Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9 GDT: Carolina Panthers @ LA Rams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Week 9 GDT: Carolina Panthers @ LA Rams Reply with quote

Carolina Panthers @ Los Angeles Rams

4:05pm ET

Keys to the game
1) Pass rush to get going from the start
2) Contain Gurley
3) Get Benji involved

34-17 the good guys

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks 2017 Final Four
Forever To Thee
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a coincidence that ever since the pass rush has come alive, the pass defense has gotten 10x better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Not a coincidence that ever since the pass rush has come alive, the pass defense has gotten 10x better.

I didn't really see it before, but it wasn't amazing today. Keenum is pretty terrible. Y'all earned the win. But you didn't injure Keenum. That'll lead to bad juju, my friend. Wink

Good luck moving forward.

P.S. where is the activity in this forum?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense looked good. Unreal Keenum is still playing.
Mike Remmers need to be benched when Oher gets back.
Let's keep this momentum.

JF16 Forever
yesweCAM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An ugly win but ill take it. The Defense looks night and day with a little pass rush. Addison played great. Was a constant force in the pass rush. Lack of rushing attack concerns me. Remmers is awful. plain and simple.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yayyy a win. I dunno why but I am extremely apathetic to the team this year. maybe it's the ugly losses or the ugly wins but there is nothing inspiring me right now. d looked better albeit vs a horrible o. our o looked stagnant and did nothing outside of one early drive.
yeh we won but still doesn't fill me with much confidence. if we do it vs. a legit team in the next few weeks maybe that'll change but I just don't see this team making much noise yet.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Lasus83

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, win... 3-5.

could go 11-5 or 3-13 from here.

We're getting into the meat of the season. Nov/Dec is where things are decided and the good teams emerge. We will see if we are one of the good teams.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Zithers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully we are pretty great in December under Rivera.

Anyway this was probably the most boring game we've played since mid 2014.

Would have liked to see the defense play better at the end instead of letting Keenum and co blow down the field.

Also Cam was hit in the helmet twice and got no flags. Would be interested in Oher and Daryl at tackle when Oher is healthy. Good to see our pass rush come alive. Bummer we couldn't run against that front seven which is admittedly among the best in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:

Would have liked to see the defense play better at the end instead of letting Keenum and co blow down the field.

Also Cam was hit in the helmet twice and got no flags. Would be interested in Oher and Daryl at tackle when Oher is healthy. Good to see our pass rush come alive. Bummer we couldn't run against that front seven which is admittedly among the best in the NFL.

Barron didn't hit him in the helmet. And the contact to the helmet from Donald's hit was more of a borderline play, but I'd call it incidental (i.e. not forcible).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

Barron didn't hit him in the helmet. And the contact to the helmet from Donald's hit was more of a borderline play, but I'd call it incidental (i.e. not forcible).

Yea. Even if Barron hit him in the helmet (some angles show he may have), it would have been a near impossible call. It was a fantastic hit.

I think the Donald play probably gets flagged if it happened against most other QBs, but it wouldn't be a good call. Just a great play from Donald. I'm so jealous you guys have him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, they both left their feet to try and hit his helmet. It is clear as day in replays. Barron even raked his arm across Cam's helmet. Not to mention Ogletree ramming his knee on Cam's chin.

Rams have always been dirty (anyone remember the game in 2013 with Harvey Dahl charging people, Chris Long getting ejected, etc?). That's what happens when you have Gregg Williams. Guy is a piece of garbage and teaches his players to be the same way. Cam was lucky to survive with Remmers and Gradkowski starting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
I mean, they both left their feet to try and hit his helmet. It is clear as day in replays. Barron even raked his arm across Cam's helmet. Not to mention Ogletree ramming his knee on Cam's chin.

Rams have always been dirty (anyone remember the game in 2013 with Harvey Dahl charging people, Chris Long getting ejected, etc?). That's what happens when you have Gregg Williams. Guy is a piece of garbage and teaches his players to be the same way. Cam was lucky to survive with Remmers and Gradkowski starting.

Geoff Schwartz and Frank Garcia (both former OL players for us) were on the radio yesterday talking about this very thing.

They said that if anyone thinks there are not dirty things going on between the whistles than they are delusional. This kind of stuff happens all the time and in various forms.

The difference, here, is that the spotlight is on Cam right now.

Cam is my QB, so take this opinion in context...

If they don't think anything dirty or outrage-worth is going on, neither do I.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

Yea. Even if Barron hit him in the helmet (some angles show he may have), it would have been a near impossible call. It was a fantastic hit.

I think the Donald play probably gets flagged if it happened against most other QBs, but it wouldn't be a good call. Just a great play from Donald. I'm so jealous you guys have him.

He might have gotten flagged if it was Brady or another golden boy pocket passer because refs give them protection they don't give lesser QBs or mobile QBs.(kind of like Richard Sherman)

I worry we're going to waste Donald's prime by continuing to stick with Fisher. Just makes me sad.

Zithers wrote:

Do you remember that 2013 game? Do you remember why Harvey Dahl charged "people?" Harvey Dahl charged Mike Mitchell for flexing over Bradford after he shoved him out of bounds resulting in a torn ACL.

And Chris Long got ejected for engaging in a fight your team was just as guilty of instigating.

Quote:

Barron led his shoulder and hit him in the body. There was no intent to try and hit him with his helmet. "Raked his arm across Cam's helmet?" That's a liberal interpretation. I'm not even sure that his arm/hand even touched Cam's helmet. If it did, it barely touched his helmet. The replays certainly don't give us a clear angle of any part of Barron's body touching Cam's helmet.

Donald didn't leave his feet with the intent to hit Cam's helmet. He hit Cam face-up chest to chest. He left his feet to dive for the sack because Cam was in the process of throwing the ball.

Are the Rams a dirty team? Yes. Are the Panthers a dirty team? Yes. Teams that win on the backs of their defense generally play with an edge. The Rams play through the whistle. The Panthers play through the whistle. It's what good defensive teams do. You're blind if you don't see the dirty crap Kuechly does. But Kuechly is an amazing player. I'd certainly be happy to have his play on my team. It's why I have no problems with our defensive players pushing the envelope. That's what good defensive players do. They look for any edge they can get over an offensive foe.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
yep, win... 3-5.

could go 11-5 or 3-13 from here.

We're getting into the meat of the season. Nov/Dec is where things are decided and the good teams emerge. We will see if we are one of the good teams.
I already said we're going 15-5, though. So ...

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: