Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So, we're playing the Saints today.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasus83

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good God we suck right now

It's hard to think that this is mostly the same team from last year

There is blame to go around at all levels.

Worst of all I don't know what we've seen to think that this is going to turn around

The only minut glimmer of hope is that we've seen Rivera pull the team together from Bad starts before

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
panther dude

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm uncomfortable calling for Ron's job right now. I just don't think he's the main problem here. The team is united behind him and he knows how to reach them. The problem is Gettleman keeps stripping talent from the roster. With all the turnover Ron gets each season I think he's done fine.

This offense is just atrocious though. I think it's definitely time to can Shula. The defense is bad but most times they can get enough stops to where the offense could win the game. The problem is we've needed to rely so heavily on defensive takeaways, scores and complete domination until the offense finally gets going. Between the offensive personnel and game planning we look completely inflexible and mediocre.

There are a lot of issues but firing Rivera just doesn't seem to be a productive move to me.
panther dude

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went through the rest of the schedule and I've officially got us pegged for 5-11. God I can't imagine going through a season like this and drafting a dud. Hopefully it works out for us.

So Garrett or Robinson? Which line do we shore up?

I love what Myles could do for our defense. That would free KK and Vern up not to mention what it'd do for the DB's. I hate leaving Cam behind stop gaps on the line though.
atown703

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta protect of biggest investment. He's already had a concussion... a second one and his career is on thin ice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna say Myles Garrett. We get zero pass rush, and that is what makes our defense work. Our offense got rolling at one point yesterday and looked fine. Our defense is keeping us from winning games.
panther dude

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
I'm gonna say Myles Garrett. We get zero pass rush, and that is what makes our defense work. Our offense got rolling at one point yesterday and looked fine. Our defense is keeping us from winning games.

Playing the New Orleans Saints.
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're 6 games into the season and already talking about draft picks Rolling Eyes

I hate this a lot...

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks
Forever To Thee
pf9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So like last year it falls on the Hornets to bring Charlotte a championship.

NC has had it rough this year sports-wise. In addition to the Super Bowl, you have UNC losing the March Madness title game, the Hornets failing to close out the Heat in the first round of the NBA playoffs, and then you have NC losing the rights to host so many sports events because of a controversial bill.

Things will get better. Now that the Big 12 is gonna stay at 10, the ACC can swoop in and grab Cincinnati and UConn so that finally, all four NC schools can share a football division.

The Panthers will eventually snap out of it too. A title will come eventually.
panther dude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pf9 wrote:
So like last year it falls on the Hornets to bring Charlotte a championship.

NC has had it rough this year sports-wise. In addition to the Super Bowl, you have UNC losing the March Madness title game, the Hornets failing to close out the Heat in the first round of the NBA playoffs, and then you have NC losing the rights to host so many sports events because of a controversial bill.

Things will get better. Now that the Big 12 is gonna stay at 10, the ACC can swoop in and grab Cincinnati and UConn so that finally, all four NC schools can share a football division.

The Panthers will eventually snap out of it too. A title will come eventually.

If we keep wasting the prime and leadership of guys like Greg Olsen, Thomas Davis, Ryan Kalil and others we may be waiting for a while.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: