You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Post Game Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming up with plays that fit a guys skillset is a lot easier in theory than it is in practice. These guys are professionals, but it still means dedicating a lot of to learning a new offense that you'll only use for a week or 2. I am not saying we shouldn't adapt to Boykin, but you have to find the limits of how much you're willing to do. You can't just tell guys to go run jet sweep and expect them all to know how to do it

#1 ET Supporter
Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
Boykin throws disgusting interceptions and can't make reads beyond the 1st MAYBE second option. It's pathetic. For them to go into the season with him backing things up is pathetic.

Agreed. I genuinely don't understand the negligence at LT and backup QB. It's not hard to find a better option than Boykin.

Zman724 wrote:
Did you watch Belichick & McDaniel design a game plan for their 3rd string QB in Brisett vs a better D in the Texans last Thursday. It was beautiful. Take a 3rd string who has ZERO commonalities to Brady or Grop & design a game plan that utilizes his talent?

That is what makes me ill about Pete & his use of Bevell. They are clowns with game plans.

I don't know if it's fair to compare Pete to Belichick. I think Pete is great and depending on how long he does it, might even be HOF worthy....but Bill is the greatest of all-time. Dude should have his name on the Super Bowl trophy. He is a wizard at game-planning and attention to detail. Of course it would be nice if Pete & co. showed those same qualities, but there's 30 other teams wishing the same thing.

It's a copy cat league. Let's not act like designing football plays is designing a rocket to take us to Mars.

Brisett & Boykin are identical QB's. It took me 2 seconds to realize it. Wow. We should use Boykin the same way NE uses this Brisett kid. Keep everything simple. 1 read options. Some deception with motion, a jet sweep maybe with Lockett, a fake and dash to the pylon.

Why do we act like it's that difficult to design a game plan? We don't know how as PC said when asked about it after the Rams game. If I knew how, I'd do it differently.

If Boykin didn't have the mobility & didn't know the same playbook as RW, then I'd say forget. As a pocket passer, no thanks. However, the bro has wheels, can make some simple throws to Jimmy outside the pocket. Bootlegs, rollouts, quick slants, designed runs.

Way to easy to implement to think that PC can't have a package for Boykin in 48 hours. What Bevell would do with it is the issue. While Mcdaniel looks like a weasly punk, I have respect for his O-Co skills. He's good, very good.

If it's so easy, why is Bill seemingly the only coach who can consistently pull this off amongst all of these great football minds?

Short answer: it's not that easy.

Who are all these great football minds you speak of? A rookie coach in Doug Pederson is doing it with Carson Wentz. Have you seen their 3 games? I haven't missed a snap.

Y'all act like Boykin has never played football before. He knows the Hawks playbook. Execute the plays that he's most comfortable with. It's a simple game & we run simple plays. Add in a designed run. Simple.

It's easy....
Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Coming up with plays that fit a guys skillset is a lot easier in theory than it is in practice. These guys are professionals, but it still means dedicating a lot of to learning a new offense that you'll only use for a week or 2. I am not saying we shouldn't adapt to Boykin, but you have to find the limits of how much you're willing to do. You can't just tell guys to go run jet sweep and expect them all to know how to do it

Boykins skill set is the same as RW's. While not in RW's class, obviously. that is why he made the cut. The OL, WR, RB wouldn't have to change plays, blociking for a different style of QB. Just because he's raw and makes rookie mistakes doesn't mean he doesn't have the same skill set as RW = the same.

This is not learning a new offense. It's the same offense. Just using plays that have been in the book that we may not implement as often now because RW is advanced. i.e. why I used jet sweep. It's an example. If a 3rd string scrub who never took snaps could execute some plays on TNF, Boykin can, too. He's not a scrub. He needs some p.t. & to take a deep breath.

Get him under center and let's play ball. It's time our lousy conservative coaching staff like Bevell & Richard earned some $$. time the D made some game changing plays.

I hope he starts & you'll see what I'm talking about.
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
Boykin throws disgusting interceptions and can't make reads beyond the 1st MAYBE second option. It's pathetic. For them to go into the season with him backing things up is pathetic.

Agreed. I genuinely don't understand the negligence at LT and backup QB. It's not hard to find a better option than Boykin.

Zman724 wrote:
Did you watch Belichick & McDaniel design a game plan for their 3rd string QB in Brisett vs a better D in the Texans last Thursday. It was beautiful. Take a 3rd string who has ZERO commonalities to Brady or Grop & design a game plan that utilizes his talent?

That is what makes me ill about Pete & his use of Bevell. They are clowns with game plans.

I don't know if it's fair to compare Pete to Belichick. I think Pete is great and depending on how long he does it, might even be HOF worthy....but Bill is the greatest of all-time. Dude should have his name on the Super Bowl trophy. He is a wizard at game-planning and attention to detail. Of course it would be nice if Pete & co. showed those same qualities, but there's 30 other teams wishing the same thing.

It's a copy cat league. Let's not act like designing football plays is designing a rocket to take us to Mars.

Brisett & Boykin are identical QB's. It took me 2 seconds to realize it. Wow. We should use Boykin the same way NE uses this Brisett kid. Keep everything simple. 1 read options. Some deception with motion, a jet sweep maybe with Lockett, a fake and dash to the pylon.

Why do we act like it's that difficult to design a game plan? We don't know how as PC said when asked about it after the Rams game. If I knew how, I'd do it differently.

If Boykin didn't have the mobility & didn't know the same playbook as RW, then I'd say forget. As a pocket passer, no thanks. However, the bro has wheels, can make some simple throws to Jimmy outside the pocket. Bootlegs, rollouts, quick slants, designed runs.

Way to easy to implement to think that PC can't have a package for Boykin in 48 hours. What Bevell would do with it is the issue. While Mcdaniel looks like a weasly punk, I have respect for his O-Co skills. He's good, very good.

If it's so easy, why is Bill seemingly the only coach who can consistently pull this off amongst all of these great football minds?

Short answer: it's not that easy.

Who are all these great football minds you speak of? A rookie coach in Doug Pederson is doing it with Carson Wentz. Have you seen their 3 games? I haven't missed a snap.

Y'all act like Boykin has never played football before. He knows the Hawks playbook. Execute the plays that he's most comfortable with. It's a simple game & we run simple plays. Add in a designed run. Simple.

It's easy....

Are we trying to compare what Pederson is doing with the 2nd overall pick to what Pete should be able to do with a very non-NFL ready UDFA?

C'mon...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: