You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you trade up?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you do?
Trade up for a corner.
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Keep picks, take best corner on board.
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Keep picks, take best player on board.
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Would you trade up? Reply with quote

It looks like the Saints will not address there void at corner in free agency and with the top four corners in this years draft (Hall, Revis, Houston and Ross) likley gone by the #27 overall pick, would you pay the price to move up in round 1 to secure one of there services?

Or would you reach on a player like Marcus McCauley in the first and keep our picks?

We also could select the best overall player on the board at #27 and select a corner in the later rounds like Daymeion Hughes in the 2nd or Fred Bennett in the 3rd.

What would you do?
WhoDat!
D24pick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Would you trade up? Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
It looks like the Saints will not address there void at corner in free agency and with the top four corners in this years draft (Hall, Revis, Houston and Ross) likley gone by the #27 overall pick, would you pay the price to move up in round 1 to secure one of there services?

Or would you reach on a player like Marcus McCauley in the first and keep our picks?

We also could select the best overall player on the board at #27 and select a corner in the later rounds like Daymeion Hughes in the 2nd or Fred Bennett in the 3rd.

What would you do?
WhoDat!
The top 5 CBs are:

Hall
Houston
Ross
Revis
McCauley

There's a huge possiblity that either Ross, Revis or Houston will be there at 27. If not we just take either a DT, LB, or McCauley, which is who'd I take

-Saints Assistant GM FFMD07-
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Would you trade up? Reply with quote

Would you take McCauley over Posluszny? His stock has fallen some and might be there at #27.

WhoDat!
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Would you trade up? Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Would you take McCauley over Posluszny? His stock has fallen some and might be there at #27.

WhoDat!

Also would you take McCauley over say Meachem or Bowe who I've seen slipping in alot of mocks lately..there are going to be a lot of very good players available at our pick... I just hope we can get Tampa's 2 2nds this year and maybe a 2008 pick and we can grab Charles Johnson along with McCauley and Bowe/Meachem... that would be amazing...
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Would you trade up? Reply with quote

Raves I'm with you man!

I mean, alot of WhoDat's think that Charles Grant can't be replaced. There's only two players on this team that are unreplaceable and they are Drew Brees & Reggie Bush.

If we could get a couple second rounders and a player are two for a player that will likley leave anyway it's a steal for us. About the 27th pick, I just don't see the Saints reaching for a player just because he's a corner and therefor I don't see us drafting a corner in round one unless we trade up.

For the record, I would take Bowe, Meacheam, Olsen, Poslunszy, Beason, Harrell, Meriweather, Tyler, Spencer or Harris over McCauley!

WhoDat!
Psi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends who was taken. I have no problem trading up a couple of places if say ross were the last CB left.

Don't forget, trading up 3 spots is the difference between Jammal Brown and Alex Barron....
D24pick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you trade up? Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

WhoDat!

Also would you take McCauley over say Meachem or Bowe who I've seen slipping in alot of mocks lately..there are going to be a lot of very good players available at our pick... I just hope we can get Tampa's 2 2nds this year and maybe a 2008 pick and we can grab Charles Johnson along with McCauley and Bowe/Meachem... that would be amazing...
Yeah if Meachum is on board I take em. Especially if we get those 2nd's. Then we could get McCauley with the 1st seconbd and then Moses or Crowder with the other and maybe Ben Patrick with the other

-Saints Assistant GM FFMD07-
ako

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either McCauley (most natural corner) or Tank Tyler (ridiculous strength)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: