You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pass rush

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Pass rush Reply with quote

Just caught the tail end of a segment on sports center on how we are burning out JPP and Vernon. We are tied for the worst in the league with 4 sacks and only 2 coming from those two. That's insane.

I didn't see the stats on their snap count because as I said I caught the tail end of it.

Do you guys think this is the reason for the lack of production? Because owa and Okware need to play more than. I've read a lot of hype around okware

Or do you think it's the scheme? Lack of creative blitzs? Too many 4 man pressures banking on us winning match ups?
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more concerned about the burn out moving forward than blaming lack of production on it. I think it's more scheme and opponent's scheme than burning them out. We are not creative with our pressures, even without blitzing. I also think Hankins/Harrison hurt the pass rush as well. There is zero pressure up the middle so QBs aren't getting flushed. They have clear throwing lanes. We'd be giving up some run defense but I'd be giving Owa/Okwara more snaps on the inside. They are basically getting one play at a time on passing downs and aren't able to get into the flow of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
I'm more concerned about the burn out moving forward than blaming lack of production on it. I think it's more scheme and opponent's scheme than burning them out. We are not creative with our pressures, even without blitzing. I also think Hankins/Harrison hurt the pass rush as well. There is zero pressure up the middle so QBs aren't getting flushed. They have clear throwing lanes. We'd be giving up some run defense but I'd be giving Owa/Okwara more snaps on the inside. They are basically getting one play at a time on passing downs and aren't able to get into the flow of the game.
💯💯💯💯💯
reckless123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Pass rush Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Just caught the tail end of a segment on sports center on how we are burning out JPP and Vernon. We are tied for the worst in the league with 4 sacks and only 2 coming from those two. That's insane.

I didn't see the stats on their snap count because as I said I caught the tail end of it.

Do you guys think this is the reason for the lack of production? Because owa and Okware need to play more than. I've read a lot of hype around okware

Or do you think it's the scheme? Lack of creative blitzs? Too many 4 man pressures banking on us winning match ups?

Ehh, I wouldn't blame the snap count. Because it's not like they're wearing off towards the end of the game. They're not getting enough pressure early in games especially last game.

I blame it more on the interior pressure. Problem is that it's difficult to execute blitzes and have good blitz packages when you you're secondary is banged up. That's why our front 4 is under so much pressure to get some push. Look at the Vikings game (although their o-line is bad) Bradford got the ball out just before the pressure was about to mount because we had Trevon Wade out there and Adams. Our defense is completely different when our secondary is wrecked and it's sac because people are gonna judge our defense when it's not at its best. Granted Vernon for the money we gave him needs to be better as a pass rusher although he is nursing an wrist injury. Jenkins has been very good. Vernon expected a little more as a pass rusher but is a stud run defender.

Be Humble. Sit Down.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: