Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Total Control Forum-wide Mock Draft - Invitation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoinesh123 wrote:
What does anyone think about Paul McRoberts out of SEMO?

I just see a guy who's going to struggle to get separation at the next level.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Car_Ramrod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoinesh123 wrote:
What does anyone think about Paul McRoberts out of SEMO?

He's an intriguing player. He shows flashes but definitely needs to be developed.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I'm thinking KeiVarae Russell because we need a CB with versatility to play outside and the slot. But if more people prefer Deiondre Hall or another CB, I could be swayed to change my mind.

For our next pick, I was thinking Ronald Blair or Alex McCalister but if anyone has a better idea, LMK.

I don't think Deiondre projects that well to the slot, to be honest. So in that regard, Russell was a better grab. As a pure corner, like I said, I'd have valued DJ White more than Hall - Hall I like because I think he projects with added value as a possible safety convert.

As to between Blair and McCalister, AMC has the higher ceiling - though obviously also the lower floor. Really depends on whether we're looking for the added depth on the strong side or the weak side of the DL. Blair projects better to the strong side IMO - powerful hands, has the arm length to compensate for height, rallies to the ball, good recognition and adjustment - he really victimizes guys who get too high in their stance and makes them pay (and that's something you tend to see more in RT's than LT's). TBH, he has a lot of William Hayes in him.

Yea, I made the same comparison for Blair on a Rams forum. I like him a lot as a versatile guy for us. I ended up sending our board in with McCalister at the top because of all the DL depth we have...so he was our pick. I would have liked to discuss it more but I had an event tonight (Peyton Manning was the speaker). Chris also wasn't able to be on, unfortunately. And I didn't think to ask Yoinesh.

So...McCalister it is. I love his upside but it would have been nice to have Blair's pro readiness as well. Really like both guys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I'm thinking KeiVarae Russell because we need a CB with versatility to play outside and the slot. But if more people prefer Deiondre Hall or another CB, I could be swayed to change my mind.

For our next pick, I was thinking Ronald Blair or Alex McCalister but if anyone has a better idea, LMK.

I don't think Deiondre projects that well to the slot, to be honest. So in that regard, Russell was a better grab. As a pure corner, like I said, I'd have valued DJ White more than Hall - Hall I like because I think he projects with added value as a possible safety convert.

As to between Blair and McCalister, AMC has the higher ceiling - though obviously also the lower floor. Really depends on whether we're looking for the added depth on the strong side or the weak side of the DL. Blair projects better to the strong side IMO - powerful hands, has the arm length to compensate for height, rallies to the ball, good recognition and adjustment - he really victimizes guys who get too high in their stance and makes them pay (and that's something you tend to see more in RT's than LT's). TBH, he has a lot of William Hayes in him.

Yea, I made the same comparison for Blair on a Rams forum. I like him a lot as a versatile guy for us. I ended up sending our board in with McCalister at the top because of all the DL depth we have...so he was our pick. I would have liked to discuss it more but I had an event tonight (Peyton Manning was the speaker). Chris also wasn't able to be on, unfortunately. And I didn't think to ask Yoinesh.

So...McCalister it is. I love his upside but it would have been nice to have Blair's pro readiness as well. Really like both guys.

I Like the McCalister pick. We have enough depth that we can afford to let him develop into something special

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the picks. McCalister is what I call a one trick pony, but that trick translates in the NFL. Has tremendous quickness, acceleration, length, and balance. Pretty much every sack I've seen from him was him dipping under the tackle. At 6'6", that's impressive.

Russell isn't getting a lot of hype right now but that's because he was suspended for 2014 and played through a stress fracture in his tibia in most of 2015.

His ability on the field doesn't tell the whole story. Take a look at the things this guy can do in the gym:
https://www.instagram.com/p/3hV5nLqad_/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqH5WIVMypo
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCd0oY0qaTV/

That 10'10" broad jump would have tied for 8th at the combine. 5'11" is considered too short by some at CB, but he plays much taller because of the leaping ability.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have two picks remaining tomorrow. Here were our past two picks:
jrry32 wrote:
With the 163rd pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams select 4226 - Travis Feeney - 43 OLB - Washington.

jrry32 wrote:
With the 188th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams select 4327 - Devon Cajuste - WR/TE - Stanford

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today we selected K Ross Martin and FS Justin Simmons.

LARams91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Today we selected K Ross Martin and FS Justin Simmons.

Loving our draft, it's really coming together nicely. Simmons in a year (if not immediately) could be our starting FS and we just drafted our starting K. Love Martin's leg and consistency. Kid has a boot!
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St. Louis Rams
Projected Depth Chart
QB: Philip Rivers - Connor Cook - Sean Mannion
HB: Todd Gurley - Benny Cunningham - Trey Watts
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Kenny Britt - James Jones
ZWR: Kenny Stills - Bradley Marquez
SLWR: Anquan Boldin - Devon Cajuste
OW: Tavon Austin
TE: Hunter Henry - Lance Kendricks - Rhett Ellison
LT: Greg Robinson - Darrell Williams
LG: Jamon Brown - Garrett Reynolds
C: Tim Barnes - Christian Westerman
RG: Cody Wichmann - Andrew Gardner
RT: Rob Havenstein - Andrew Donnal

LDE: William Hayes - Ethan Westbrooks
NT: Michael Brockers - Tyrunn Walker
UT: Aaron Donald - Jason Hatcher
RDE: Robert Quinn - Eugene Sims - Alex McCalister
WLB: Mark Barron - Keenan Robinson - Bryce Hager
MLB: Alec Ogletree - Keenan Robinson - Daren Bates
SLB: Jonathan Newsome - Travis Feeney
LCB: Trumaine Johnson - Marcus Roberson
RCB: Janoris Jenkins - KeiVarae Russell
SLCB: E.J. Gaines - Antwon Blake
FS: LaMarcus Joyner - Cody Davis - Justin Simmons
SS: T.J. McDonald - Mo Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein - Ross Martin
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Benny Cunningham
PR: Tavon Austin

Those are the results of our mock off-season. And did I mention that we still have a ton of cap room available in 2017?

Last edited by jrry32 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams fans_ Really appreciate you all for participating in my mock draft. Hoping to see you guys back next season.

These mocks wouldn't exist without your support, so again thank you for participating.

Thanks
Mike

Thanks IDOG_det
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Those are the results of our mock off-season. And did I mention that we still have a ton of cap room available in 2017?

Following up on this impressive feat, we have 42+mil free in 2017. Fourth most in the league. Even more impressive if you consider we have several more players under contract as well (two of the teams have 29 and 35 players, we have 46).

That money realistically would be used to extend Jenkz, Brockers, and Tree.

Oh Jrry, you forgot our CB KeiVarae Russell Laughing

jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Following up on this impressive feat, we have 42+mil free in 2017. Fourth most in the league. Even more impressive if you consider we have several more players under contract as well (two of the teams have 29 and 35 players, we have 46).

That money realistically would be used to extend Jenkz, Brockers, and Tree.

Oh Jrry, you forgot our CB KeiVarae Russell Laughing

I think we technically have less because Mike hasn't deducted all the rookie contracts...but that'll get us up near 53 players and $38 million to $40 million.

You're right, I did forget Russell. That's definitely good. I was kind of disappointed that we'd have to rely on Simmons at CB if we had a couple injuries.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work guys! This would be a fun team to watch.
tim199009

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good guys I'm a bit disappointed that i didnt get to participate this year since I was such an awesome GM last year. Props to jrry and others for putting together a great team.

19H6Wk3tLLaBk8tHME1JPiWsMZv8V4EzgZ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: