Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We suck
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanxmerch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Zithers wrote:
the production or rather lack of on offense begins and ends with the OLine sucking. if they aren't getting abused by von miller, dwight freeney, vic beasley, danielle hunter, etc then this thread isn't made.

I get it. Nobody wants Cam to be part of the problem. The thing is, while the o-line has definitely struggled, Cam holding onto the ball like it's the last pizza roll in the freezer hasn't helped. That aside, as of late, or really after the Superbowl, it seems as though once Cam gets pressured a few times or takes a couple shots, he folds like a lawn chair.

I don't know if dude has PTSD from Miller and Ware or if it's something else, and I understand you rattle QBs by hitting them, but Cam gets rattled far, far too quickly. Or, at least that's how it seems this year. Even before the headshots in the Denver game, once Denver was applying pressure consistently, Cam seemed to fall apart.

If we need an all-pro oline that never lets anyone touch him, we might have made a mistake with his extension. QBs get hit. It's gonna happen. I can understand the helmet shots, or just relentless pressure where he's not finishing his drop before getting hit.

However, too often Cam drops back and is holding the ball for 4-5 seconds, pressure finally gets home, and it's always the offensive line's fault.

That's nonsense. Get rid of it.

I'm not saying Cam doesn't deserve blame but we did a jumbo set this week and the Falcons only sent four dudes and Cam was on the ground within two seconds. It was embarrassing. Dwight Freeney was killing Remmers all day with a spin move that you *know* is going to happen. Cam holding onto the ball too long is always going to be a thing due to his mobility, which is why he's always sacked in the mid 30 range each season despite having vary degrees of OL quality in those years. But this is looking a "lead the NFL in sacks given up" OLine.

The play calling of these long developing routes needs to end too, that has a lot to blame, when you have two horribly slow receivers and one deep threat you cant have everyone running deep crosses every time. KB with his size should be running a cross almost every play and use his size to shade corners.

The gash plays arent there and its time for Shula to adapt.

I am a little afraid of DA killing it this weekend and the Cam hate bandwagon gets into full gear.
Cypher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryanxmerch wrote:
The play calling of these long developing routes needs to end too, that has a lot to blame, when you have two horribly slow receivers and one deep threat you cant have everyone running deep crosses every time. KB with his size should be running a cross almost every play and use his size to shade corners.

I am a little afraid of DA killing it this weekend and the Cam hate bandwagon gets into full gear.

Cam has what I like to call "Bendrome". He essentially has Big Ben syndrome. Tight end or a back will be wide open for a free 3-4 yards, NOPE! Gonna go ahead and fling this sucker forty yards down field, who needs first downs? It's not necessarily something you can't win with (obviously), but it's something that is incredibly frustrating and really isn't the OC's fault. If there are short routes Cam can dump off to, Shula is doing his job. Cam has to take them.

Cam's pretty much been that guy since college. Win the game on every down kind of mentality. Drives me nuts. Brady didn't win four rings like that, he won four rings through the plays he didn't make. He takes what the defense gives you, nickels and dimes you down the field and I promise, you'll get tired of letting him have it before he gets tired of taking it.

You can win other ways, but quite simply, if you can't drop back, fire it out fast and take cheap, easy yards, you're going to be hard-pressed to win in this league.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
ryanxmerch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
ryanxmerch wrote:

Cam has what I like to call "Bendrome". He essentially has Big Ben syndrome. Tight end or a back will be wide open for a free 3-4 yards, NOPE! Gonna go ahead and fling this sucker forty yards down field, who needs first downs? It's not necessarily something you can't win with (obviously), but it's something that is incredibly frustrating and really isn't the OC's fault. If there are short routes Cam can dump off to, Shula is doing his job. Cam has to take them.

Cam's pretty much been that guy since college. Win the game on every down kind of mentality. Drives me nuts. Brady didn't win four rings like that, he won four rings through the plays he didn't make. He takes what the defense gives you, nickels and dimes you down the field and I promise, you'll get tired of letting him have it before he gets tired of taking it.

You can win other ways, but quite simply, if you can't drop back, fire it out fast and take cheap, easy yards, you're going to be hard-pressed to win in this league.

While I agree some is on Cam, on every play you have a primary read right? If those reads are on 5-7 step drop which most shotgun sets put you at bout that distance. Those routes that are being called are 3-5 second routes, Cam does need to do a better job of coming off those reads when he has pressure. But why make it harder on him with something he struggles with? Why not line up some quick hitters to these two giant receivers that can box any corner out on a slant, quick cross or a hitch? Why do you continually put cam at a 5-7 step drop where every speed rusher is licking his lips, thats the spot every speed rusher loves to hit, is a 5-7 step drop. I know you don't want to leave your philosophy completely behind, but you have to do something to get him out of the funk.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: