You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dre Bly

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOSaints

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Dre Bly Reply with quote

apparently we offered a 4th for Bly which was rejected. Well at least we are trying I have a feeling Denver is gonna want way too much for him but it would be nice if we could get him for the right price.
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10043397
mattmatt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, he only wants to be in Washington so let him be in Washington. if we traded for him, in a week we will hear about how much he didn't want to come here and how he wants to be in washington...

what is up with washington...does Snyder now pay them under the table as well...

Keato
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of your patrons reported the Saints had upped the offer to a 2nd. Have you guys heard anything to support that or was HE just pulling our leg ?
santibanezaa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't get it either. why the hell wouldn't anyone want to come and play here? we've got the building blocks for a championship team, and the NO is fun as hell. washington has been huge in the FA market the last couple of years, and it seems they're not gonna stop anytime soon.
mattmatt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
One of your patrons reported the Saints had upped the offer to a 2nd. Have you guys heard anything to support that or was HE just pulling our leg ?

i have not heard of such a thing...I hope not though!

Keato
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattmatt wrote:
I don't know, he only wants to be in Washington so let him be in Washington. if we traded for him, in a week we will hear about how much he didn't want to come here and how he wants to be in washington...

what is up with washington...does Snyder now pay them under the table as well...

The main reason he wants to play for Washington is because they are willing to offer him a contract extension which is something Denver isn't doing. He's reportedly said he would be happy to be a Saint.
D24pick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSUSAINT wrote:
mattmatt wrote:

The main reason he wants to play for Washington is because they are willing to offer him a contract extension which is something Denver isn't doing. He's reportedly said he would be happy to be a Saint.
Great but I'd perfer to keep our picks instead

-Saints Assistant GM FFMD07-
Raves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more than happy to give up a 2nd for a v. capable CB even if he is 30. He's better than what we could get in the draft during the 2nd round, he'll be able to tutor whatever CB we do draft as we do need to get youth there, and we have enough 4th picks to move from the 3rd to the 2nd and then from the 4th to the 3rd If we had to. But hey that's just me.
ako

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want us to trade with Denver. They always rip off people in their deals, they must use some voodoo to convince GMs.
We'll end up with a RB picked in the 19th round of the 1996 draft and we'll lose our first round pick.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ako"]I don't want us to trade with Denver. They always rip off people in their deals, they must use some voodoo to convince GMs.
We'll end up with a RB picked in the 19th round of the 1996 draft and we'll lose our first round pick.[/quote]

Always did think Shanahan was a good.....'horse-trader'....LMAO
flyguy594

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the saints are still in the mix for this guy and they are in the mix for darrel jackson
TheRedSea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woulnt give the Broncos anything but a 3rd for him. The Saints are interviewing CB Roderick Hood who can be an excellent nickel back and can play the Right corner spot as a backup. I think N.O. should grab Travis Fisher CB if the Broncos reject a 3rd round for Bly. Fisher is still young. In the draft a CB should be taken either Houston or McCauley.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoken like a true CHIEFS fan !!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: