You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Brown Admitted to Domestic Violence - NFL Investigating

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Josh Brown Admitted to Domestic Violence - NFL Investigating Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17837045/josh-brown-new-york-giants-admits-domestic-violence-documents

Wow.
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bye Josh. Sorry to say but a reopening of this case spells the end for him. No way John Mara can help him now

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should've been gone before the season started. And the way ownership had handled this has been despicable. Just as bad as the Ravens handling of the ray rice incident. This proves the nfl and owners don't care about domestic violence. It's really disgusting.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said on the NFL commissioners suspended list. Goodbye
percellovegiant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
He should've been gone before the season started. And the way ownership had handled this has been despicable. Just as bad as the Ravens handling of the ray rice incident. This proves the nfl and owners don't care about domestic violence. It's really disgusting.
what disgusted me the most is when Mara said he knew of some domestic violence, but didn't know of what intent!!!!
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17884851/kicker-josh-brown-released-new-york-giants-abuse-admission

So long.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

percellovegiant wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
what disgusted me the most is when Mara said he knew of some domestic violence, but didn't know of what intent!!!!

Not to get controversial, but i'm assuming Mara saw the pictures (which don't show much if anything), heard BS from Brown, and heard from investigators that they are dropping the charges. Hard to fault him if thats all he knew.

If he knew of the journal, its way different.

"As to Brown, there were two mitigating factors, from the league’s perspective. First, the NFL didn’t regard the incident as a serious instance of domestic violence, since Brown simply grabbed his now-ex-wife’s wrist. (Many would say that any incident of domestic violence is serious.) Second, the NFL considered its difficulty in getting cooperation from Brown’s now-ex-wife or from law enforcement to be a mitigating factor."
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
percellovegiant wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

Not to get controversial, but i'm assuming Mara saw the pictures (which don't show much if anything), heard BS from Brown, and heard from investigators that they are dropping the charges. Hard to fault him if thats all he knew.

If he knew of the journal, its way different.

"As to Brown, there were two mitigating factors, from the league’s perspective. First, the NFL didn’t regard the incident as a serious instance of domestic violence, since Brown simply grabbed his now-ex-wife’s wrist. (Many would say that any incident of domestic violence is serious.) Second, the NFL considered its difficulty in getting cooperation from Brown’s now-ex-wife or from law enforcement to be a mitigating factor."

To add to this, and I'm not saying I agree, but there is a bit of a grey area as far as what is the NFL's role vs. the team's role. And argument can easily be made that they should both investigate as much as possible but in reality, when investigators don't press chargers and the NFL doesn't take serious measures, why should the Giants do any more? It looks bad no matter what but I definitely don't think the giants were purposely avoiding the issue or trying to sweep it under the rug. I think they just took the lead from authorities and the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't care how good a kicker Josh Brown is, they should've never signed him. Domestic Violence is disgusting and the rate NFL players get away with it at is even worse. If convicted I think he should have a lifetime ban as with any other player convicted of Domestic Violence.

If Josh Gordon is suspended for three years for being an addict and hurting nobody but himself Josh Brown should have a much harsher penalty
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApeDosMatt wrote:
Don't care how good a kicker Josh Brown is, they should've never signed him. Domestic Violence is disgusting and the rate NFL players get away with it at is even worse. If convicted I think he should have a lifetime ban as with any other player convicted of Domestic Violence.

If Josh Gordon is suspended for three years for being an addict and hurting nobody but himself Josh Brown should have a much harsher penalty

The problem with this is you are going to punish a player for an allegation when the victim drops her charges and is unwilling to cooperate and wants her husband to keep his job. Not to mention the evidence didn't show much. Its not like Ray Rice where you have a video or Greg Hardy where you have bad bruises.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: