Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should the Seahawks trade for Joe - Staley or Thomas ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Should the Seahawks trade for Joe - Staley or Thomas ? Reply with quote

I doubt we'll make a move because PC is so f'in delusional about this horrendous OL. Not sure what JS's stand is. When you have a core SB team & have an obvious OL problem protecting or run blocking for RW makes it time to make a move. I never understood why we traded for China Doll Harvin (not 20/20) and Graham, though Jimmy has more potential. Wasted 1st rd draft selections, Unger & an increase in financial resources. Especially having an outsider like Harvin having the highest annual salary. Made no sense.

What makes sense right now. To make a move for an OT. I don't care if it's for 3 years but we're in dire need. I read an article on Big Walt. In whatever it was in years (11 or 12) and realizing he's a HOFer, but in almost 6,000 pass attempts, Walt only gave up 23 sacks and 9 holding penalties, 9. omg, 9 in 11-12 years. We'll see 9 in 1 game. (less because RW will get out of the pocket & chuck the ball away.)

We may need to re-structure a contract but if this is truly a team, someone will step up. Maybe toss Bennett some more upfront $$.

Do you want PC/JS to make a deal? It's imperative to make a move for a home playoff game and potential bye.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have just under 5.5M in cap space, which is what Staley would cost. So feasibly we could bring him in and I'd be all on board. Next year he makes 8.3M and then goes down to middle 4's for the last two. I honestly haven't watched him lately so I don't know how he looks tho

#1 ET Supporter
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should, but we wont

I'd expect both the Browns and the Niners would overcharge us as well. Some type of move SHOULD be made tho

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
We have just under 5.5M in cap space, which is what Staley would cost. So feasibly we could bring him in and I'd be all on board. Next year he makes 8.3M and then goes down to middle 4's for the last two. I honestly haven't watched him lately so I don't know how he looks tho

Not quite his prime dominant self anymore, but still very good. The only problem is, will the Niners trade him to a divisional rival? I mean not like we are going anywhere any time soon, but teams are usually hesitant to do this.

With Wilson not having the same mobility right now, the OL obviously needs to be better. Hypothetically, what would you guys give up for Staley? A 3rd?

El ramster on the sig
imani

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the official deadline?

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
When is the official deadline?
I think 11/4

#1 ET Supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: