You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Panthers @ Saints GAMEDAY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
In a weird way I don't feel like our defense got absolutely crapped on by Carolina. We crapped on ourselves with penalties (and by the refs since not all were legit, wtf was that 4th down one on Vaccaro?). I don't think 38 points tells the whole story, we looked better than that. We looked more like a defense that gave up 28.

Which is still bad, but not as bad. Baby steps.

But they've always committed these dumb penalties. The problem is that our dbs consistently get beat like every play. Had Cam made better throws it would have been even worse. Also, can our D ever play a full game? We played well 1st half of the Raiders game also. Really, we could be 4-1 right now, so there is still hope, but this secondary has got to improve at least a little, because we can't depend on Brees playing like this every single game. Panthers looked like a team that had given up, yet they still came back and almost won the game from 21 points down.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
I've watched this team too much, this smells like a loss.
You smell like a weak-minded loser

If you still have faith in this team thats your problem. I always hope we win, but I also know how absolutely awful we are.
Go root for the Falcons why don't ya
Laughing I only laugh because the leap from "this smells like a loss" and rooting for the Falcons is a bit of an overreaction.

What are you rooting for? Another 7-9 season that leaves just enough faith in Payton to keep him around another year?

IMO we can only win 4 games, maybe 5 if there's any chance Payton gets booted. That's what I'm rooting for. I'll take a win against the Falcons later this year though. Wink

Last edited by domepatrol91 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand we won but...

This was a typical Sean Payton coached team.

Passing offense: Explosive and exciting
Rushing offense: Meh
Defense: Awful
Special Teams: Inconsistant

It just so happens the cards fell right for us today but this team has to play FLAWLESS offense pretty much to win. ZERO complementary football and the defense remains a horror show.

Yes I understand this is a young team and yes I understand we have a ton of injuries to overcome but it's been the same story with Payton for 10 years now... he caught lightning in a bottle in 2009 with Darren Sharper who basically was a one man turnover machine that year which helped propel this team to the Super Bowl but if you really think about it, what we saw today is what we ALWAYS see from a Sean Payton coached team.

Happy we won... still realize change is needed.

WHODAT91FOREVER
NS922

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another case of us beating a mediocre team, I guess. I figured Carolina would bounce back sooner rather than later but it seems they won't be bouncing back much anytime soon if at all, they're just not the same as last year. Once again the offense is great but the defense just isn't (and still too many penalties all around). Nothing new to really take from this win other than the satisfaction of beating the Panthers. That part was still nice, I'll have to admit. Smile
MookieMonster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sterling Moore has been pretty fantastic, honestly. Nice find by the Saints.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
Nothing new to really take from this win other than the satisfaction of beating the Panthers. That part was still nice, I'll have to admit. Smile
Pretty much my thoughts. I'm rooting for us to lose because that's the only way we'll get any change, but beating the Panthers is always gonna be a good day.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Loomis had any nuts whatsoever, he'd can Payton today.

The eeked out a win over a (now) 1-4 team with a QB fresh off concussion protocol, at home, just to show that we can rule the bottom of the division.

Don't get me wrong, I love the win, and I'm not AS embarrassed to have my Saints flag flying in my front yard, but it was ugly and scary.

The coaching decisions that were made when we were up by 21 are just mind boggling. And the lack of ability to close out a game, also mind boggling.

As someone pointed out, we're very close to 4-1. I'll point out, we're equally as close to 0-5.
saintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
If Loomis had any nuts whatsoever, he'd can Payton today.

The eeked out a win over a (now) 1-4 team with a QB fresh off concussion protocol, at home, just to show that we can rule the bottom of the division.

Don't get me wrong, I love the win, and I'm not AS embarrassed to have my Saints flag flying in my front yard, but it was ugly and scary.

The coaching decisions that were made when we were up by 21 are just mind boggling. And the lack of ability to close out a game, also mind boggling.

As someone pointed out, we're very close to 4-1. I'll point out, we're equally as close to 0-5.

Which decisions specifically did you disagree with?

Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 92 catches 1,137 yards 9 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 5 PD
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
Which decisions specifically did you disagree with?
I've posted it a few times, but I'll go again.
Specifically:
1) Not going for it on 4th & 1 on the Carolina 35. Now, that one I can let slide. That's right at the grey area - BUT - the Saints had driven 45 yards and were chewing up some clock. 4:16 left in the half, and now Carolina gets a short field and a chance to put up points before the break.

2) Now our defense folds like a paper sack, but holds the Panthers to a FG. So we get the ball back with 2:57 and Payton comes out and pass, pass, pass, pass... literally 4 passing plays in a row!!! Took 20 whole seconds off the clock and sticks our swiss cheese defense back on the field immediately after surrendering points.

THAT! #2 is the biggest thing that pissed me off the whole game.

Carolina goes into hurry up, and scores on 7 plays in 1 minute.

We ended the half getting a field goal, but what if... just what if we could have managed the clock and gone into the half at 21-3 rather than 24-10. Do you know how demoralizing that would have been for the Panthers?

The end of the 3rd quarter, Payton got pass happy again, it was failing, but then runs the ball on 3rd & 20... against that defense? Seriously.

And then I assume you watched the 4th quarter to know that we subbed in most of our defense with Jr. High kids.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that killed me was blowing a time out on an extra point. I get that they were after a certain look from the panthers and didn't get it, but for god sakes we wasted a time out on an extra point, when the extra point put us up by 8. Everyone knew that game was gonna come down to the wire and we needed as many time outs as possible. Drew's one big flaw(and of course Payton's) is questionable clock management skills.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was mad they didn't actually go for 2 there. The Panthers had a hard time stopping our offense, I would've gone for it. If the Panthers scored a TD (which was inevitable) they were bound to get their 2 points along with it, and look at what happened. I would put the trust in our offense, not our defense. They put the trust in the defense and it nearly cost them. It's easy to forget about that since they won but I certainly wouldn't have if they lost.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
I was mad they didn't actually go for 2 there. The Panthers had a hard time stopping our offense, I would've gone for it. If the Panthers scored a TD (which was inevitable) they were bound to get their 2 points along with it, and look at what happened. I would put the trust in our offense, not our defense. They put the trust in the defense and it nearly cost them. It's easy to forget about that since they won but I certainly wouldn't have if they lost.

My issue wasn't with that, it was taking the time out and then kicking anyway. Just kick the extra point, or go for two. Don't call timeout, and then kick anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wanted to go for 2. Where's the aggressive Sean Payton I fell in love with as our HC? I felt like with our defense if they scored a TD (and they probably would) a 2 pt try would be as automatic as an XP would be if we were up by 7, so it was worth going for.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
saintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
NS922 wrote:

My issue wasn't with that, it was taking the time out and then kicking anyway. Just kick the extra point, or go for two. Don't call timeout, and then kick anyway.
Or..if you don't get the look, just take the 5 yard delay of game penalty. Its a freaking XP 5 yards doesn't change much

Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 92 catches 1,137 yards 9 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 5 PD
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
NS922 wrote:

Or..if you don't get the look, just take the 5 yard delay of game penalty. Its a freaking XP 5 yards doesn't change much

Yea, this is what I'm saying. If our kicker can't make an extra five yard extra point he needs to be cut. I mean, one more time out in the Raiders game, and we would've won.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: