Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supratony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i believe we need to upgrade our d too but theres no one in the draft this yr that will be able to help us upgrade that much in the draft.... outside of DJ.... everyone is hype'n erasmus james just b/c mel kipper rated him high... but im not sold on him just yet because he's not dominate at the DE position.... not like suggs, peppers and freeney were in college.... the other thing is i believe we had an answer in the DE position in dave ball.... even tho he didn't get much playing time and was hurt he is a very good DE he just doesn't have the explosion off the line that peppers and freeney has.... but really who does?..... the thing i keep hear'n from everyone bout the DE is that the dominate DE's are soo rare that teams should use a 3-4 scheme to utilize the skills their LB's so they aren't dependent on DE's.... ya i know the ravens n pitt get better productions from their LB's but u have to also look at their them philosophy.... they rather have dominate LB's than a DL..... cause the ravens keep letting go DL people when their contracts r up and demand the big bucks..... n the steelers.... can u name one of the DL guys? or even the ravens' DL?..... o ya by the way... adalius thomas is a LB not a DE he just plays like it..... i guess if they were in a 4-3 scheme he would be a DE but in the 3-4 he plays LB....
SouthPaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chargers have a player on the team who would be a GREAT free safety. The only problem is that he is the starting strong safety. Terrence Kiel needs to be moved to FS & then draft a SS like Michigan's Ernest Shazor.
supratony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm i like that idea... but how far down the draft do u think he will fall? cause i think our 1st rounders and 2ed rounder is kinda high for a safety.... n consider'n we dont have a 3rd rounder... we have to wait n see if he falls the the 4th and i doubt the he will
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrence Kiel is a bonafide ss. He hits like nobody's business and he's a little slow in coverage. Did you know that half of the chargers defensive plays have terrence kiel in the box? Ya that's right, half. I don't know why you guys want to change someone's position when they're already doing good at their current position (florence to fs & kiel to fs).
Just leave everyone where they're at. Jammer could play fs, but i think he's doing good at corner.
supratony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i agree kiel is good at ss.... n jammer should stay at corner..... i like the idea of florance at fs... but that would mean puting sammy 'i cant cover' davis back at corner and i do not want to see that happen.... that boy cant cover a lamp if i gave him a drap
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha ur right..
CalKiper the III

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i agree kiel is good at ss.... n jammer should stay at corner..... i like the idea of florance at fs... but that would mean puting sammy 'i cant cover' davis back at corner and i do not want to see that happen.... that boy cant cover a lamp if i gave him a drap[/quote]

Thats the reason that reason why I want us to trade for Surtain Supra. Werent you just saying we dont need another corner?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: