Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hawks 4-1-1 at Saints 2 - 4 Game 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zman724

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Hawks 4-1-1 at Saints 2 - 4 Game 7 Reply with quote

Power rankings say Hawks by 10. Most pundits say Hawks. I don't know why my gut says Saints. Obviously, will be ready for the early game of the week rooting for the guys.

There was a stat in our SB run that the week after playing the Hawks teams were 0 - 11. Teams were beat up. AFter 90 snaps, we're beat up and now have to travel across the country? Not a good spot.

Now I think we're beat up after playing 90 snaps & why Bennett was even playing after the injury vs Atlanta is reminiscent of Rawls playing and RW playing after the Miami injury. Now Bennett is likely out for the year. I expect Clark to fill in admirably. The 2 players that I've trashed more than any on D are likely playing the best ball on the back 7. KJ Wright & Earl Thomas. (I have no prob admitting when I'm wrong. Who's right 100%. Heck 80% would be solid). Thomas isn't playing so deep which allows his speed to become a heat seeking missile.

I don't like the state of our OL, I don't like RW being immobile. I don't like the fact that we can't run the ball. I don't like that we have a crap O-Co.

New Orleans has their issues, but the quick release of Drew Brees will frustrate us. We've yet to face an elite QB that knows how to dice a defense. This could be the game. They play close games & should've won in KC if hot for KC punching the ball out at the 3 yd line. Only game not decided by less than a TD was vs Atlanta.

Would never bet against the guys but I'd say Saints 27 - Hawks 20.
imani

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna know how many of Wilsons career interceptions are from targeting Kearse. It's a freaking joke. Definitely higher than anyone else he's ever played with.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I wanna know how many of Wilsons career interceptions are from targeting Kearse. It's a freaking joke. Definitely higher than anyone else he's ever played with.
This is why so many Saints fans were happy to see Graham go. Brees had the same issue with him.
animaltested

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on how this game was NOT called, might as well just start having the slot receiver blast the DB on every pass. Free yards every time.

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want able to watch much of this game. Read that the last play was a pass to Kearse in the endzone. Really Russ. For freaking Kearse. You have 5 better options in Graham, Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, and the rookie Prosise. Even Mcevoy would be a better option.

Stop trying to rationalize his weak payday and throw it to the actual playmakers.

I like to think Bevell is calling those plays for Kearse.

Anybody know how Fant looked out there? Reviews aren't good for the O-line but I will take that with a grain of salt.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pick plays ran by the Saints were absolutely egregious. It was one thing to have it kill us for that Brandin Cooks TD, but how the hell do the refs let it go the 2nd time after Pete had already blown a gasket?

That was seriously a textbook pick play. It will probably be on next year's tutorial video for "what is a pick play" reviewed by incoming referees.

Very frustrating.

We didn't play our best game, but I felt we did enough to win.

A lot of people are questioning the play call with 2 seconds left, but I can't really complain about. Russell HAS to keep that ball inbounds to give Kearse a chance. He was 1-on-1 with a height mismatch, came down with the ball, and has made great 50/50 catches for us in the past. It's a TD if Russ keeps it in the field of play.

Hugh Millen also broke down this morning how Russell screwed up big time in his pre-snap read of the play. BW Webb (the CB on Kearse) had a straight up alignment with no help on his side, and Millen said that he was nearly 100% sure Russ would hot route to a slant to Kearse which according to him "scores 95% of the time in that context".

It's the type of thing Russell was very keen on during his white hot finish to last year.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruling Tim Hightower inbounds before the 2 minute warning was probably the biggest robbery by the officials last sunday.

SoS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Ruling Tim Hightower inbounds before the 2 minute warning was probably the biggest robbery by the officials last sunday.

The refs were terrible in this one. No other way to go about saying it. This was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in some time, because the missed calls were absolutely egregious.

I like what Hugh Millen said on the radio this morning.

Quote:
If 20 guys sitting down at a bar can see that you've ran an illegal pick play, how do you as a professional referee not see it?

imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are gonna say it's payback for the Falcons, but it's really nowhere near the same.

SoS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
People are gonna say it's payback for the Falcons, but it's really nowhere near the same.

Not even close. What else aside from the Sherman PI was a bad call? And with Julio's hands-to-the-face earlier in the same route, you could say they were just letting them play.

These were egregious missed calls that go against the definition of the rule. What Snead did on that final pick play was about as obvious as a pick play could possibly ever be. He clearly ran right at Lane with his hands prepared to block and pancaked him. That goes beyond "hometown advantage".
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
The pick plays ran by the Saints were absolutely egregious.

SoS wrote:
This was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in some time, because the missed calls were absolutely egregious.

SoS wrote:
These were egregious missed calls that go against the definition of the rule.

But were they egregious?
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell is really starting to frustrate me with how much he runs IN to guys that are being blocked. He will never be a true top 5 QB if he can't learn to consistently step up into a well formed pocket

#1 ET Supporter
imani

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Russell is really starting to frustrate me with how much he runs IN to guys that are being blocked. He will never be a true top 5 QB if he can't learn to consistently step up into a well formed pocket

Can't believe he ran backwards again to get sacked. I was sitting like "you really haven't learned your lesson from Suh"?

We could very we'll be undefeated if he doesn't do everything he can to get injured on a broken play week 1

imani

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sherman confirmed the NFL copped to missing both potential penalties on Saints wide receiver Willie Snead for pick plays. One sprung Brandin Cooks for a short touchdown on third-and-goal to give New Orleans a 22-20 lead while the other sprung Cooks for a 30-yard gain on third down which put New Orleans in field goal range, cost Seattle all three of its timeouts and allowed them to chew more fourth-quarter clock.

All of which eventually amounted in a 25-20 loss for the Seahawks, where quarterback Russell Wilson's offense ran out of time after marching to the Saints 10-yard line for one last play.

However, they also confirmed they missed a dubious defensive holding call on Seahawks cornerback DeShawn Shead, which extended an eventual Saints field goal drive early in the second half after turning a fourth down stop into a new set of downs. Sherman found Sunday's events frustrating yet was still able to get a kick out of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: