You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

were you ok with OBJ's late penalty?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billzz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: were you ok with OBJ's late penalty? Reply with quote

he was obviously hyped about the game winner, and he does consistently hold his own.. but when is enough, enough?

he is the most talented WR in the game (arguably) and imo.. but his penalty tagged with the late roughing the passer call almost single handedly put baltimore in a position to win the game.

how do you think this situation should be handled?

im sure he will also be fined for using a prop.
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.

Claim a MLB player- Aaron Judge NYY Noah Syndergaard NYM
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole OBJ situation has been on my mind for the past 24 hours, and this if where I've landed:

1. I love the skills and passion he brings to the game. I'm all for humble guys like Fitz who just produce and you don't hear anything from them. However, I can't deny that I enjoy seeing expressive personalities, which Odell clearly has. After all, this is entertainment. While Eli is the ideal teammate, I get bored from hearing the same old clichés in every imterview. Odell's passion and uniqueness is a breathe of fresh air imo.
2. That all being said, I encourage him to celebrate as much as he wants as long as it's absolutely does NOT cost the team. I'm not sure exactly what the helmet rules are, since he didn't take it off until he was out of the endzone. However, I don't excuse him regardless since it wasn't the first time he was penalized for removing his helmet after the play. Knowing this, he should have kept it on as to eliminate any chance of costing his team 15 yards.

In summary. I'd hate to see him curb his passion and excitement for the game. Ideally, he will learn to think before he expresses his urges. If he determines that there is any chance it may hurt the team, he should not follow through.
Ohbeejay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants don't win the game without him, so yea I'm OK with it.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He knows he made a mistake. He took his helmet off about a second too early, as he ran off the field immediately after doing so. Mcadoo and Deion Sanders talked to him about it and we know he knows better.

We don't win the game without him. He won us that game with a hip injury that had him limping after the game. That was like LT's busted shoulder game against the Saints. He's as dominant a receiver as there is in the NFL. In all honesty, I'm willing to put up with a whole lot more than that to keep him around. Good thing is I probably won't have to, because he'll correct his mistakes.

He's a fiery, passionate guy. I wouldn't want him any other way.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
He knows he made a mistake. He took his helmet off about a second too early, as he ran off the field immediately after doing so. Mcadoo and Deion Sanders talked to him about it and we know he knows better.

We don't win the game without him. He won us that game with a hip injury that had him limping after the game. That was like LT's busted shoulder game against the Saints. He's as dominant a receiver as there is in the NFL. In all honesty, I'm willing to put up with a whole lot more than that to keep him around. Good thing is I probably won't have to, because he'll correct his mistakes.

He's a fiery, passionate guy. I wouldn't want him any other way.

Agreed and this is very low on the list of things he's done too. Totally not a big deal. I just wished we could stop hearing about Odell every day. It's exhausting

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way those refs called the game I'm surprised he didn't get a taunting penalty on the first TD.
stevesmith12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say ''when is enough, enough''. What is the line of ''enough''?

I think Eli and McAdoo need to back their player and stop being passive aggressive in the media.
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't care. Refs are getting on my nerves with these flags.

That DRC call was a joke.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:

The JJ non-flag was bad too.
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One is never "ok" with a penalty. I'm not going to throw the book at him for taking his helmet off a few seconds early

I just hope he breaks up with the net. I saw Josh Brown hitting on her earlier
bzane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:

Colin Kaepernick would have knelt for that flag.

Just kidding! Laughing Laughing

Pretty obvious that Odell is not your typical staid New York Giant. They've never been too high on the flamboyant guys, really. Shockey, Lawrence Taylor come to mind. But maybe all that passion, if properly harnessed, channeled into the games, can be a good thing? Maybe the bland Giants would be the better for a little emotion, a little excitement. Better than watching Reuben Randall cruise through his assignments. Me, I'm hoping the Giants and Odell reach an equilibrium where all his energy and enthusiasm turn into a positive, both for his individual play, and for team spirit.
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Colin Kaepernick would have knelt for that flag.

Just kidding! Laughing Laughing

Pretty obvious that Odell is not your typical staid New York Giant. They've never been too high on the flamboyant guys, really. Shockey, Lawrence Taylor come to mind. But maybe all that passion, if properly harnessed, channeled into the games, can be a good thing? Maybe the bland Giants would be the better for a little emotion, a little excitement. Better than watching Reuben Randall cruise through his assignments. Me, I'm hoping the Giants and Odell reach an equilibrium where all his energy and enthusiasm turn into a positive, both for his individual play, and for team spirit.

But Odell is different in that the only problems that surround him is on the field. He's not a detriment in between games. It's squarely on the field where his passion and emotions can't be harnessed properly.

So he is a bit different in that respect. A bit like TO but Odell is not anywhere near as outspoken.

I think the media attention that he brings is more likely to dampen the team spirit than his actual actions. If he was behaving like he was and was a low key guy in terms of popularity then there wouldn't be problems. But it's the fact that each week the media is always pressing this rather silly issue and its become the story in the locker room.

Be Humble. Sit Down.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: