You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is the lowest you would take for Willis and Takeo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xian3000

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Well if we can sign 2 linebackers in free agency y not do it and take peterson or calvin

We've expressed interest in zero FA linebackers. Cato June can't stop the run, and no one's even peeped about Lance Briggs.

While it'd be nice, doesn't look like it's Marv's plan.

Sig by CalhounLambeau
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xian3000 wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:
Well if we can sign 2 linebackers in free agency y not do it and take peterson or calvin

We've expressed interest in zero FA linebackers. Cato June can't stop the run, and no one's even peeped about Lance Briggs.

yeah, I'm thinking Crowell and Ellison along with a solid draft pick should be ok for the Bills. Altough they will need some added depth at LB, which can most definitely be addressed via FA.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Whitner20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xian3000 wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Didn't Chicago put the franchise tag on Briggs? If thats the case he will command a high contract, something like a top 5 average at his position or something. I forget the rules of a tagged player but it's weird.

And yeah i agree, i don't want Cato June. Marv wanted attacking linebackers.... June doesn't fit that describtion, if we were interested in June we might as well have re-signed Fletcher.
xian3000

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitner20 wrote:
xian3000 wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Didn't Chicago put the franchise tag on Briggs? If thats the case he will command a high contract, something like a top 5 average at his position or something. I forget the rules of a tagged player but it's weird.

And yeah i agree, i don't want Cato June. Marv wanted attacking linebackers.... June doesn't fit that describtion, if we were interested in June we might as well have re-signed Fletcher.

Precisely, if we needed a quick, pass deflecting, intercepting machine, we already had the best on our team. He didn't fit anymore.

Sig by CalhounLambeau
Whitner20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xian3000 wrote:
Precisely, if we needed a quick, pass deflecting, intercepting machine, we already had the best on our team. He didn't fit anymore.

I honestly don't know which LBers are out there that Marv would target. Obviously LaVar Arrington and Joey Porter fill the bill that he said he wanted from a LB but both has issues of their own, Porter no way would even be considered by Marv, but Arrington i could see. Esspicially if we draft a linebacker in the first round (with the additional pick), kinda give us insurance if Arrington stuggles, and if he doesn't, gives that pick extra time to develop. I was against Arrington because i didn't like the idea of having 2 guys who are injuried on our defense. But with Spikes gone, why not give Arrington a try?

Who else is out there? Briggs but he'd cost way too much.

Any ideas?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: