against the best and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory the next week.

Ya'll didn't want another .9375 W/L this season, did ya?

Looking forward, we will either be in the playoffs (assuming another NFC south collapse - cmon falcons!) with a chance... or, we will be picking in the top 12.

If we make it to the playoffs, we will be one of the most feared teams to face. If not, we can look at the possibility of an offseason where DG might actually put money into the Edge on offense and defense, capped by a high 1st round draft pick like... say... fournette.

All I'm saying is, there is a lot to look forward to still. This is not the end of the road.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
iknowcool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just lost a game at home where we had a 17 point lead. We still have back to back road games against the Raiders and Seahawks. Of course people are pessimistic.

4 games were lost because of a field goal and 3 of our 6 losses, we held a double digit lead. Same story, different year. This team has a serious problem closing games.

I will say, the possibility of being in position to draft Myles Garrett excites the hell out of me. Garrett and Kuechly on this defense for years to come would be a beautiful thing to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
We just lost a game at home where we had a 17 point lead. We still have back to back road games against the Raiders and Seahawks. Of course people are pessimistic.

4 games were lost because of a field goal and 3 of our 6 losses, we held a double digit lead. Same story, different year. This team has a serious problem closing games.

I will say, the possibility of being in position to draft Myles Garrett excites the hell out of me. Garrett and Kuechly on this defense for years to come would be a beautiful thing to watch.

Wont he go no.1?

I think 3 of the 4 losses by a FG we should have won. Denver, Tampa, and KC. Saints deserved to beat us. We had no pass rush that game.

The pathetic thing about the NFC is that we could still make the playoffs. But Seattle and Oakland (Are they that good?) will be so tough.

We will probably end up picking 19 and be 7-9/8-8
Lasus83

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:

True Panthers fans, of which you are one, have been through worse than a 3-6 start with close losses that were all winnable.

There were many many many seasons that i would have gladly traded for this teams underperforming talent level and cap situation.

We will be fine. We have some cleaning up to do. The one thing we do not need to do is set the effing house on fire.

Also, i doubt we draft high enough for garrett.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
iknowcool

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean yea, it could be a lot worse. I'm not sure how that absolves them from criticism. We are going to once again fail at stringing together back to back winning seasons. Barring what looks to be an unlikely turnaround, this will be the 4th time in 6 years that we record 7 or less wins. Given the talent we have, that's terrible.

Nobody is saying anything that isn't warranted. We have sucked in the second half for 6 years now. 2013 after the Bills game is the only season I can think of where this team didn't fold in the second half frequently. Even last year, we saw many double digit leads fade away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playoffs or not I pray DG realizes you cannot put back to back dominate seasons by signing players off of the curb. Come this offseason we have one of the largest cap spaces in the NFL.

DG needs to widen his wallet and spend some money on players that will make a difference on this team.

A couple moves with OT, DE, CB/S, and we're back in the SB after one offseason.

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks 2017 Final Four
Forever To Thee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: