Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official 2017 Early Entry Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: The Official 2017 Early Entry Thread Reply with quote

It's that time of year. Everyone who has declared will be noted below. Feel free to discuss speculation, rumors, etc.

NFL.com list.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000744597/article/tracking-underclassmen-intentions-for-2017-nfl-draft

Last edited by CalhounLambeau on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:24 pm; edited 71 times in total
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18000060/clemson-tigers-deshaun-watson-players-team-going-pro

Clemson QB Deshaun Watson, RB Wayne Gallman, WR Mike Williams and WR Artavis Scott are going pro according to Dabo Swinney.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No big surprises for Clemson. More could be coming.
zelbell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's seemed like a foregone conclusion for some time that Gareon Conley is going pro after this season

There's more speculation about guys like Raekwon McMillan and Malik Hooker and Marshon Lattimore but nothing as pretty much a foregone conclusion since the end of last season for Conley

2016 Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
JammerHammer21 wrote:
(It's impossible to deny how good OSU has been Laughing)

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
This is better then the circus
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jabrill is a lock to go, despite his past comments that he wasn't leaving without his degree (it just doesn't make sense to stay).

There's been positive buzz about Mason Cole as a prospect, and while I think he could be a very good center, he's not there yet. Doesn't seem likely to go anyways. Only other realistic candidate I could see would be Maurice Hurst Jr., but people don't think he'll leave.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
smokeybandit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers should just go pro now since his name is hot. He's been very pedestrian in Big Ten play this year
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokeybandit wrote:
Peppers should just go pro now since his name is hot. He's been very pedestrian in Big Ten play this year

Pedestrian because he's not putting up massive stats, maybe. Pedestrian in terms of actual play, no.

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouts adore Peppers. He's the kind of guy that gets them out of bed in the morning.
Chops013

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not holding my breath but I hope D'Onta Foreman and Orlando Briwn Jr declare.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:

Pedestrian because he's not putting up massive stats, maybe. Pedestrian in terms of actual play, no.

Yes.... Aside from great returns, pretty meh.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:

Yes.... Aside from great returns, pretty meh.

I disagree, but I don't think I'm going to convince you. I'm not saying he's the best thing ever. But Maryland was directly running away from him on plays. Not sure what he's supposed to do when they run to the opposite side and he's out on a WR, as an example. He was huge in the Michigan State game against a downhill power team.

#JDI
1King

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers impact in all facets of the game is notable even when he himself isn't making plays himself. Evident when people kick away from him, over-pursue him on offense leaving huge openings for others who actually get the ball, when offenses avoid attacking half the field, etc. Not to mention his counting stats suffer a bit playing with a bunch of other good/great players. There's a number of times where he may only get 0.5 tackle or 0.5 tfl because a teammate got there just before him or he misses out on a sack or tfl because a teammate got there just before him. It's not a coincidence or some fluke that every Michigan coach and every opposing coach has nothing but high praise about Peppers and his impact.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers hasn't had the advantage of playing the same position like most players do. He's everywhere. Offense. Defense. Special teams. Imagine once you settle him and focus him at one spot? He hasn't even finished a second season on the field. He'll eventually be an elite performer.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I'm not buying it. What has Peppers done that is dominant outside of special teams? Suh was absolutely dominant, Woodson was dominant, Orlando Pace was dominant,Lavarr Arrington was dominant, Dwight Freeney was dominant, hell, Honey badger was a turnover machine from his actual defensive position. You can take Peppers off that defense and they won't miss a beat, they are that good and you know it.

Tell me outside of special teams, what he does that's dominant? Is he really getting considered for versatility? seriously? or given kudos for being in position? That's not Heisman worthy guys...

I'm sorry guys, I try to be unbiased despite my fandom but I just don't buy it, bury me if you want.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Guys, I'm not buying it. What has Peppers done that is dominant outside of special teams? Suh was absolutely dominant, Woodson was dominant, Orlando Pace was dominant,Lavarr Arrington was dominant, Dwight Freeney was dominant, hell, Honey badger was a turnover machine from his actual defensive position. You can take Peppers off that defense and they won't miss a beat, they are that good and you know it.

Tell me outside of special teams, what he does that's dominant? Is he really getting considered for versatility? seriously? or given kudos for being in position? That's not Heisman worthy guys...

I'm sorry guys, I try to be unbiased despite my fandom but I just don't buy it, bury me if you want.
no one is talking about the Heisman right here. He doesn't have to be Suh or Woodson to be a great NFL player. He can be himself and still be great.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 1 of 40

Jump to: