You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7: New York Giants vs LA Rams in London- 9:30AM EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was watching on DVR and just finished. Would seem like we lost reading the thread.

Great game from the defense. It's going to be a blast listening to LA radio this week. Rams and Dodgers lost

Offense needs to get fixed badly
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Landon Collins playing like a probowler this year.

He and Vernon are the defensive MVP's so far

Landon is playing like the DPOY

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
bagh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:

Well we were talking about the defense giving up the 3rd and 22 in the 3rd quarter I think it was. But I agree with you the protection has to get better. I'm not a big fan of the offensive playcalling either.

But a W is a W and no matter how ugly I'll take it. Just hope this bye can be used to fix these sloppiness issues

I think the play calling is a reflection of the play of our lack of talent Line.

People kept asking why we arent' utilizing our passing attempt more throughout the game it looked like. Well, we threw 30% more thane we passed. It felt like we couldn't get anything going with the run game and the draw play seemed like a way to get it going.

I said it during the game, and I will say it again. Move Flowers to RT. I think you will see that if Beatty can work himself back into shape.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams defense played a lot better than I expected. Expected the Rams to lose. Keenum sucks. Good game. Good luck moving forward.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

Well we were talking about the defense giving up the 3rd and 22 in the 3rd quarter I think it was. But I agree with you the protection has to get better. I'm not a big fan of the offensive playcalling either.

But a W is a W and no matter how ugly I'll take it. Just hope this bye can be used to fix these sloppiness issues

I think the play calling is a reflection of the play of our lack of talent Line.

People kept asking why we arent' utilizing our passing attempt more throughout the game it looked like. Well, we threw 30% more thane we passed. It felt like we couldn't get anything going with the run game and the draw play seemed like a way to get it going.

I said it during the game, and I will say it again. Move Flowers to RT. I think you will see that if Beatty can work himself back into shape.

Well, I think you're right, bagh. Things can't go on as they are for long- unless the Giants want to lose a lot of football games. Their mediocre run-blocking is forcing Eli to throw far too much; and their lousy pass protection has reduced him to a lot of short, safe passes.

They've stubbornly persisted in their avowal to keep Ereck Flowers at left tackle, because a) they envision him as their "left tackle of the future", anyway; and b) it would require him to learn a new position- so they claim. Those are their words, on both counts.

Well, maybe. But I'll suggest that there is another factor at work, here- their defensiveness about picking Flowers at #9 overall. They seem determined to justify that pick- that the guy IS a left tackle regardless of all evidence to the contrary- to the point of jeopardizing their success.

And yet, as I recall, the original plan was for Flowers to break in at right tackle in his rookie season, and play there, what, two or three years, and only then shift to the left side. Of course, Beatty's season-ending pectoral injury pretty much wrecked all that.

I wonder now- with a full two weeks to work at it- they might be willing to go back to their Plan A, move Flowers to the right side, and return Beatty to starting on the left? Bobby Hart could be a swing tackle, or maybe a right guard once again.

Might improve three positions at once. At least two. With the weekly mountain of evidence against the current arrangement, maybe during the bye week......?

I just hope that ego, mainly Jerry Reese's, won't get in the way of making a good and necessary move.
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this game was ugly, horrible, dirty, poorly played, and really was a mess from start to finish. I LOVED IT! LOL

Glad were heading into a bye week. We need to get some of our guys healthy now.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: