You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL.COM's Pat Kirwan's most recent mock.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bensonblows

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: NFL.COM's Pat Kirwan's most recent mock. Reply with quote

http://nfl.com/draft/story/10038014

he has the saints taking greg olson and then reggie nelson going with the very next pick...

since the saints picked up eric johnson i think i would rather have nelson... anyone agree?

can any of our safety's move to corner?

do we still have that bryan scott dude from atlanta? is he garbage or whats the deal?
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL.COM's Pat Kirwan's most recent mock. Reply with quote

bensonblows wrote:
since the saints picked up eric johnson i think i would rather have nelson... anyone agree?

No. We don't need another rookie/young safety. We already have two young safeties in Bullocks and Harper. I want to give Bullocks one more year before we give up on him. Plus I expect us to sign at least one free agent safety. I'd rather Olsen.

bensonblows wrote:

No. It's a very hard move to make and very few safeties can make the switch.

bensonblows wrote:
do we still have that bryan scott dude from atlanta? is he garbage or whats the deal?

Scott is still on the team and a great special teams player. He isn't starting material but he provides depth.
bensonblows

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL.COM's Pat Kirwan's most recent mock. Reply with quote

LSUSAINT wrote:
bensonblows wrote:

No. We don't need another rookie/young safety. We already have two young safeties in Bullocks and Harper. I want to give Bullocks one more year before we give up on him. Plus I expect us to sign at least one free agent safety. I'd rather Olsen.

bensonblows wrote:

No. It's a very hard move to make and very few safeties can make the switch.

bensonblows wrote:

Scott is still on the team and a great special teams player. He isn't starting material but he provides depth.

well crap... how wrong can a guy be... anyway... your not at all worried about roman harper's recovery?... I thought I heard that he wasn't doing so well... I think Bullocks is pretty good... I just thought Roman Harper wasn't doing so well...
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer drafting a CB, not another safety. We seem to have decent depth (pending certain FA dealings). And with EJ signing with us, I'm not even sure we would take Olson. If we do take a TE, I don't think it will happen until the 3rd or 4th. Is there anyword on how Harper is doing?

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL.COM's Pat Kirwan's most recent mock. Reply with quote

If your asking if we should take Nelson over Olsen, I say NO!

We already have a young free safety with speed thats gonna make rookie mistakes, his name is Josh Bullocks. Also, although we signed Eric Johnson he is still injury prone and only on a one year deal so having said that, Olsen would be the better prospect for New Orleans.

Still, I have to agree with NavyMan on drafting a corner but only if Houston, Ross, Revis or Hall are still on the board.

WhoDat!
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL.COM's Pat Kirwan's most recent mock. Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
If your asking if we should take Nelson over Olsen, I say NO!

We already have a young free safety with speed thats gonna make rookie mistakes, his name is Josh Bullocks. Also, although we signed Eric Johnson he is still injury prone and only on a one year deal so having said that, Olsen would be the better prospect for New Orleans.

Still, I have to agree with NavyMan on drafting a corner but only if Houston, Ross, Revis or Hall are still on the board.

WhoDat!

If they're not there, I say go BPA (providing we have addressed more problems in FA).

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
eddieb23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too me theres 2 really special players in this draft

patrick willis
and
greg olsen

olsen ran a 4.45...how many TE can do that recievers cant even do that

roman harper didnt play bad at all till he got hurt

we can easily get a dcent CB in the second

Lets go Cubbies!!!!

DA BULLS

GO BLUE

Boise State Broncos #1
D24pick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw Olsen! We do not need a TE so early, better yet any offensive player so early in the draft period! The only position on offense to take that early I could see would be WR. I say:

1 Willis
2 Ross
3 Houston
4 Tyler
5 McCauley

-Saints Assistant GM FFMD07-
Gator_Saint28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes take reggie..... he is top 15 talent and if he falls to us that would be great... safety is the playmaking position on defence and whichever 2 win the position out of the three are gonna be GOOD.... competition only makes people better
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if reggie nelson is there...you don't even think about it...you turn in the sheet of paper with his name on it. Reggie Nelson is a top 15 talent...and some believe that he is top 10. He is the best safety against the pass in the draft....he would instantaneous help our passing defense. as far as bullocks...he would make nice depth behind nelson...but he is nowheres near the player that nelson is. shoot..nelson would probably be our second best CB if we drafted him. Olson has great numbers...but I don't think that he will do too much better than Eric Johnson if Johnson stays healthy. Olson drops WAY too many balls for my liking. if it comes down to it...you take defense over offense if you are the saints.
Thug Life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullocks is young, but that doesn't change the fact that he sucks.
D24pick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
if reggie nelson is there...you don't even think about it...you turn in the sheet of paper with his name on it. Reggie Nelson is a top 15 talent...and some believe that he is top 10. He is the best safety against the pass in the draft....he would instantaneous help our passing defense. as far as bullocks...he would make nice depth behind nelson...but he is nowheres near the player that nelson is. shoot..nelson would probably be our second best CB if we drafted him. Olson has great numbers...but I don't think that he will do too much better than Eric Johnson if Johnson stays healthy. Olson drops WAY too many balls for my liking. if it comes down to it...you take defense over offense if you are the saints.
No the hell he isn't. I watched the guy play all year being a Tiger fan living in JAX Florida. He doesn't play the pass as well as he hits or plays the run. He just hits the WR evertime. That's all he did when he played LSU. He doesn't have the speed like Bullocks or any other guy with speed. That is so not true about that guy, the player from LSU at Safety is by far amounts as the best Safety in the draft.

If you grade Nelson overall, he's 2nd or 3rd Round. If hitting, he's 1st round, Defending anything other than the runner he's 5th round Wink

Gator_Saint28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea all he does is hits the reciever.... he returned an interception for a td against the crimson tide.... and when he hits recievers it makes them SCARED and no saints defensive players make the other team scared right now.... he smashed lsu recievers 3 times in one game one they called pass interfernce but it wasnt..... he made massaquois from georgia fall down coming across the middle Shocked
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator_Saint28 wrote:
yea all he does is hits the reciever.... he returned an interception for a td against the crimson tide.... and when he hits recievers it makes them SCARED and no saints defensive players make the other team scared right now.... he smashed lsu recievers 3 times in one game one they called pass interfernce but it wasnt..... he made massaquois from georgia fall down coming across the middle Shocked

Nelson is better against the pass IMHO than D24 let on, but to say a player is going to come in and make teams scared as a rookie before hes even set foot on an NFL field is very presumptuous. Also to say hes better in coverage than any NFL player is also borderline insane.

As for the mock, its not a bad pick, but I will once again say if Willis is there pull the trigger. If hes gone, Olsen or maybe a CB, but remember Alex Molden (who?)? Well this may be a different set of coaches and CB's to draft but the lesson is the same: 1st round CB's are very risky. Plus let me also say again that this CB class is so deep, that we could very well get first round talent in the second possible even the third. Id like to see us draft David Irons, for one. Hes shown good coverage skills and he looks like he could be a steal.

1958, 2003, and 2007 National Champions!
D24pick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator_Saint28 wrote:
The only plays I might give him credit for is the Crimson tide play and the Masaquois plays. He isn't that damn good c'mon, you're a freakin Gator fan, I watched the damn man all year. He makes them scared yeah, but one INT return doesn't mean he a Ed Reed dammit! Like GLSUTigers stated, he's not gonna put fear in players heart like that in the NFL!

He fouls players overly too much and he gets burned on plays and you know it and would be man enough to admit if you're so much of a Gator Fan.

And we do have a pure hitter on the team at Safety, matter of fact two! Bryan Scott and Roman Harper. If you ever seen Scott played before you know he can play OLB. And Harper has layed people out a couple of times this past year, you don't have to have fear to get knocked off Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: