Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers waive Bene Benwikere

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burnoutonme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Panthers waive Bene Benwikere Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/784417489853620225

Well, #%^. Didn't see that one coming. Sad

Promoted Zack Sanchez from the PS. I guess it's his time. That, or a team was sniffing around and trying to sign him. Kind of shocking that, if they were going to take this route, they would even chance losing Sanchez by cutting him. I know Benewikere has struggled this year, particularly last week, but they really must have been low on his play.

TCMD 2017 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2016 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2015 Carolina Panthers AGM
yesweCAM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he played bad last week but so did everyone in the secondary. I don't understand this move. He's out most experienced corner and has proved that he can handle his own in the slot. Why cut him and promote a CB who has no experience and don't know if he can even handle the responsibilities that Bene had? I don't get it....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. that is a knee jerk reaction. nobody did anything in our secondary- safeties are as much to blame as well. bene was solid first couple games and everyone has a bad game. but yeh I echo the sentiment. he was our vet cb and now promoting a rookie ps CB? things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. anyone own mike evans in fantasy?

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Lasus83

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb move and the crap 2016 offseason bleeds its way into the regular season

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
panther dude

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to know the behind the scenes of this move. There's no way they felt this makes the team better. Mid season to have a bunch of unexperienced players running around in the secondary. My guess? Bene was ticked about being scapegoated after getting screwed by the scheme against Atlanta and being demoted this week lead to some unmendable frustrations.

It's pretty interesting to me how Gettleman and Ron have been able to get along. I'm sure Ron has gone into a couple off seasons now with a laundry list of needs to take that last step and Dave always wins out with his bargain bin approach. We've gotten by with it before but boy are we starved for talent in a lot of areas right now.
Zithers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benwikere said he was out of gas towards the end of last week's game which, according to Geoff Schwartz, is a bad move. Admitting you aren't conditioned.

Plus he isn't always following his assignment, which is the buzz that Bill Voth is hearing. I mean he's pretty much at fault for letting a fullback have a 40 yard touchdown in the opener...

At least we're facing Jameis Winston who already has eight picks this week???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that ideally you want to build something that lasts over a long period of team. Cant compromise the future for the present. I get it. But at a certain point, doesn't this become a bird in hand situation?

Consistency is one of the most elusive things in the NFL. Not just because of talent coming and going, aging, ect. but also because of the unpredictable stuff. Injuries, will everyone stay hungry and focused on one goal? How long will guys buy into the coach's message? How long will they trust management before it becomes us against them/get yours when you can? Young players don't always trend upwardly. What happens when you find you cant rely on them? What about when the rest of the league catches up?

Just look at the way New England brings proven talent in to stop gaps in order to secure rings. Signing guys while your talent is on rookie deals is how a lot of teams win Super Bowls. It's a built in advantage of drafting well. If for no other reason, atleast the players see the sense of urgency the whole organization feels about the current campaign. At a certain point I think we are compromising some of these guy's brilliance by putting guys on the field that shouldn't be out there right now. What message does it send to the team about chasing a Super Bowl when you see Darryl Worley across from Julio Jones?

If this team misses it's window I'm going to be pissed. From the culture with all the leaders we've had to the talent and unity, there's no reason why we shouldn't win a title.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: