You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Faneca?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by colon next year I actually meant 08 season. Starks will man it at least this year before he ends up going bye bye as someone will overpay him.
gseabrook26

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghengis Graz wrote:
by colon next year I actually meant 08 season. Starks will man it at least this year before he ends up going bye bye as someone will overpay him.

IMO Starks is the one guy out of Faneca, Simmons, and Starks that will be resigned. He had a bad year but everyone on the o-line did. He's the youngest starter and still hasn't played his best football. There is definitely going to be some turn over along the OL from this coming season to the 08 season, so I think the FO will try to retain one of these guys so there isn't too much change and I see it being Starks.
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. If he turns it around he is the most likely resign. It is the thrid contracts where many players end up getting stupid $ elsewhere.
gseabrook26

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghengis Graz wrote:
True. If he turns it around he is the most likely resign. It is the thrid contracts where many players end up getting stupid $ elsewhere.

Well we can't wait to see if he turns it around. We don't re-sign anyone during the season so if we don't sign him before the season starts he'll probably just wait till March when FA starts and test the market. It's tough though, if the FO doesn't believe he's going to get any better than don't sign him, but if they do then we have to sign him during the offseason. He's probably going to want a pretty good sized contract and I'm not sure the FO will want to commit quite a bit of money to someone who underachieved last year.
john_moser1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trade faneca 2nd rounder and 4th rounder for lions 1st round pick
get cj and then grab lamar woodley with our own pick then in the 3rd get the best available tackle or gaurd
we can start the line we had last year but mahan at fanecas position and chucky at center

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: