Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cricket
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Cricket Reply with quote

So the Aussies get thrashed again. They seem to be getting themselves into the sort of mess England did before the Ashes what with picking up injuries and strange selections.

Who's your money on the win the Cricket World Cup now?

I still gotta say Australia. Mad

Props to saintsfan for the sig.
chrisbcowboys

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont be suprised if the sri lankans do well.
ive been saying that for ages
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

• Australia – final chance of glory for a dynasty rapidly drawing to a close. They rely heavily on Ponting and have lots of questions. How fit are many of their players and can their bowlers dig them out of trouble? Strong in the field.

• South Africa – Solid all the way down and have a nice balance. Arguably the best ODI bowling attack and are high on confidence. Also strong in the field.

• India – will like the wickets as they are sub-continent like. Exceptional batting line-up that will score heavily as long as the track is not fast and bouncy. Decent bowling line-up but poor in the field.

• Sri Lanka – they have the best bowler in cricket and Murali can win any game on any wicket. Vaas and Malinga provide him with quality support. Can be brilliant with the bat but blow hot and cold. Showed in New Zealand how you never know what to expect from them. Not a good fielding team.

• Pakistan – now they’ve got their main bowlers you can’t count them out. The bowling has good balance and can rip out a batting line-up. Excellent ODI middle order with Youseef ranking with Ponting for sheer ability and great potential back-up in Younis Khan and Inzy but struggle for openers. Afridi will score very fast whilst he’s in. Rubbish fielding and running between the wickets could hurt them and they are like the Dutch football team for temperament.

• England – garbage in ODI for many years but have suddenly found form. They still need to work out their best team and need to know if Vaughan can play. In KP they have the joint best ODI batsman in the world with Ponting but he and Flintoff are the only two big-hitters in the team. The quick bowling is raw and Monty is still inexperienced in ODI’s. The fielding is ok which pretty much sums England up. They’ll need momentum and then who knows?

• NZ – will also need to keep the momentum going. Can chase down big totals, especially if Oram is fit. They are normally good at ground-fielding but their catching can be terrible. Their bowling is weak but in Shane Bond they have a man with a licence to kill any batting line-up.

• West Indies – as hosts they’ve got to have a chance. But most of the grounds and wickets will be as new to them as any team. They have raw batting and bowling talent but it’s hard to see them being able to keep it going for such a long tournament. They remind me of Pakistan in that they are so unpredictable in all aspects of the game. But they don’t have Pakistan’s experience or talent.

• The rest – only Bangladesh have any hope of qualifying for the super 8 and that is very slim. I expect one of the big 8 to lose a game though v a minnow. Bangladesh v India or SL being the most likely.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like the windys win (not likely) They are all layed back when playing and they just have fun..
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissboy wrote:
i would like the windys win (not likely) They are all layed back when playing and they just have fun..

So if the WIndies played Australia in the final who would you support?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i go for any team that plays the aussies, i dont like the aussie team they are all arrogant
azazaz7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't watch much cricket but I might make an exception this year due to Ireland qualifying for the World Cup. Not that we'll go very far but it's a good achievement for such a small sport (over here) to make it to the top competition in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azazaz7 wrote:
I usually don't watch much cricket but I might make an exception this year due to Ireland qualifying for the World Cup. Not that we'll go very far but it's a good achievement for such a small sport (over here) to make it to the top competition in the game.

And you have an Irishman in the England team too (Joyce). Very Happy

Sunbeam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget Pakistan.

Shoaib and Asif are out. That's their bowling screwed!

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its down to 4 teams In my books.

Australia, They are jsut a great cricket side

South Africa, #1 in the world have the bowlers and the Batsman to win games where they defend 200 or chase 340.

New Zealand, they are on a role beat the Aussie 3-0 in the last series, albeit a weakened team. Chased down 300 in consecutive game agaisnt a mirror world cup bowling lineup. Have Power hitters from start to finish, in Vincent Taylor,Oram,Styris,McCullum,McMillian.

Bowling, they have Bond who is a machine, and Vettori the Best ODI spinner in the world. Ortam can trundle through 7 or 8 in the middle for 4.5 an over and we have an improving young attack wtih Tuffey Gillespie and Franklin. Styris and McMillian can bowl as well.

West Indies, Home feild,Brain Lara and Chris Gayle, they can win if these two dominate.

ON the outer.

Sri Lanka, don't have a bowling attack outside or Murili,Vaas and Malinga thats 20 overs where they will go at 8+. If Early Wickets are taken they have no batting Depth.

India, can do it with a little bit of luck, if the Little masters fire(sehwag and Tendulkar), they can win but im not so sure they will, also have a very weak bowling lineup, however it will be interesting to see harbajian bowling in the Power Plays.
91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought England were going to post a sub 200 score against Bermuda today. what about that 20 stone policeman though. he is only abit lighter than Warne.

He's going to last until the 20's, quote that.

On Bridgewater.
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Its down to 4 teams In my books.

New Zealand, they are on a role beat the Aussie 3-0 in the last series, albeit a weakened team. Chased down 300 in consecutive game agaisnt a mirror world cup bowling lineup. Have Power hitters from start to finish, in Vincent Taylor,Oram,Styris,McCullum,McMillian.

Bowling, they have Bond who is a machine, and Vettori the Best ODI spinner in the world. Ortam can trundle through 7 or 8 in the middle for 4.5 an over and we have an improving young attack wtih Tuffey Gillespie and Franklin. Styris and McMillian can bowl as well.

You are useful but you struggle to defend totals. Your bowling is on the weak side. Bond is class though.

Oh.. and no way in any world in any galaxy is Vettori better than Murali. Not in any form of cricket. Your dismissal of India's bowling attack is questionable too.

Crusader

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every country is represented in the England line up...

Seriously over-rating the Saffers in this forum. Who hav ethey beaten (and where) to "earn" the #1 spot?

Aussies won't win, but anyone who says they're arrogant, has only ever barracked for losing teams.

I thought the Kiwis would win, but without Oram, they might not have the depth in either half of the game.... Craig McMillan is the fat version of Ricky Ponting.

Sri Lanka will be the danger side, but they're in a bugger of a group. Sangakara will be the one to watch.

Someone WILL make 500 in the tournament... Probably while chasing 499 against the Aussies

Julius Peppers doesn't sleep. He waits.
91jmay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crusader wrote:
Every country is represented in the England line up...

Seriously over-rating the Saffers in this forum. Who hav ethey beaten (and where) to "earn" the #1 spot?

Aussies won't win, but anyone who says they're arrogant, has only ever barracked for losing teams.

I thought the Kiwis would win, but without Oram, they might not have the depth in either half of the game.... Craig McMillan is the fat version of Ricky Ponting.

Sri Lanka will be the danger side, but they're in a bugger of a group. Sangakara will be the one to watch.

Someone WILL make 500 in the tournament... Probably while chasing 499 against the Aussies

Maybe the aussies would get there nightmare make in the next stage:
Bangladesh Shocked they have beat you before....

He's going to last until the 20's, quote that.

On Bridgewater.
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win for the WIndies yesterday. Good for the tournament.

I can see Australia or someone getting 400 in one of these matches.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 1 of 64

Jump to: