Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tell me about Keenan Allen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Tell me about Keenan Allen Reply with quote

I have a pretty big Keeper League offer that includes Keenan Allen heading my way - I wanted to do some homework on him before I made any decisions.

I know he was tearing it up last season before he got hurt, but the injuries really worry me. Are we looking at freak injuries, or is he flat out injury prone? I am worried that if I trade for him, he's going to spend a lot of time on the bench, long term.

How will his role change with the new added weapons on offense + a healthy O-Line.

Is he going to make the jump into the elite tier of WRs?

What kind of stat line do you see him putting up next year?
game3525

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only concerns I would have for Keenan is his health. He isn't soft or injury prune, but he has some fairly freakish injuries over the last two years. Anyway, his role shouldn't change at all, he is clearly Rivers go-to-guy and should still be the focal point of the passing game.

Granted, the Chargers will run the ball more under Whiz so Rivers attempts will decline(in 2013, Rivers only threw the ball 544, so I expect him to be around that ball park.) and the defense should be better, which means less "catch up" stats. But still Keenan should get around 100 catches with 1200-1300 yards in 8-10 touchdowns if he remains healthy.

IMO, he is a tier two WR in fantasy, behind the ABs, Greens, and Julio. But in the same tier as Marshall, Jordy etc.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really all that psyched on KA this year from a fantasy perspective.

If you go and look at Whiz's offenses, whoever's in the slot generally gets a lot of touches. But he just generally likes to have 3+ good recievers than one "go to" guy. He's going to spread the ball around a lot, and the other big thing is that he's going to make DAMN sure that this running game gets going. So Gordon/Woodhead getting a lot of touches (which is replacing what made up a lot of KA's work last year, was short routs/screens, trying to cover up the lack of a run game).

Not saying that he's bad or anything, but He's more of a WR2/WR3 type than I'd say he is a WR1 or even a true WR2.

If you want anyone from this offense the two guys have to be Gordon and Rivers. Gates is going to get a lot of his work diminished and going to Hunter instead. Benjamin/Stevie/KA are all going to be splitting a lot of work. KA is definitely going to get the larger share, but how large that share actually is, is something that I'm not super confident in.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
sandiegofan8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am keeping Keenan Allen in my keeper league over Sammy Watkins, Brandin Cooks, Randall Cobb, and others. His numbers last year in the games he played would have put him in the elite WR discussion, and I don't see any convincing reason why they would be worse this year. Whisenhunt is coming back, and we ran the ball a lot under him, but Keenan had a great rookie season with him as an OC. I think he'll put up top 5 numbers at WR this season if he plays all 16 games, and I'm not worried about injuries.

I think a 110 rec 1500 yard 12 td season is well within his reach. I wouldn't be shocked to see him eclipse those numbers
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we just lost Stevie Johnson for half the year at least. Keenan Allen's value just went up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: