You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated 7 rounder as of 03/25/07

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toddjammin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Updated 7 rounder as of 03/25/07 Reply with quote

Round 1 ILB Patrick Willis from Mississippi 6 Foot 1 242LBS
Willis is the best LB for the #15 pick and it will be hard to pass on him.
Farrior is a year older and we need some youth at ILB.
I know OLB is our biggest need and it will be addressed in round 2

Round 2 DE/OLB Lamar Woodley from Michigan 6 Foot 2 266LBS
Joey Porter is gone and we need someone to replace him at OLB. If we move to a 4-3 eventually, Woodley would also be a perfect fit.

Round 3 OG Manuel Ramirez from Texas Tech 6 Foot 3 326LBS
Alan Faneca and Kendell Simmons are free agents after this season. There also is a possibility of Faneca holding out this year or being traded. It's time to groom a possible replacement and Ramirez could fit
that role nice. His strength is what makes Ramirez attracted in the 3rd round.

Round 4A WR Jacoby Jones from Lane 6 Foot 3 210LBS
We need some height at the WR position to give Ben more weapons to throw to. Ced Wilson could be on his way out.

Round 4B CB Anthony Arline from Baylor 6 Foot 2 199LBS
Deshea has lost a step and Arline has the height to be the 3rd CB the
Steelers need.

Round 5A OLB Prescott Burgess from Michigan 6 Foot 4 270LBS
need more young depth at OLB

Round 5B RB Jackie Battle from Houston 6 Foot 2 235LBS
Nice big bruiser to compliment Willie Parker if we lose Davenport after this season.

Round 6 DT Joe Cohen from Florida 6 Foot 3 313LBS
Is very good at stuffing the run and could play next to Casey Hampton if we move to a 4-3

Round 7 OT Mario Henderson from Florida State 6 Foot 7 302LBS
spush

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly couldnt imagine any draft scenario, IMO, to work out as well as the first two picks in this one. Those picks address the majority of the needs alone. I doubt it could ever work out that way.

But the rest of the draft. umm....Ramirez is a huge reach in the 3rd round. Jacoby Jones is a decent pick. And Henderson in the 7th, dont think he'll be there. Other than the Ramirez pick I like yoiur thought process here..I personally dont see Woodley dropping to 2:15, but I'd dance a freakin' jig if the did..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Willis pick, if he's there.

I'm not a big fan of Woodley, maybe in the 3rd I'd take him.

3rd round OG Ramirez? Spush is plain wrong. You can tell when someone hasn't been keeping up to date on the latest mocks. There's going to be a run on OL in the top of the 2nd round because Oakland, Detroit, and Arizona have needs.

OG is the key to our whole draft. We absolutely have to get one. I love getting Ramirez in the 3rd but it's too much of a risk. I would look for Grubbs or Sears in the 2nd or reach a bit for Ramirez with our #46 pick. He'll be starting for us in '08.

I like Burgess in the 5th.

Blacky Gold

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:
I honestly couldnt imagine any draft scenario, IMO, to work out as well as the first two picks in this one. Those picks address the majority of the needs alone. I doubt it could ever work out that way.

But the rest of the draft. umm....Ramirez is a huge reach in the 3rd round. Jacoby Jones is a decent pick. And Henderson in the 7th, dont think he'll be there. Other than the Ramirez pick I like yoiur thought process here..I personally dont see Woodley dropping to 2:15, but I'd dance a freakin' jig if the did..

Dook is right. Ramirez=good value at #77.
StillersFury

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my type of mock

I think every player will be a bust where hes drafted.

Except Henderson who will be drafted in the 4th round at the latest.

Rameriez struggled to finish his 40 yard dash...Not because of injury...He was winded...(Joke)
spush

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3rd round OG Ramirez? Spush is plain wrong. You can tell when someone hasn't been keeping up to date on the latest mocks. There's going to be a run on OL in the top of the 2nd round because Oakland, Detroit, and Arizona have needs

Quote:
Rameriez struggled to finish his 40 yard dash...Not because of injury...He was winded...(Joke
)

Before you spout off, have you ever seen Ramirez or are you giong from the 17,000 High School sophomores who post their mocks in the mock link section of this site. Player rankings will change so much between now and draft day. Ramirez was fat and out of shape at the combine. He looked like Sherman Klump (nutty professor) trying to run a 40 yard dash. Just b/c he did alot reps your on his bandwagon. I guess you need something to replace that Mike Kudla t-shirt. Ramirez should count his blessings to go before round 6. Hold me to it..

Blalock/Grubbs/Sears are the only sure fire day one OG picks. Beekman is on the bubble.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spush I have the impression you agree with me.

Just in case...I have seen Texas Tech play quite a few games..And boy does Rameriez suck

This comment is not meant to be condascending.

About 30 Years ago there was a guard from Auburn.

He was 6-2 300 Lbs Ran the 40 in the low 4.7's and he had a 600 pound bench press...The Green Bay Packers called him the best talent at guard based off those numbers...3 Years later...The player was out of the NFl...Never to play there again...The Player...Bill Kazmeir of strong man fame.

Mike Ruth of Boston College is another example

OD Wilson from Wilkinsburgh is another

Mike Kudla is another

Football is played on the field...Not in a weight room

The 2 best tackles in the history of the NFl couldnt bench 225 20 times.

Anthony Munoz and John Ogden. Arm Length is a hinderance on the bench Press...Have to move the weight further its basic physics.

Arm Length is a big advantage on the Football Field
Dook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not on the Ramirez bandwagon. I'm on the Brown, then Blalock, then Grubbs, Sears, then Ramirez band wagon.

We need an OG and Ramirez is the last one I want out of the whole bunch.
Lilruuner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First 2 picks would be great additions to the Steelers. Not really sure about Ramirez but i'm hoping for Craig Davis-WR-LSU in the 3rd round. Good job anyways tho, a lot of needs getting addressed is the name of the game
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not bad not bad at all. like the 7th pick.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: