You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Losman and Evans

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Losman and Evans Reply with quote

At what point in time should the Bills be looking to extend the contracts of Losman and Evans? Each have two years left on their respective contracts.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
cdavls17

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the way the bills r going they will not be resigned and be released so does that answer ur ?
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
well the way the bills r going they will not be resigned and be released so does that answer ur ?

no.

^Jamison.
Whitner20

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

People need to take a deep breathe. We let go of Clements and Fletcher because we didn't want them. We didn't think he fit our teams plan for the future. Stop the "CHEAP" talk, the Bills just signed Walker and Dockery to large deals.... it's obvious their not THAT cheap.

We're not even close to being a week into free agency and people are jumping all over the Bills. They have fixed their offensive line majorily and they will fix those voids. Besides, Levy fixed Clements void by drafting Youboty! So seriously... relax guys!
xian3000

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd resign them after next season. I want a full strong season out of Losman before we strap him in for a good long time. I think he's our future, I just want a whole year out of him.

Sign Lee as fast as you can.

Sig by CalhounLambeau
DerekNY11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the Bills should look to re-sign Evans soon, but Losman still has to prove himself this year. If he has a good season and doesn't look the inconsistent Losman that he used to be, then I would try to re-sign him. The Bills aren't cheap, they know what direction they want to go in, and are willing to remove pieces that dont fit their puzzle. It will take just a few more smart moves in free agency and the draft to get that team headed back in the winning direction. They are miles ahead of where they were with the Donahoe and Mularkey regime. We should definitely keep Evans, but I wouldn't rush to re-sign Losman, at least not until he proves he can be a consistent starter for a whole season.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xian3000 wrote:
I'd resign them after next season. I want a full strong season out of Losman before we strap him in for a good long time. I think he's our future, I just want a whole year out of him.

Good answer, that's pretty much what I was thinking

^Jamison.
xian3000

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
xian3000 wrote:

Good answer, that's pretty much what I was thinking

Thank you kindly, this thread is something I think of often. Can anyone predict when the team will actually make these extensions?

Sig by CalhounLambeau
Clayman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see a deal with Evans ASAP. He's definitely a franchise reciever. But Evans doesn't come across to me as the kind of guy who's going to want to leave, and I guarntee that the front office likes him. I really like JP, but getting a full season out of him sounds like a good idea.

Marcus Stroud: 7 tackles, 2.0 sacks, 4 pass def.
Whitner20

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously i'd want them to get the big deals done as quick as possible, but i don't see a rush for it. They gotta keep their focus on improving the defense with free agents and getting ready for the draft.

I think Evans will be done during the season, and Losman next winter around draft time, probably soon there after, so right before training camp.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: