Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terron Ward

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31152
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Terron Ward Reply with quote

Why was this guy on your practice squad exactly? I just scouted him and looks like a solid #3 back, especially since he's young. Runs with power, makes good cuts, can catch and pass block a little, and his size means he can usually get lower and has a strong center of gravity.

Did it have something to do with an injury he sustained?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 8148
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we've only carried two backs, obvscoleman and freeman are leaps and bounds better. Hes s nice 3rd back, im not sure if hes more than that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31152
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Well, we've only carried two backs, obvscoleman and freeman are leaps and bounds better. Hes s nice 3rd back, im not sure if hes more than that.


Makes sense. I'm a fan of carrying 3 backs, but that's just me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31152
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Well, we've only carried two backs, obvscoleman and freeman are leaps and bounds better. Hes s nice 3rd back, im not sure if hes more than that.


Probably should have carried a third one for the Super Bowl. Terron would have been a solid option once Coleman went down.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 8148
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Well, we've only carried two backs, obvscoleman and freeman are leaps and bounds better. Hes s nice 3rd back, im not sure if hes more than that.


Probably should have carried a third one for the Super Bowl. Terron would have been a solid option once Coleman went down.


no, he kinda sucks. huge drop off from freeman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31152
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Well, we've only carried two backs, obvscoleman and freeman are leaps and bounds better. Hes s nice 3rd back, im not sure if hes more than that.


Probably should have carried a third one for the Super Bowl. Terron would have been a solid option once Coleman went down.


no, he kinda sucks. huge drop off from freeman.


He is, but I'm never a fan of it when a team only carries 2 RBs. A 3rd one would have helped you all out a lot I think.

Unless DiMarco was the emergency backup, then ionno.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DutchFalcon


Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 211
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:

He is, but I'm never a fan of it when a team only carries 2 RBs. A 3rd one would have helped you all out a lot I think.

Unless DiMarco was the emergency backup, then ionno.


I don't really think it would have mattered. Our Offense was hardly on the field so I doubt Freeman was gassed. If anything he was way to fresh.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31152
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DutchFalcon wrote:
the lone star wrote:

He is, but I'm never a fan of it when a team only carries 2 RBs. A 3rd one would have helped you all out a lot I think.

Unless DiMarco was the emergency backup, then ionno.


I don't really think it would have mattered. Our Offense was hardly on the field so I doubt Freeman was gassed. If anything he was way to fresh.....


Freeman may have been gassed after that 39 yarder, but oh well. Again, not a fan of just 2RBs.

But it only makes a difference if the Falcons actually call rushing plays. As we know, they didn't do that. :-/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group